List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Pick 9, and big fishes Tom Campbell and Harry Sharp in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for Pick 28 😢

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Alex Neal-Bullen (Traded to Adelaide)
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Lachie Hunter (Retired)
  • Adam Tomlinson (Delisted)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)
  • Future First (Traded to Essendon)
  • Future Third (Traded to Adelaide)
  • Picks 40, 54, 65 (Traded to Essendon)
  • Pick 49 (Traded to Brisbane)
Confirmed ins:
  • Tom Campbell (Free Agent from St Kilda)
  • Pick 9 (Traded from Essendon)
  • Harry Sharp (Traded from Brisbane)
  • Future Third (Traded from Brisbane)
On-traded:
  • Pick 28 (from Adelaide, to Essendon)
  • Pick 46 (from Adelaide, to Essendon)
  • Future Third (from Essendon, to Brisbane)

Last edited by a moderator:
I can’t see sparrow signing on more than 3 years with FA on the horizon. Unless Petty has a change of heart he’ll be pushing for a trade this year. But has another year on his contract so gives us a little more leverage. He’s one I really want to keep.
I doubt we let Petty go unless we have a ready made replacement coming in at the same time. Our willingness to trade him will depend on what other KP players are available.

I doubt we let Petty go unless we have a ready made replacement coming in at the same time. Our willingness to trade him will depend on what other KP players are available.
Yeah worst case we use him while we need him and get the first round compo when he goes. Could be a handy pick of we drop off aswell

Good signing. He still hasn't really broke out. But with Gus retiring, maybe more opportunity to show that will happen? So 2 years is fair. Glad it wasn't a long contract. Maybe we've learned something in the last year or so?

Good signing. He still hasn't really broke out. But with Gus retiring, maybe more opportunity to show that will happen? So 2 years is fair. Glad it wasn't a long contract. Maybe we've learned something in the last year or so?

Reckon it might be more that it takes him to free agency and that's when most players now go for their one big contract IMO.

Reckon it might be more that it takes him to free agency and that's when most players now go for their one big contract IMO.
Hmm, not convinced he will get a long contract based on what he's achieved so far. If he's going to hold the club for ransom when he hits free agency based on what he's done so far, then I think he'll be playing for Adelaide reserves in 2027. He's going to want to show a bit more in the next 2 years to earn a biggish contract.

Hmm, not convinced he will get a long contract based on what he's achieved so far. If he's going to hold the club for ransom when he hits free agency based on what he's done so far, then I think he'll be playing for Adelaide reserves in 2027. He's going to want to show a bit more in the next 2 years to earn a biggish contract.

Will depend on his next two years given it's the beginning of when he should hit his peak. Who knows. Was more just saying that most players these days seem to set it up so that they have that extra bargaining power of free agency before they sign their 'main' contract.

Let's remember, he's only 23, and signing a contract doesn't mean he's on superstar money.

but but did anyone see that Sparrow was on 0 disposals at quarter time last week before his best on ground performance?

Great signing.

Great signing, great to bring back a great player like you called him. Tom "The Great" Sparrow for two more years. What a great day to be a Melbourne supporter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

but but did anyone see that Sparrow was on 0 disposals at quarter time last week before his best on ground performance?

Great signing.
Sparrow was so good that he grew a beard mid-game and changed his name to Max Gawn. Incredible!

Sparrow was Bog after quarter time when people were slamming him for having 0 touches. Then has 20 and 3 goals.

He's a very important part of our future.
And Luke Jackson was BOG for five minutes in the Grand Final. Maybe he should've won the Norm Smith

Because a preseason game is the same as a flag dan :drunk:
lol we're going around in circles but I'm just saying if people are going to send screenshots of his quarter time stats and then sheepishly disappear and not post his stats at the end of the game then I will keep them accountable.

yes, it was a pre-season game, yet enough for some haters to care about his quarter time stats? but as soon as he dominates 'oh its just a pre-season game'.

lol we're going around in circles but I'm just saying if people are going to send screenshots of his quarter time stats and then sheepishly disappear and not post his stats at the end of the game then I will keep them accountable.

yes, it was a pre-season game, yet enough for some haters to care about his quarter time stats? but as soon as he dominates 'oh its just a pre-season game'.

You're strawmanning against the whole board mate. This is why everyone gets frustrated with you, you're picking fights over the stupidest stuff (Not to mention you literally said Sparrow cost us the season last year with his bad kick to Petty against North).

Sparrow was Bog after quarter time when people were slamming him for having 0 touches. Then has 20 and 3 goals.

He's a very important part of our future.

If I didn’t slam him, he would continue to be shit. That’s how it works.

Now we will win the flag with Sparrow for Brownlow.

I think the criticism of him was warranted at quarter time. I think most people were happy to admit he came good at the end of the game. Who are the posters that disappeared? If you want to make them accountable then you should name them.

If I didn’t slam him, he would continue to be s**t. That’s how it works.

Now we will win the flag with Sparrow for Brownlow
you mean continue to be good...

the guy has stood up in finals when it matters. it's like you expect every young mid to be Clarry or something. He would slot into every teams best 22. and probably half of the teams leadership group. Oh but because he doesn't have the footskills of James Strauss you don't like him.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Pick 9, and big fishes Tom Campbell and Harry Sharp in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for Pick 28 😢

Remove this Banner Ad

Back