List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Pick 9, and big fishes Tom Campbell and Harry Sharp in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for Pick 28 😢

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Alex Neal-Bullen (Traded to Adelaide)
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Lachie Hunter (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)
  • Future First (Traded to Essendon)
  • Future Third (Traded to Adelaide)
  • Picks 40, 54, 65 (Traded to Essendon)
  • Pick 49 (Traded to Brisbane)
Confirmed ins:
  • Tom Campbell (Free Agent from St Kilda)
  • Pick 9 (Traded from Essendon)
  • Harry Sharp (Traded from Brisbane)
  • Future Third (Traded from Brisbane)
On-traded:
  • Pick 28 (from Adelaide, to Essendon)
  • Pick 46 (from Adelaide, to Essendon)
  • Future Third (from Essendon, to Brisbane)

Last edited:
Deliberately haven't paid any attention to this trade period, but have we ever in recent memory had a trade period so lacklustre that Tom Campbell is our biggest in?
201cm is pretty big, to be fair.

Deliberately haven't paid any attention to this trade period, but have we ever in recent memory had a trade period so lacklustre that Tom Campbell is our biggest in?
You're forgetting that we also embarrassed ourselves multiple times.

So no Derk
200.gif
Maybe next year, I think his contract will be up.

AFL must be happy Luke Power held firm on everything as there exciting deadline televised event would genuinely have **** all to discuss if he hadn’t,

Hopefully we're not desperate for a bloke who's never been able to crack into the seniors next year.
But we do need youth or players in the 23-27y/o sweet-spot.
I merely am more disappointed that Jason Mcartney didn't acquiesce and allowed him to come to us, that's all. Dude's been on their list for 2 1/2 years, not 1 senior game, and Jmac is holding on to him with a vice-like grip.

Anyway, I don't know who would be like him on our list, maybe Kentfield as a relief Ruck. I do not want to see JVR or Petty there next year. And I would think that's why Derka would've been ideal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But we do need youth or players in the 23-27y/o sweet-spot.
I merely am more disappointed that Jason Mcartney didn't acquiesce and allowed him to come to us, that's all. Dude's been on their list for 2 1/2 years, not 1 senior game, and Jmac is holding on to him with a vice-like grip.

Anyway, I don't know who would be like him on our list, maybe Kentfield as a relief Ruck. I do not want to see JVR or Petty there next year. And I would think that's why Derka would've been ideal.
I would have liked to pick him up but essentially he's just another key forward who hasn't done anything that we were hoping to get for a bargain. If we're still after him next year it means no one on our own list has stepped up to play that role.

I would have liked to pick him up but essentially he's just another key forward who hasn't done anything that we were hoping to get for a bargain. If we're still after him next year it means no one on our own list has stepped up to play that role.
So its a wake-up call then

wouldn't it be great if the Cats came and offered us 17 + F1st for Oliver right before deadline because the Smith deal has fallen through

Oh Yeah GIF by Leroy Patterson
Don't threaten me with a good time.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Pick 9, and big fishes Tom Campbell and Harry Sharp in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for Pick 28 😢

Remove this Banner Ad

Back