Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
Hello Friends,

Sorry for the intrusion, I'm not coming in here with any wild trade ideas like Seb Ross and Tim Membrey for Trac, I'm just genuinely curious as to what is happening at your club?

The media all seem to be dancing around the major issue/issues. Everyone falls back on the 'cultural' piece but doesn't divulge any extra information. On a couple of the shows yesterday they spoke about the Oliver stuff but also insinuated that there was more to it than just his off field stuff.

Feels like one of those things where a lot of people know what is happening but it's one of those things that aren't voiced to the public until the club/individual speak on it first?

McClure said yesterday that there's issues with players thinking that Oliver gets special treatment

Someone else said players are mad that Trac went to Noosa

Some suggest Trac's being a bit precious & that if it's only about the injury, he needs to shoulder some of the blame because he still chose to go back on.

Plus on top of that you have all the Goody rumours & then all the Glen Barlett stuff (Was he correct after all of this and the premiership just covered over everything)

Again, not here to troll or suggest some real pox Big Footy style trade. Just a big footy consumer that is confused about what the hell is happening

thanks!
We know as much as you.

Hello Friends,

Sorry for the intrusion, I'm not coming in here with any wild trade ideas like Seb Ross and Tim Membrey for Trac, I'm just genuinely curious as to what is happening at your club?

The media all seem to be dancing around the major issue/issues. Everyone falls back on the 'cultural' piece but doesn't divulge any extra information. On a couple of the shows yesterday they spoke about the Oliver stuff but also insinuated that there was more to it than just his off field stuff.

Feels like one of those things where a lot of people know what is happening but it's one of those things that aren't voiced to the public until the club/individual speak on it first?

McClure said yesterday that there's issues with players thinking that Oliver gets special treatment

Someone else said players are mad that Trac went to Noosa

Some suggest Trac's being a bit precious & that if it's only about the injury, he needs to shoulder some of the blame because he still chose to go back on.

Plus on top of that you have all the Goody rumours & then all the Glen Barlett stuff (Was he correct after all of this and the premiership just covered over everything)

Again, not here to troll or suggest some real pox Big Footy style trade. Just a big footy consumer that is confused about what the hell is happening

thanks!

Great question and we all agree, something nasty is up but it’s being skirted around heavily and have NFI what it actually is.

It's essentially a number of issues rolled up and now the fact it's onfield we are struggling as well.

A number of players unhappy about a section of unprofessional players (Oliver, Smith & Hunter) A number of players were not happy that Hunter was recruited even though they suggested we stay away. He has been a terrible influence on a number of players.

Olivers troubles are well stated and he has let a number of people down including Gawn.

A lot are very tense about the fallout from Joel Smith and the case he has to answer.

Losing Brayshaw who was a well respected player.

A lot of blaming different lines (Forward vs Backs) Backline very close and very vocal about midfielders not helping out team defence.

Petraccas manager letting everyone know he isn't happy rather than keeping it internal is another issue. This is another issue with current players going to managers before talking to people at the club. A lot of issues get out of hand because the club can be the last to know about any issues.

It's essentially a number of issues rolled up and now the fact it's onfield we are struggling as well.

A number of players unhappy about a section of unprofessional players (Oliver, Smith & Hunter) A number of players were not happy that Hunter was recruited even though they suggested we stay away. He has been a terrible influence on a number of players.

Olivers troubles are well stated and he has let a number of people down including Gawn.

A lot are very tense about the fallout from Joel Smith and the case he has to answer.

Losing Brayshaw who was a well respected player.

A lot of blaming different lines (Forward vs Backs) Backline very close and very vocal about midfielders not helping out team defence.

Petraccas manager letting everyone know he isn't happy rather than keeping it internal is another issue. This is another issue with current players going to managers before talking to people at the club. A lot of issues get out of hand because the club can be the last to know about any issues.
I've mentioned the Hunter thing on here several times. He had a summer just as wild as Clarry supposedly and very little has been made of it. The early season injury i was wondering if it was actually a suspension in house. Been a terrible influence on the group, and i suspect part of Clarry's downhill fall. If we keep him on the list any longer than this season, then we deserve all our star players asking to leave. Questions have to be asked of Max too. Has he handled the player culture well enough? Since the flag, I'd say no. But we will never truly know until players come out and say exactly the sh** that's been going on. Which i doubt will ever happen.

The Petracca situation is a really concerning one tbh. Possibly ANB as well. Although i suspect the family reasons is legit, I wonder if all this has just sparked that line of thinking for him. Trac though is our best player. Arguably our best since Robbie Flower, and there is signs he wants out with 5 years to go on a contract. I don't think this happens because we are playing boring football. Surely has to do with the culture at the club. Problem is i just don't think Pert is strong enough to deal with this. This could get ugly.

Hope they do go for a hippy love in type thing over the break where they all get stuff off their chest.

I have a nice picture of at least 30 people locking eyes with Goodwin and saying “Simon, you know I’ll always love you but your game plan stinks”

I've mentioned the Hunter thing on here several times. He had a summer just as wild as Clarry supposedly and very little has been made of it. The early season injury i was wondering if it was actually a suspension in house. Been a terrible influence on the group, and i suspect part of Clarry's downhill fall. If we keep him on the list any longer than this season, then we deserve all our star players asking to leave. Questions have to be asked of Max too. Has he handled the player culture well enough? Since the flag, I'd say no. But we will never truly know until players come out and say exactly the sh** that's been going on. Which i doubt will ever happen.

The Petracca situation is a really concerning one tbh. Possibly ANB as well. Although i suspect the family reasons is legit, I wonder if all this has just sparked that line of thinking for him. Trac though is our best player. Arguably our best since Robbie Flower, and there is signs he wants out with 5 years to go on a contract. I don't think this happens because we are playing boring football. Surely has to do with the culture at the club. Problem is i just don't think Pert is strong enough to deal with this. This could get ugly.

Yes it brings into another question about Max the captain. I have heard that he is seen as quite arrogant in terms of its his way or no way. It's apparently the reason Grundy wasn't played and wanted out. Him and Goodwin are super close and neither take on any kind of feedback.

Not sure how much are in those rumor's though. I think he spoke well this morning saying the players essentially aren't happy at making finals. I would be concerned if we were all happy and smiles after having a terrible season.

I think Petracca can be sorted out in a day and a sit down discussion. Day 1 of pre season he will be happy and smiling as though nothing had happened. Think this is how players are now having more and more say in the football world. Its a tough job keeping them happy for the 14 years they will be at the club.

I suspect team selections are another issue simmering away under the surface .
I think that is always an issue though. Players not being selected, not enough midfield minutes etc are an issue at every club.

I think the issue is a few players are aware of a link between Tom Morris and a currently player and this is where a lot of info comes from.

I think that is always an issue though. Players not being selected, not enough midfield minutes etc are an issue at every club.

I think the issue is a few players are aware of a link between Tom Morris and a currently player and this is where a lot of info comes from.
I was thinking more about some players being gifted games not based on form . Anyway it shits me that some media people are saying a lot while really saying not much at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne superstar Christian Petracca addressed his premiership teammates about his reported issues at the club this morning.

Petracca spoke with his teammates late morning at the club to discuss the speculation he was interested in a trade from the Demons.

The meeting was to provide clarity and understanding about what he had experienced in the wake of his life-threatening injuries in the King’s Birthday clash against Collingwood.

That included the physical and mental impact on him in the wake of suffering a ruptured spleen, four broken ribs and lacerated lung.

Melbourne has strongly denied it will consider trading him.

The Demons did not return calls.

Melbourne superstar Christian Petracca addressed his premiership teammates about his reported issues at the club this morning.

Petracca spoke with his teammates late morning at the club to discuss the speculation he was interested in a trade from the Demons.

The meeting was to provide clarity and understanding about what he had experienced in the wake of his life-threatening injuries in the King’s Birthday clash against Collingwood.

That included the physical and mental impact on him in the wake of suffering a ruptured spleen, four broken ribs and lacerated lung.

Melbourne has strongly denied it will consider trading him.

The Demons did not return calls.
Imagine putting that behind a paywall 😅

Nothing interesting there. I mean I’m sure Christian would have given an explanation to his teammates as to what inspired his comments and where he was coming from and why. I mean they would be kind of stuffed if he didn’t.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Ah-Mu? Not For You ❌️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back