List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Pick 9, and big fishes Tom Campbell and Harry Sharp in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for Pick 28 😢

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Alex Neal-Bullen (Traded to Adelaide)
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Lachie Hunter (Retired)
  • Adam Tomlinson (Delisted)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)
  • Future First (Traded to Essendon)
  • Future Third (Traded to Adelaide)
  • Picks 40, 54, 65 (Traded to Essendon)
  • Pick 49 (Traded to Brisbane)
Confirmed ins:
  • Tom Campbell (Free Agent from St Kilda)
  • Pick 9 (Traded from Essendon)
  • Harry Sharp (Traded from Brisbane)
  • Future Third (Traded from Brisbane)
On-traded:
  • Pick 28 (from Adelaide, to Essendon)
  • Pick 46 (from Adelaide, to Essendon)
  • Future Third (from Essendon, to Brisbane)

Last edited by a moderator:
Would be fine as a 3rd or 4th mid. Behind too many better players in that regard. Probably should look for a trade but I suspect he's insurance for Oliver.
I think his, 'sparrows' best, is yet to come.

I reckon he will see his role from now, as to be in the starting mids.
A bit like AN-B. slow burner. with upside.

I think his, 'sparrows' best, is yet to come.

I reckon he will see his role from now, as to be in the starting mids.
A bit like AN-B. slow burner. with upside.
What tricks has Sparrow got though? What's gonna make him not only hold a spot in the midfield, but do well there? Maybe we haven't seen enough of him in the true mid role to know, but I haven't seen anything that stands out other than a vanilla mid who'll get 20 touches and not do much with it.

Sparrow is a good solid professional AFL role player, need plenty of those.

He looked, athletically, to have some scope as a power/endurance player but he doesn't look like he's quite got there yet.

Very happy to have him in the team as an all round player with solid skill, physicality and effort.

He really is a nothing player.

For a midfielder that's played 70 odd games, he's highest average for disposal is only 17.1 which was last year. Poor in my opinion.

Literally don't know what he actually adds to our team. Hope Woewodin or even Laurie goes past year.
I like Sparrow as a player. Hard, and has kicked some clutch goals. Probably the straightest kick of any mid. His kicking is very underrated imo. Has a good combo of speed and power. And is competitive. Sure it'd be nice to see him get more of the ball. but rotting away on the half forward line doesn't help.

I like Sparrow as a player. Hard, and has kicked some clutch goals. Probably the straightest kick of any mid. His kicking is very underrated imo. Has a good combo of speed and power. And is competitive. Sure it'd be nice to see him get more of the ball. but rotting away on the half forward line doesn't help.
Wasn't he the one who missed an easy 15m pass to Petty that resulted in Petty f*ing his foot?

Don't anyone dare say he played well in the finals of 21' because tell me a player who didn't
In 21 he was on the fringe a bit in and out of the team by the end of the season he was playing his role perfectly which helped our best players perform. He definitely stepped up in 2021 but only after they realised he adds more than JJ or Jones.

Role players has to be up there as the most overrated shit in the AFL. You can pick up delisted blokes to become role players.
Role players exist because the elite players carry the team and the other guys plus gaps. If the teams struggling those same ones become players who can't help you 'win a flag' and 'list cloggers'

Nah role players are very important otherwise the stars get exposed for not doing anything defensively. Dusty wouldn't have all those medals without Kane Lambert doing all his dirty work. Sure you can recruit them but they don't all buy in to the level required. Neal-Bullen is our best example of someone who does all the hard running and gets minimal reward on-field. 2021 Sparrow looked like more than a role player and last year he had a big chance to step up when Oliver was out but he didn't get it done. Hopefully he does early this year.

Dustin Martin is very important.
Role players aren't.

Kane Lambert barely has a career if Dustin Martin doesn't win games off his own bat.

AnB and Tom McDonald we're going to be traded when May and Lever weren't firing and Oliver and Trac were still young. Then they all became AA players and suddenly the role guys looked decent.

In terms of dynasty teams that Richmond team isn't as good as hawthorn, Geelong, Brisbane on paper. Richmond had a great brand with their stars giving them that edge.
Yeah a good role player Geelong was Max Rooke. Kane Lambert wouldn't get a game for Hawthorn, Brisbane or Geelong

Haha anyone here trade away Dustin Martin for 4 Kane Lambert's?
Didn't think so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bad news for Harrison Petty

Because we presumably won’t trade him unless we have a replacement.
I guess, it's hard to say. if we crash and burn this season, we won't be in the premiership window to really justify holding onto Petty against his will so would be better off to trade him whilst he's in contract. Otherwise we'll get nothing for him the following year.

I guess, it's hard to say. if we crash and burn this season, we won't be in the premiership window to really justify holding onto Petty against his will so would be better off to trade him whilst he's in contract. Otherwise we'll get nothing for him the following year.

I don’t expect us to crash and burn though, I have us bottom half of the 8. I agree if the year goes to shit we just trade him.

If Crows continue to lowball us whilst offering Petty a massive contract it would be dumb not to hold him until FA, especially if we are on the slide.

If Crows continue to lowball us whilst offering Petty a massive contract it would be dumb not to hold him until FA, especially if we are on the slide.
They can only offer what they can offer. At this stage Petty will only be worth a late first if he has an injury riddled season. If he has a good season, we'd be pushing for 2 late firsts.

They can only offer what they can offer. At this stage Petty will only be worth a late first if he has an injury riddled season. If he has a good season, we'd be pushing for 2 late firsts.
That's their problem not ours. If they continue to offer him crazy money like last year we can get more for him as a free agent is my point. If we slide this year we'd be stupid to let him go for unders.

Last edited:
That's their problem not ours. If they continue to offer him crazy money like last year we can get more for him as a free agent is my point. If we slide this year we'd be stupid to let him go for unders.
same thing happened with Luke Jackson. we wanted a top 5 pick, top 10 pick but had to settle for picks in the teens. the problem is ours, not Adelaide's.

And at the trade table Lamb has shown to be pretty weak the last couple of years. Sold Jordon for cheap, paid overs for McAdam, didn't get enough for Jackson.

same thing happened with Luke Jackson. we wanted a top 5 pick, top 10 pick but had to settle for picks in the teens. the problem is ours, not Adelaide's.

And at the trade table Lamb has shown to be pretty weak the last couple of years.
What?? That's why you would wait for free agency. How are you not following this?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Pick 9, and big fishes Tom Campbell and Harry Sharp in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for Pick 28 😢

Remove this Banner Ad

Back