Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
I reckon we are better off giving him another year and hoping his value increases.

Then we can decide if it’s worth a trade.

Surely he can’t get lower in value than now, and another year off that contract will help as well.
Doesn't really make sense mate. If he improves even slightly we 100% won't trade him and if he declined further his value is completely tanked. It's now or never

Nah I’d still find it mind blowing
You'd be on your Pat Malone, Petracca isn't sitting under the covers at night scared of Darcy Moore because of a marking contest and Brayshaws career wasn't ended because of Maynard it was ended because he has about 10 concussions in his career
Players aren't as Petty as fans.

Totally agree with Mich0 that if Viney stays we have to trade Oliver.

Horrific list management if we take both into 2025.
We won't. In fact I bet the club would look at our contested ball numbers this year and the drop off of Oliver and loss of Gus and think we are short inside mids. Can see it a mile away.

You'd be on your Pat Malone, Petracca isn't sitting under the covers at night scared of Darcy Moore because of a marking contest and Brayshaws career wasn't ended because of Maynard it was ended because he has about 10 concussions in his career
Players aren't as Petty as fans.
Who said anything about being scared haha?

The big problem with reading Oliver is the 6 million dollars he’s owed. It could even be more with CBA increases. How much will the Dees be prepared to pay?
Considering how much noise there is around Oliver, the club should maintain their poker faces here. Let other clubs come to us with offers and go from there. The moment we show we want to toss him out we're going to be on the hook for a lot more of his salary.

Considering how much noise there is around Oliver, the club should maintain their poker faces here. Let other clubs come to us with offers and go from there. The moment we show we want to toss him out we're going to be on the hook for a lot more of his salary.
I think in a realistic world we can probably eat 500-600k of it. That's 5 years with one less 'B' grade player that will have to be filled by a kid kinda like Sydney did while they were paying buddy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We won't. In fact I bet the club would look at our contested ball numbers this year and the drop off of Oliver and loss of Gus and think we are short inside mids. Can see it a mile away.
Will Brodie, come on down

This is one of the biggest bullet dodges ever. Houston would have been awesome 2 years ago, he would be a disaster for the club now.

Lamb will find some other way to trash those picks. Probably some C grade plodder.

He will then claim our trade period as a success and be proud we are a good club to deal with after we get rorted.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back