List Mgmt. 2024 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Nathaniel Sulzberger might be one to keep an eye in the finals. Doing a similar thing to Sanders, in that he's a Tassie boy that's boarding in Melbourne and playing for Sandy in the Coates League. Kicked 3 goals and had 29 possessions last weekend. Can play a midfield or a half forward role and I think he's one that could suit us. Looked good in the contest and has the speed and power to burst clear from the contest. Very good all round athlete with his leap, speed and endurance all very strong. Has run a sub 6 minute 2km time trial which is something we seem to rate looking at last year's draft. Ball use looked good on the weekend too. Might be worth a stab late in the draft.
That's one hell of a name too

Alger kicked 4 on the weekend too

I like him and will probably go higher then the ones I have below, just not convinced he's the right type for us. Has some decent ground level skills, but seems to get most of his possessions as a marking/leading target similar to Weightmen. Defensive pressure is very inconsistent on what I've seen as well.

Think Evan Bradley, Benny Barrett or Waylon Davey bring a different skill set to what we've got. Better defensive skills and better ground ball/crumbing skills then Alger. Alger's teammate Davey kicked 5 goals on the weekend as well, fitness does needs a lot of work though.

A few others more high half forward types who might be good fits for us as well.
Will Hayes (different one to the one we had) looks to have some similarities to O'Driscoll, maybe not quite as athletic, but more skillful and a very hard runner. Quite interested to see how he goes at the combine.
Josh Dolan is a very creative type, that plays with a lot of energy and wins a lot of ball. Not sure he's quick enough for what we need, very hard runner though.
Cody Angove is more versatile compared the other 3, played a lot of wing and half back as well as forward. Quick, takes the game on and uses it very well. Defensive game is quite good too.

A least there's a lot of options this year if we miss out on one earlier in the draft. Your thoughts?

I like him and will probably go higher then the ones I have below, just not convinced he's the right type for us. Has some decent ground level skills, but seems to get most of his possessions as a marking/leading target similar to Weightmen. Defensive pressure is very inconsistent on what I've seen as well.

Think Evan Bradley, Benny Barrett or Waylon Davey bring a different skill set to what we've got. Better defensive skills and better ground ball/crumbing skills then Alger. Alger's teammate Davey kicked 5 goals on the weekend as well, fitness does needs a lot of work though.

A few others more high half forward types who might be good fits for us as well.
Will Hayes (different one to the one we had) looks to have some similarities to O'Driscoll, maybe not quite as athletic, but more skillful and a very hard runner. Quite interested to see how he goes at the combine.
Josh Dolan is a very creative type, that plays with a lot of energy and wins a lot of ball. Not sure he's quick enough for what we need, very hard runner though.
Cody Angove is more versatile compared the other 3, played a lot of wing and half back as well as forward. Quick, takes the game on and uses it very well. Defensive game is quite good too.

A least there's a lot of options this year if we miss out on one earlier in the draft. Your thoughts?

Angove looks like the type that will be a good AFL player. Has all the tools. And as you mentioned has scope in many positions. Can see him as one we’d be keen on.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Honestly see a list spot for both a medium and small forward especially if we see West moving into the midfield eventually. I don't see Clarke making the level as others do here, his disposal lets him down far too much.

Alger I see as a bit of a hybrid like the Berry but likely to fall later than him at around pick 30-40ish. Has a lot of the attributes I tend to like in these sorts of players similar to Weightman in a lot of regards, very clever natural forward and has that late December birthday. As for the other more pure crumbling smalls we really seem to like players who have the speed/endurance combo as you said want to see how Hayes and the others go in this regard at the combine.

Honestly see a list spot for both a medium and small forward especially if we see West moving into the midfield eventually. I don't see Clarke making the level as others do here, his disposal lets him down far too much.

Alger I see as a bit of a hybrid like the Berry but likely to fall later than him at around pick 30-40ish. Has a lot of the attributes I tend to like in these sorts of players similar to Weightman in a lot of regards, very clever natural forward and has that late December birthday. As for the other more pure crumbling smalls we really seem to like players who have the speed/endurance combo as you said want to see how Hayes and the others go in this regard at the combine.

I personally don't see much of a need for medium forwards with our tall forward line and Weightmen. I'd prefer to keep recruiting smalls, but I can understand this line of thinking. With Bedendo going as well we don't have a lot of medium forwards.

Agree on Clarke though. I've seen enough and would be very surprised if he makes it. His composure isn't AFL standard and his foot skills need a lot of work also. I think we will keep him on for one more year though.

Would be interested in getting Davey-Motlop in, Marra would be a great mentor for him.

Bucket loads of X-factor, freakish ability around goals and likes to tackle. Talent is certainly there, it's just a matter of whether he wants it enough. Jamarra would certainly be a good example for him.

With the Bailey Smith pick id be disappointed if we didn't take Alix Tauru if he is still available looks like an absolute jet.

With the Bailey Smith pick id be disappointed if we didn't take Alix Tauru if he is still available looks like an absolute jet.

Don't really want a tall with our first pick, but he'd be the exception. I love watching him play. Fearless, love his attack on the ball and his aerial game. I like that for an intercept player he can actually defend and has quite a good ground level game also. Has spent some time in the midfield as well. And while he does look very raw in there, his hands are pretty good inside the contest and has good agility moving through the contest so there's something to work with there. Could be anything really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’d think Moraes will be in the mix considering we have been linked and that seems to be his range.

Personally hope we move a few more players on and really load up in this draft. We need more young talent.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

This from Bangers gives me concern about Moraes, these are the things we need most

1725864152661.png

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back