List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Pick 9, and big fishes Tom Campbell and Harry Sharp in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for Pick 28 😢

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Alex Neal-Bullen (Traded to Adelaide)
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Lachie Hunter (Retired)
  • Adam Tomlinson (Delisted)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)
  • Future First (Traded to Essendon)
  • Future Third (Traded to Adelaide)
  • Picks 40, 54, 65 (Traded to Essendon)
  • Pick 49 (Traded to Brisbane)
Confirmed ins:
  • Tom Campbell (Free Agent from St Kilda)
  • Pick 9 (Traded from Essendon)
  • Harry Sharp (Traded from Brisbane)
  • Future Third (Traded from Brisbane)
On-traded:
  • Pick 28 (from Adelaide, to Essendon)
  • Pick 46 (from Adelaide, to Essendon)
  • Future Third (from Essendon, to Brisbane)

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's limit ourselves to just the interstate sides! Of course you have a crack. Plenty of player movement between Vic clubs. Might not be big fish that regularly move, but plenty of movement happens. We gonna have some $$ to spend as well.
Yep, it’s always a no unless you ask the question!

No interest whatsoever in English. If he stays in Victoria but goes to another club it will likely be because one club offered him far more than the rest. Stop wasting cap space on ruckman. Youre far better off targeting interstate players who want to come home at a sensible price.

No interest whatsoever in English. If he stays in Victoria but goes to another club it will likely be because one club offered him far more than the rest. Stop wasting cap space on ruckman.
He's also from WA, why the **** would he leave the dogs to play for us lol

He's also from WA, why the * would he leave the dogs to play for us lol
The only way he switches victorian clubs for the same as the Dogs offer him is if hes someone who wants to win a flag. I cant see us being in the discussion as that sort of destination club anymore. We would need to overpay the shit out of him.

The only way he switches victorian clubs for the same as the Dogs offer him is if hes someone who wants to win a flag. I cant see us being in the discussion as that sort of destination club anymore. We would need to overpay the s**t out of him.
Yeah so maybe Collingwood. Not us lol they played in the same GF we did haha.

Same people who think we should chase big Vic stars are the same people who think it's insane Trac would leave us for Collingwood or Oliver for Carlton.

Imagination heroes.

Most of those free agents listed aren’t on Trac and Oliver’s level. Need to calm down lol

Most of those free agents listed aren’t on Trac and Oliver’s level. Need to calm down lol
Doesn't really matter the level they're on though does it?
If you wanna just chase the best players then go for it, but if you wanna chase realistic players English and Zurhaar aren't realistic.

I'd absolutely hate us getting English even if he was available anyway, we'd have to pay him a million over 6 years and although he's a gun around the ground I'm sick of basing our game around a ruck.

Zurhaar would be as much chance of leaving of Jake Lever or Fritsch.
He'd also cost a small fortune that we don't have to pay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn't really matter the level they're on though does it?
If you wanna just chase the best players then go for it, but if you wanna chase realistic players English and Zurhaar aren't realistic.

I'd absolutely hate us getting English even if he was available anyway, we'd have to pay him a million over 6 years and although he's a gun around the ground I'm sick of basing our game around a ruck.

Zurhaar would be as much chance of leaving of Jake Lever or Fritsch.
He'd also cost a small fortune that we don't have to pay.
You know you can still ask right? What if Zurhaar wants to start playing finals and doesn’t want to be part of the rebuild? He is only 25 but maybe he wants finals now.
He might be happy with less coin for that experience. You don’t like changes do you?

You know you can still ask right? What if Zurhaar wants to start playing finals and doesn’t want to be part of the rebuild? He is only 25 but maybe he wants finals now.
He might be happy with less coin for that experience. You don’t like changes do you?
Tell me the last time a gun key forward switches clubs in Victoria in their prime.

The way our list is going we aren't a guarantee to play more finals series than North in the rest of Zurhaars career

18 teams in the comp. Gotta work them all. Such a minnow mentality limiting ourselves to waiting for a home sick interstate player. Percentages are low to score a player already in Vic, so why even try? If Norf or Western have poor seasons again, I can totally see a Zurhaar or JUH looking elsewhere. With some cap space we can throw our hat in the ring. Or just not bother because they already play down the road? Both those players would compliment our list perfectly. I'd be disgusted if we're not going hard on them.

With free agency, more money and player movement happening more than ever, players moving to another club down the road will happen more and more. If we see a player at Hawthorn who would be perfect for our list, I'd be filthy if we just decided not to try and get him.

Zurhaar's a handy player, but reckon we might be putting him on a bit of a pedestal here. Guy kicked 20 goals in 16 games last year, and goes at an average of 1.3 a game for his whole career.

For context, our diabolically bad forward line from last year had:
  • Fritsch: 38 from 17 games
  • Pickett: 37 from 23 games
  • JVR: 28 from 20 games
  • Petracca: 28 from 25 games
  • Chandler: 24 from 23 games
  • Melksham: 20 from 13 games

Add in McAdam who goes at 1.4 a game over his career, and Zurhaar really doesn't stand out as some guy who's going to magically transform our forward line.

Good player who would of course get a game, but think he gets a bit overvalued based on highlight plays and being seen as a 'bull'.

Zurhaar's a handy player, but reckon we might be putting him on a bit of a pedestal here. Guy kicked 20 goals in 16 games last year, and goes at an average of 1.3 a game for his whole career.

Add in McAdam who goes at 1.4 a game over his career, and Zurhaar really doesn't stand out as some guy who's going to magically transform our forward line.

Good player who would of course get a game, but think he gets a bit overvalued based on highlight plays and being seen as a 'bull'.
He's better than that you gotta give him some leniency playing for North but yeah no forward imo is worth 1.2 - 1.5 million it'd take to steal them. We just need a big strong donkey type player like McStay to take the key defender to leave Fritsch to do his best.

I think hes a bit overrated but playing in North's forward line youre going to get far less opportunities per game than our forwards have been given. Wouldnt be a massive upgrade but clearly more talented than McAdam, Chandler, Melksham, ANB and Sparrow (as a forward)

He's better than that you gotta give him some leniency playing for North but yeah no forward imo is worth 1.2 - 1.5 million it'd take to steal them. We just need a big strong donkey type player like McStay to take the key defender to leave Fritsch to do his best.

I think hes a bit overrated but playing in North's forward line youre going to get far less opportunities per game than our forwards have been given. Wouldnt be a massive upgrade but clearly more talented than McAdam, Chandler, Melksham, ANB and Sparrow (as a forward)
I agree that he'd be an upgrade over some of our lesser forwards, but yeah, not for the likely cost, especially since he's realistically a medium forward as opposed to a KPF.

He'd likely kick more goals in a better team, though it's hard to use that as too much of an excuse considering Larkey kicked 71 for the same team last year.

I agree that he'd be an upgrade over some of our lesser forwards, but yeah, not for the likely cost, especially since he's realistically a medium forward as opposed to a KPF.

He'd likely kick more goals in a better team, though it's hard to use that as too much of an excuse considering Larkey kicked 71 for the same team last year.
Larkey is a gun (would be the #1 forward on every team except maybe Carlton) who is funnelled targets, not much left to go around.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Pick 9, and big fishes Tom Campbell and Harry Sharp in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for Pick 28 😢

Remove this Banner Ad

Back