List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Pick 9, and big fishes Tom Campbell and Harry Sharp in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for Pick 28 😢

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Alex Neal-Bullen (Traded to Adelaide)
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Lachie Hunter (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)
  • Future First (Traded to Essendon)
  • Future Third (Traded to Adelaide)
  • Picks 40, 54, 65 (Traded to Essendon)
  • Pick 49 (Traded to Brisbane)
Confirmed ins:
  • Tom Campbell (Free Agent from St Kilda)
  • Pick 9 (Traded from Essendon)
  • Harry Sharp (Traded from Brisbane)
  • Future Third (Traded from Brisbane)
On-traded:
  • Pick 28 (from Adelaide, to Essendon)
  • Pick 46 (from Adelaide, to Essendon)
  • Future Third (from Essendon, to Brisbane)

Last edited:

North giving up #25 for Caleb Daniel 😅

So we really didn't trade Oliver. What a special place.
Once Green put it to bed at the B&F it was done. No way the club was going to entertain any trade after that. lol at Mclure and others trying to keep the flame alive. Reality is, there's been a lot of huff and puff in the media about the club, but ultimately, there was no mass walk out, the pres fell on her sword, and a bs review is being done. If you listened to the media grubs, there was going to be a mass implosion. Not saying the place is running smoothly, far from it, but things are never going as well as they seem, or as bad as they seem. The media wanted blood, and they didn't get it. Maybe after the review Pert might be asked to leave, but outside of that, business as usual.

So we lose ANB from our best 22 and bring in a couple of duds that can't get a kick. I hope Campbell and Sharp have fun running around Casey with Laurie!

Another Tim Lamb masterclass!
We got a back up ruck for just in case.
We got a young bloke who could be best 22 out worst wing depth for a bag of chips.
We upgraded to pick 9. Along with pick 5 we may have 2 ready made best 22 players there is we pick right.

We didn't pick up old has beens or 27 year olds and use up all our good picks on them.

I think we did pretty good.

Fox footy in the trade room saying Tim Lamb working hard right now with 7mins to go (suggesting it's Oliver based)
Get Out Theatre GIF by Tony Awards

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fox footy in the trade room saying Tim Lamb working hard right now with 7mins to go (suggesting it's Oliver based)

Edit: aaaand, he was working for nothing
Maybe he was working on a really difficult Sudoku.

So we lose ANB from our best 22 and bring in a couple of duds that can't get a kick. I hope Campbell and Sharp have fun running around Casey with Laurie!

Another Tim Lamb masterclass!
Did his usual trade out a F1 thing, and little else really. I liked the back up ruck move. Not a huge get by any stretch, but what we should have done instead of Grundy 2 seasons ago. Sharp is ok. Couldn't land Derk, traded away ANB for a pretty good price. Meh overall.

What a wasted trade period for a team placed 14th
  • Lost a runner, gained a runner that’s not as good.
  • Lost a first rounder, gained a first rounder that’s likely not as good.
Lost a **** tonne of other picks in the process as well. Basically no net gain.

Still got Oliver, Viney and Trac at our 2025 centre bounce, too scared to make any big moves or take risks and happy with the status quo.

Struggling to see how we won’t be bottom 4 in 2025.

Last edited:
Geelong did really well getting Smith for a single first and a slight pick downgrade.

I really don't get why the Dogs pushed Macrae out just to bring in Kennedy.

Kennedy is younger and on half the coin.

We could’ve done the same with Oliver but didn’t because we love him.

Isn't Pert on the panel conducting the review?

I mean, I know that he is a ****** but I don't think he is dumb enough to recommend his own sacking.
Wouldn't surprise me at all if he's already lined his next job up.

What a wasted trade period for a team placed 14th

• Lost a runner, gained a runner that’s not as good.
  • Lost a first rounder, gained a first rounder that’s likely not as good.

Lost a **** tonne of other picks in the process as well. Basically no net gain.

Still got Oliver, Viney and Trac at our 2025 centre bounce, too scared to make any big moves or take risks and happy with the status quo.

Struggling to see how we won’t be bottom 4 in 2025.

Screenshot_20241016_201606_Chrome.jpg

Bro you change tune more then a chick changes a tampon.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241016_201447_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20241016_201447_Chrome.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 10
Agree with others who label our trade period meh.

Disappointed we didn't land Derk but who knows if he's any good or not.

Reckon we gave up slightly too much for pick 9 but that still be worth it if we draft well and don't do anything silly like trading one or both to move up the order.

I'm super pumped we didn't go all-in on experienced players though. We need to stockpile some talent cos our list is pretty average.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Pick 9, and big fishes Tom Campbell and Harry Sharp in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for Pick 28 😢

Remove this Banner Ad

Back