Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:

No one gives a shit about a Noosa trip.

Only reason it may be something is if Petracca’s camp are fishing for reasons to justify leaving and scraping the barrel and suggesting there is a rift, when the real reason is that he wants an easy flag or join a bigger club to pump up his self-promotion for life after footy.

He knows we are getting **** all prime time games moving forward.

Last edited:
No one gives a shit about a Noosa trip.

Only reason it may be something is if Petracca’s camp are fishing for reasons to justify leaving and scraping the barrel and suggesting there is a rift, when the real reason is that he wants an easy flag or join a bigger club to pump up his self-promotion for life after footy.
He's spoken openly about his trauma from the KB injury and how bad the surgery was. Sounded ****ing horrific. From there was a bunch of frustrations between the club, Trac and his family, with Trac ruling himself out for the season contradicting the clubs own press release. If after all that he decides for his mental health he needs to have a holiday only to see his teammates giving him a hard time over it, I can see how that would piss him off.

I don't buy the self-promo stuff. If you're a good enough player in Victoria it doesn't really matter who you play for. His captain is Max Gawn, for gods sake. Basically the biggest media darling in the comp.

He's spoken openly about his trauma from the KB injury and how bad the surgery was. Sounded ****ing horrific. From there was a bunch of frustrations between the club, Trac and his family, with Trac ruling himself out for the season contradicting the clubs own press release. If after all that he decides for his mental health he needs to have a holiday only to see his teammates giving him a hard time over it, I can see how that would piss him off.

I don't buy the self-promo stuff. If you're a good enough player in Victoria it doesn't really matter who you play for. His captain is Max Gawn, for gods sake. Basically the biggest media darling in the comp.

No one gave him a hard time over Noosa. It’s one of the dumbest things I have heard. Someone has leaked it with an “agenda” as alluded to by Jordan Lewis.

No one gave him a hard time over Noosa. It’s one of the dumbest things I have heard. Someone has leaked it with an “agenda” as alluded to by Jordan Lewis.
It's been reported by two sources and now with the addition that 'the players understood it once it was explained to them' which sounds like it's coming from the club imo.

The agenda thing from Lewis sounded more like an inference he was making moreso than any particular knowledge on the subject.

Seems most of the Collingwood posters have enough sense to realise they have no trade capital. I’ve seen a few funny ones but even those posters know they can’t get it done.
Reality of the pies list is they have very few tradable players. And no draft pick this year. Outside of Daicos which talented players would be put up for trade in a Trac deal.

Seems most of the Collingwood posters have enough sense to realise they have no trade capital. I’ve seen a few funny ones but even those posters know they can’t get it done.
Reality of the pies list is they have very few tradable players. And no draft pick this year. Outside of Daicos which talented players would be put up for trade in a Trac deal.
Cameron, McCreery and a second rounder thanks

Yep. I mean Nathan Jones got a job in the media post footy FFS, and he played for us during an awful period.

It's been reported by two sources and now with the addition that 'the players understood it once it was explained to them' which sounds like it's coming from the club imo.

The agenda thing from Lewis sounded more like an inference he was making moreso than any particular knowledge on the subject.

Strange said no players are named by any of these sources, comes across as heresay with the lack of detail.

And if players were pissed there would be more to the story than him going to Noosa. Maybe he has been acting like a **** to the playing group for a while or some other falling out occurred and the Noosa thing added fuel to an existing flame.

Can’t for the end of me believe that a colleague going to Noosa would cause this much of an uproar.

Noting that the 2nd source you mention (Morris) was just rehashing what the first source said. So it actually wasn’t a 2nd source.

Strange said no players are named by any of these sources, comes across as heresay with the lack of detail.

And if players were pissed there would be more to the story than him going to Noosa. Maybe he has been acting like a **** to the playing group for a while or some other falling out occurred and the Noosa thing added fuel to an existing flame.

Can’t for the end of me believe that a colleague going to Noosa would cause this much of an uproar.

Noting that the 2nd source you mention (Morris) was just rehashing what the first source said. So it actually wasn’t a 2nd source.
Yes, sources tend to like remaining anonymous. Welcome to journalism.

Morris added the bit about it being explained to the players later, so yes it was a second source.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon Carlton is the only vic club that he’d be willing to go to who could put a realistic bid in, just because I can see a world where they trade a McKay type.
I can't see em trading McKay, if there was a pipe dream maybe De Koning because we love rucks and they have the other plodder they can use.

If what Morris says is true and Trac wants out, how do we land a quality player or early draft picks in return? Which clubs have what we need, and what’s the best trade scenario for us?

There are many reasons why it’s a good thing we aren’t playing finals, least of all that I want to be able to enjoy them. But it’s a good thing that in a week everyone can get away from each other, have a holiday and forget this rubbish for a bit.

If anything is going to be ironed out it will be in preseason, not now. We get back to training a bit earlier than the finals teams, have one of those goofy sessions where everyone plays golf then sits around in a circle staring fixedly into each others eyes and admitting their innermost fears 2021 style and see whether some of these rifts might be repaired.

No idea if it will work but we’re not going to know for a bit. The problem for me is that the player squabbles seem to be only one part of the problem. If we assume that Morris is half-way accurate in what he has reported, then Trac is unhappy with the direction of the club. This sounds more like an objection to the way we are playing and/or the way he is being asked to play. I mean I object to the way we play so it’s totally possible that any number of players stuck in the middle of this mess aren’t exactly content. And this is going to be hard to fix.

If what Morris says is true and Trac wants out, how do we land a quality player or early draft picks in return? Which clubs have what we need, and what’s the best trade scenario for us?
North perhaps?

Not a chance Trac wants to go anywhere but to a contender so I can’t see that happening. A deal that involved our getting Harley Reid would be something our club would contemplate if offered, but there is no way in the universe it will be offered.

I think we are basically locked into keeping Trac regardless of his current thoughts on the matter and then being super crazy nice to him for who knows how long in the hope he cheers up somewhat.

The club should take him a lasagne or something.

Hello Friends,

Sorry for the intrusion, I'm not coming in here with any wild trade ideas like Seb Ross and Tim Membrey for Trac, I'm just genuinely curious as to what is happening at your club?

The media all seem to be dancing around the major issue/issues. Everyone falls back on the 'cultural' piece but doesn't divulge any extra information. On a couple of the shows yesterday they spoke about the Oliver stuff but also insinuated that there was more to it than just his off field stuff.

Feels like one of those things where a lot of people know what is happening but it's one of those things that aren't voiced to the public until the club/individual speak on it first?

McClure said yesterday that there's issues with players thinking that Oliver gets special treatment

Someone else said players are mad that Trac went to Noosa

Some suggest Trac's being a bit precious & that if it's only about the injury, he needs to shoulder some of the blame because he still chose to go back on.

Plus on top of that you have all the Goody rumours & then all the Glen Barlett stuff (Was he correct after all of this and the premiership just covered over everything)

Again, not here to troll or suggest some real pox Big Footy style trade. Just a big footy consumer that is confused about what the hell is happening

thanks!

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Ah-Mu? Not For You ❌️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back