List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Pick 9, and big fishes Tom Campbell and Harry Sharp in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for Pick 28 😢

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Alex Neal-Bullen (Traded to Adelaide)
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Lachie Hunter (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)
  • Future First (Traded to Essendon)
  • Future Third (Traded to Adelaide)
  • Picks 40, 54, 65 (Traded to Essendon)
  • Pick 49 (Traded to Brisbane)
Confirmed ins:
  • Tom Campbell (Free Agent from St Kilda)
  • Pick 9 (Traded from Essendon)
  • Harry Sharp (Traded from Brisbane)
  • Future Third (Traded from Brisbane)
On-traded:
  • Pick 28 (from Adelaide, to Essendon)
  • Pick 46 (from Adelaide, to Essendon)
  • Future Third (from Essendon, to Brisbane)

Last edited:
If Richmond get pick 2, I would be inclined to split pick 5.
I wouldn't. We're guaranteed access to one of Smith/Draper/FOS/Lalor/Langford, don't want to pass that up considering the state of our midfield.

What I'm struggling to understand is why the CFL hasn't stepped in and prevented Richmond from completing these trades?
I heard the Richmond officials are still being told to stand as we speak whilst everybody else is off getting coffee and negotiating deals. Horrible scenes.

If tigers are deadset on trying 6&10 to get North's 2 for Jagga then we should try trading 5 to tigers for 6 and 18 or one of the 20ish picks. Cheaper for them.

Then trade potentially trade 6 back further for more.

Or maybe trade 5 to tigers for 10&11...

Yze is in a great spot now. This season was a total write off and he's been given all the tools to build his team his way in a single off-season. Eagles have been pissing around for three years and haven't gotten this many good picks to work with.
I don't agree, losing all your senior players for kids almost never goes well. They've lost all leadership at the top of the club and have a rookie coach.

I don't agree, losing all your senior players for kids almost never goes well. They've lost all leadership at the top of the club and have a rookie coach.
Think they'll be okay. They've still got older guys to protect the kids like Vlastuin, Taranto, Hopper, Lynch, Balta and Nankervis. Draft a few kids with leadership qualities, play a defensive brand for a bit to keep themselves in games. Think they'll be similar to early GWS days but there's enough there that they shouldn't be stuck in a death spiral.

Saints offering Blues a future second round pick for Kemp wish we had another second round pick and offer ours they might take it I wanted him in his draft year even though was coming off a knee reco.

Think they'll be okay. They've still got older guys to protect the kids like Vlastuin, Taranto, Hopper, Lynch, Balta and Nankervis. Draft a few kids with leadership qualities, play a defensive brand for a bit to keep themselves in games. Think they'll be similar to early GWS days but there's enough there that they shouldn't be stuck in a death spiral.
Lynch doesn't play. I think that looks extremely grim. The worry isn't how bad they'll be, the worry is that all those draftees walk into the team and most of them don't develop as they should because there's no competition

Lynch doesn't play. I think that looks extremely grim. The worry isn't how bad they'll be, the worry is that all those draftees walk into the team and most of them don't develop as they should because there's no competition
Lynch is more there for what he provides at training than on field for mine. You might be right but Giants faced the same dilemma and came out okay, but yes they could absolutely stuff it up, nothing is certain. I think having all the kids come in at once in an even draft is good in a way as it means none of them will be wearing the weight of the club on their shoulders.

I'd much rather be in Yze's position than McQualter's.

Lynch is more there for what he provides at training than on field for mine. You might be right but Giants faced the same dilemma and came out okay, but yes they could absolutely stuff it up, nothing is certain. I think having all the kids come in at once in an even draft is good in a way as it means none of them will be wearing the weight of the club on their shoulders.

I'd much rather be in Yze's position than McQualter's.
Think it would be alot better if they still had the back room they had 2 years ago. It could work, never seen an established club do something like this it's like some footy fanatic shit id do when I was 14

Agree, lost 3 of the top 5 in their BnF including the winner.

Think it would be alot better if they still had the back room they had 2 years ago. It could work, never seen an established club do something like this it's like some footy fanatic shit id do when I was 14
Highly unlikely but a part of me would love to see Richmond make the 8 before the Gold Coast and stick it up Hardwick for the way he left.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they draft the right players yes. Otherwise they will end up like North Melbourne or us during the Neeld years.

If they draft the right players yes. Otherwise they will end up like North Melbourne or us during the Neeld years.
That's a given though. If they stuff everything up they will suck. If they get it right they will be good.

Point is they now have the tools to make their own fate.

That's a given though. If they stuff everything up they will suck. If they get it right they will be good.

Point is they now have the tools to make their own fate.

Their draft hand is something else.

If they nail there picks it could be ugly for the rest of us in 3-5 years.

1729046648993.png

Have we seen enough of Taj Hotton? (compared to Sheezal)

I like the vision of Lindsay whose a Josh Kelly type or Berry who is a Dylan Moore type best.
You would take Lindsay ahead of Reid. Who would you rather? Josh Kelly type or Gryan Miers type?
Armstrong is very different to Jefferson, most reports are he is almost ready to go at AFL level, big unit who launches at the ball like Naughton.

Berry is Dylan Moore like which is exactly what we need inside 50. Especially with Pickett always suspended or up in the midfield.
Just realised where you're getting all your player comps from :sweatsmile:

1729042921341.png

1729042949335.png

1729042983766.png

1729043017279.png
1729043069163.png

Come on Mich0, if you're going to be our list manager, I'm gonna need you to display more criticial thinking than just following one article from one of the least reputable draft sources. Lift

Their draft hand is something else.

If they nail there picks it could be ugly for the rest of us in 3-5 years.

View attachment 2143841
That comparison is completely useless. Those clubs didn't build shit off one draft they did it in multiple drafts.

It's not about drafting the right players that's stupid, they have like half of the first round. It's about developing them properly
It's both.

Nah you can't bloody get it wrong with that many picks in an even draft. It's development.
Same exact way all our pics failed ~ 2010 cause we had a shit system, an how now most of them land.
That's fair in cases like this. I think the other thing is it's not only about having senior players there but who those senior players are. After our old blokes retired and we pushed out guys like James McDonald, Cameron Bruce, the senior players we were left with were party boys like Sylvia, Moloney, Green and Dunn. Jones was there but needed to have the leadership role thrust upon him before he stepped up.

I think Richmond are still fairly well stocked in that regard. Probably the added benefit of rebuilding after a dynasty as opposed to a failed era like us then or North now.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Pick 9, and big fishes Tom Campbell and Harry Sharp in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for Pick 28 😢

Remove this Banner Ad

Back