Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
The loss of Brayshaw can not be underestimated - can't plan for that. He was the glue. We got a flag - Jordan, Harmes, Brown, Jackson, Hibberd, Spargo?? and now ANB all gone. Clarry unwell. Is what it is - time does not stop for anyone. 12 from the Dogs have gone - you have to move with the times. Get to the draft, reload and trade. Show some gratitude on this feed for Christ's sake. Shit can Goody and co - this group is appalling.

The loss of Brayshaw can not be underestimated - can't plan for that. He was the glue. We got a flag - Jordan, Harmes, Brown, Jackson, Hibberd, Spargo?? and now ANB all gone. Clarry unwell. Is what it is - time does not stop for anyone. 12 from the Dogs have gone - you have to move with the times. Get to the draft, reload and trade. Show some gratitude on this feed for Christ's sake. Shit can Goody and co - this group is appalling.
🤔

"getting our shane mcadam pick back", lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Future second round pick for Shane McAdam, what a ****in' trade that was.

Picsart_24-08-13_22-35-19-789.jpg
Pleasure doing business with you

(I've had a soft spot for Melbourne since happening upon one of your pre-big freeze march to the G things in Federation square I come in peace)

Half the watchers on this thread now aren't even Melbourne posters. Did we do it? Are we a big club now? 🤗

Yep, think I'm done with footy for now. I've struggled to maintain any interest or engagement with the team over much of the past couple of seasons anyway, and have long since lost interest in non-Melbourne games. But when heart-and-soul players start leaving and the whole culture of the club just implodes like this, then I think it really lays bare the hollowness of sports fandom. Everyone involved is fungible - does it really matter if they happen to wear a red-and-blue jumper or not? Do I care if the club succeeds in finding new AFL employees to take the place of the AFL employees I'm cheering on for some reason now? What exactly is it that I'm supposed to be invested in here?

I will always thank the team and the various players who have cycled through it for the moments of joy they've brought me, especially in 2021. I've supported this team through more than 30 years, through the highs and the (many, many) lows, but the magic is gone now. I'm not mad with the club - in fact that's part of the problem. I just feel jaded and exhausted. I can sit through a rebuild, I can endure long periods without success, but there's no point when the wins start to feel just as empty as the losses. So adios muchachos. Best of luck for the future.

Last edited:
Excuse Me What GIF by Bounce

Wouldn’t surprise me if another name or 2 emerge over the coming week.

Usually once the season is cooked they start dropping and we got a fair few blokes who looked like they couldn’t give a shit the last month or 2.

A lot to unpack here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Half the watchers on this thread now aren't even Melbourne posters. Did we do it? Are we a big club now? 🤗
Who watches the watchers?

So at the moment we are

Out: Viney, Petracca, Oliver, ANB, Ben Brown, Melksham, Joel Smith, Brayshaw, Farris-White, Kentfield, Hunter

In: Houston

I said it at the time when we resigned nibbler for 3 years that it was a good deal. Even if he is a fringe player at the end of the contract, he's a type of player you want in the team to drive the standard. He's just the sort of player you'd want to keep.

Didn't you spend the whole year defending Oliver and the club 😂
No. That’s what you think as you seem to have poor comprehension skills with certain posters. I’ve been off the club for a while. And pissed at Clarry. I’ve just been able to understand his lack of preparation has been terrible for his performance this year. Club mishandled a lot of things of late.

No. That’s what you think as you seem to have poor comprehension skills with certain posters. I’ve been off the club for a while. And pissed at Clarry. I’ve just been able to understand his lack of preparation has been terrible for his performance this year. Club mishandled a lot of things of late.
Ah couldn't even make it through one paragraph without an excuse, almost big fella.

One month ago clarry puts us in contention but apparently I don't have comprehension skills :$

Never said we’d win it with him. But clearly peak Clarry would make ins significantly better and be in contention. Other than the swans it’s pretty open.

We ARE shit-canning Goody and co! You're right, they are appalling. Welcome to the mob, friend.

1530298868377-angry-mob.jpeg

Watching the events of the last few months and the Boards silence gives me images of the orchestra playing while the Titanic sinks . If Trac , maybe Viney and now nibbler wanting out hasn’t got alarm bells screaming, we are ****ed .
i get the sense we won’t lose Trac. But Viney I have a feeling will go. North apparently have put a decent deal in front of him. ANB will go.
We got to be really careful though. So many young talented intestate players on the list. Need to address the issues now and not sweep under the carpet like we’ve been doing.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread 🗑🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Back