List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Pick 1

• Finn O'Sullivan

• Sam Lalor

• Jagga Smith

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

You are speaking theoretically, when these decisions are to be made by people with an intimate knowledge of the players available this year and next year

Pick 10 this year is a better player than Pick 5 most years, this is the consensus

You don't have to agree with it, but it is what it is

Nah, so from what I’ve heard the draft is deep it just means pick from 1-30 are good. But most drafts are just very top heavy. Ie top 1-5/8 are extremely/very good

So many clubs have improved this off season. You're not going to find many that have gone backwards. North has natural improvement in them, but I don't see them climbing out of the bottom 4 when they almost finished last again this season.
I think they will improve and have them at 7-9 wins

Now where that puts them on the ladder is anybody's guess

Pick 10 this year is a better player than Pick 5 most years, this is the consensus
You're also theoretically speaking here aren't you?
We don't know what kind of player pick 10 will be this year in an AFL system.

You're just trying to manipulate the discussion in a certain way but I'm familiar with these parlour tricks.

You're also theoretically speaking here aren't you?
We don't know what kind of player pick 10 will be this year in an AFL system.

You're just trying to manipulate the discussion in a certain way but I'm familiar with these parlour tricks.

This.

I think people are to lost in the whole deep draft they are forgetting most years are very top heavy.. ie 2021 and 2022 drafts

You are speaking theoretically, when these decisions are to be made by people with an intimate knowledge of the players available this year and next year

You don't have to agree with it, but it is what it is

But how do we know this ?
The top Tier is effectively 6-7 players in this years draft maybe 8 at the best depending on which players get taken due to need like Tauru/Armstrong then you get into the next tier of players like Allan , Travaglia , Shannahan

Also what if the NorF F1 actually ends up being a pick #3-#5 and some of the non academy kids develop like Lalor , Jagga and even Tauru ? Maybe a KPF bolts up the charts from obscurity to become a Roughead/Franklin type

Its 100% worth the trade to get #2 this year

Nah I'd rather just pick the players we have at 1 and 2 in the order as they're likely the best ones for us.

But hey, that's just me.
You keep posting as if there’s no opportunity cost to trading up to 2. What if we have Smillie at 3 on our board and think it’s almost certain we get him at 6? Would we trade 3 and 18 for 2? Technically we are trading pick 6 but if the player we would get at 6 is rated higher by us then we are trading that better pick.

You also need to allow for the fact that recruiting is an imperfect science, even more so in this draft where some have Draper at 2 and some at 7. Odds are our rankings won’t be correct and the best option may be to stack the odds in our favor by weight of numbers.

Pick 11 could easily turn out the best player in this draft, it’s not highly unlikely that 6, 10 & 11 all are better players than pick 1 in this draft. It’s not a draft with 2-3 obvious standouts hence the apprehension giving up valuable draft capital.

FOS could play the Jaidyn Stephenson role at North. Probably straight away

I have a question

at the moment we have 8 picks

I think someone said we have 8 spots on our list available, senior spots?

So if had 9 picks at some point, via a trade, do we lose the last pick?? unless we trade out another pick for a future as part of the trade???

is this the correct interpretation of current situation.

I think trading for picks stops in early november before draft day/night?

Desperate Housewives Waiting GIF by HULU

Xavier,Chargers,VicC or Academy?
Name the game he's been dominant from the centre bounce.

Chargers, vic country and academy and futures. Not sure about Xavier. But there is footage of him online buddy. I’m not concerned on 18 touches this year especially injury riddled. He’s a gun, he’s a hard worker can play outside/inside, major threat inside 50. Creates score involvements. Will take 1-2 years to get going but will be an extremely damaging midfielder. Think Isaac Heeney where every possession is crucial.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

- No F/S or academy picks
1-Richmond -Lalor
2-NTH- Tauru
3-Carlton- FOS
4-Adelaide- Draper
5-Melbourne- Langford
6- Richmond- Smith
7- Stkilda- Smillie
8- Stkilda- Reid
9- Melbourne- Lindsey
10- Richmond- Armstrong
11- Richmond- Travaglia
12- WC- Allan
13- Port- Gerryn
14- Freo- Hotton
15- GWS- Berry
16- GWS- Shanahan
17- Bulldogs- Trainor
18- Richmond- JWhitlock
19- Sydney- Davis
20- NTH- MWhitlock -traded from Richmond for future First
21- GWS- Haynes
22- Sydney- Dodson
23- Richmond-Hanniford
24- Richmond- future first
Can not see too many or any team trading out of this years draft.
Next years draft heavily compromised by academy picks.
North will be desperate to get back in this draft more so now that Stevenson has retired.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What about Jagga
Jagga more a CB/ clearance king guy (vs fwd/mid), though I suppose he’d likely also do some time outside to start. Our CB clearances were absolutely dreadful this year, so there’re positions vacant.

North do have a few of those, especially if Daniel lets McKercher graduate up the ground, Sheezel gets set in the middle & presuming Parker spends proper minutes in the guts.

Jagga more a CB/ clearance king guy (vs fwd/mid), though I suppose he’d likely also do some time outside to start. Our CB clearances were absolutely dreadful this year, so there’re positions vacant.

North do have a few of those, especially if Daniel lets McKercher graduate up the ground, Sheezel gets set in the middle & presuming Parker spends proper minutes in the guts.

North want Jagga. They scream about using pick 2 on him ion there draft board

- No F/S or academy picks
1-Richmond -Lalor
2-NTH- Tauru
3-Carlton- FOS
4-Adelaide- Draper
5-Melbourne- Langford
6- Richmond- Smith
7- Stkilda- Smillie
8- Stkilda- Reid
9- Melbourne- Lindsey
10- Richmond- Armstrong
11- Richmond- Travaglia
12- WC- Allan
13- Port- Gerryn
14- Freo- Hotton
15- GWS- Berry
16- GWS- Shanahan
17- Bulldogs- Trainor
18- Richmond- JWhitlock
19- Sydney- Davis
20- NTH- MWhitlock -traded from Richmond for future First
21- GWS- Haynes
22- Sydney- Dodson
23- Richmond-Hanniford
24- Richmond- future first
Can not see too many or any team trading out of this years draft.
Next years draft heavily compromised by academy picks.
North will be desperate to get back in this draft more so now that Stevenson has retired.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
in this sceanrio, RFC is crazy trading up with pick 6 for 2 because we get one of Smith or Smillie or another if we keep 6.

If I am RFC I am thinking with our later picks can we get pick 12/13 and 14 depending on who is still there and is it worth it?

Freo, West Coast and Port will have there own ideas who they would like. Being interstate, more open to trading as targeting specific players or even going into futures or trading back I think

North want Jagga. They scream about using pick 2 on him ion there draft board
the next time I go to their board will be the first, and I can see why he’d appeal, but if they’re after more size & that’s on the first line of their wants, well he isn’t Smillie/ Langford

the next time I go to their board will be the first, and I can see why he’d appeal, but if they’re after more size & that’s on the first line of their wants, well he isn’t Smillie

I don’t know I like Jagga he fits a purpose. But he is one dimensional. Probably can change though. But why north fans thought this was a great pick up is beyond me. Jagga is better suited for us. Obviously Lalor and FOS are better suited to us as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Back