List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Pick 9, and big fishes Tom Campbell and Harry Sharp in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for Pick 28 😢

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Alex Neal-Bullen (Traded to Adelaide)
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Lachie Hunter (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)
  • Future First (Traded to Essendon)
  • Future Third (Traded to Adelaide)
  • Picks 40, 54, 65 (Traded to Essendon)
  • Pick 49 (Traded to Brisbane)
Confirmed ins:
  • Tom Campbell (Free Agent from St Kilda)
  • Pick 9 (Traded from Essendon)
  • Harry Sharp (Traded from Brisbane)
  • Future Third (Traded from Brisbane)
On-traded:
  • Pick 28 (from Adelaide, to Essendon)
  • Pick 46 (from Adelaide, to Essendon)
  • Future Third (from Essendon, to Brisbane)

Last edited:

He's still under contract?
Just looked it up he's ooc. Maybe he still gets picked up as a DFA.

It begs the question, how do we fill all our list spots with likely only two picks in the national draft?

Agree with others who label our trade period meh.

Disappointed we didn't land Derk but who knows if he's any good or not.

Reckon we gave up slightly too much for pick 9 but that still be worth it if we draft well and don't do anything silly like trading one or both to move up the order.

I'm super pumped we didn't go all-in on experienced players though. We need to stockpile some talent cos our list is pretty average.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yeah, the trade period could have been worse if we went all in on a senior player like Houston. But it feels like most teams improved their list rather nicely, while we went slightly backwards yet again by losing ANB and not attracting anyone who will improve us. The extra 1st round pick is nice, but is very risky still. Another very underwhelming trade period with Lamb at the helm.

Just looked it up he's ooc. Maybe he still gets picked up as a DFA.

It begs the question, how do we fill all our list spots with likely only two picks in the national draft?
We can still trade picks. There will be plenty of clubs wanting late picks in next year's with all the academy and f/s kids coming through.

Yeah, the trade period could have been worse if we went all in on a senior player like Houston. But it feels like most teams improved their list rather nicely, while we went slightly backwards yet again by losing ANB and not attracting anyone who will improve us. The extra 1st round pick is nice, but is very risky still. Another very underwhelming trade period with Lamb at the helm.
Hopefully we get someone more competent next year. Lamb is fairly meh,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We can still trade picks. There will be plenty of clubs wanting late picks in next year's with all the academy and f/s kids coming through.
Not sure about the rules but we've traded a lot of picks away including futures. Not sure we have much left. Anyway, surely we knew when we made that deal with Essendon that we only wanted to draft a couple of players.

Crows got ANB, Cummings and Peatling, Geelong got Smith, Hawks got Battle and Barrass, North got Daniel and Parker, Collingwood got Perryman and Houston, GC got Rioli and Noble and Richmond got 20 first rounders.

We got 1 first rounder by throwing away every possible pick we could and called it a day. Textbook Lamb.

While pick 9 is good, when you look at trade period in its entirety we have further dropped behind the pack for a 4th year in a row.

Crows got ANB, Cummings and Peatling, Geelong got Smith, Hawks got Battle and Barrass, North got Daniel and Parker, Collingwood got Perryman and Houston, GC got Rioli and Noble and Richmond got 20 first rounders.

We got 1 first rounder by throwing away every possible pick we could and called it a day. Textbook Lamb.
I would have left GC out of that list if you wanted to make us look shit.

I would have left GC out of that list if you wanted to make us look shit.

How so? They achieved what they wanted. Brought in experienced players, cleared a ****load of cap, 3 first rounders in 2025 and points for Lombard.

Much better than us who just replaced a runner, swapped a first rounder and did **** all else.

How so? They achieved what they wanted. Brought in experienced players, cleared a ****load of cap, 3 first rounders in 2025 and points for Lombard.

Much better than us who just replaced a runner, swapped a first rounder and did **** all else.
Gold Coasts cap is always a mess because they constantly have to overpay their players to stay. They're doing the same shit with Mac Andrew. They'll probably end up tossing those first rounders away for a packet of chips next year anyway and sell some more players for cheap because no one wants to stay there.

They did well out of the Port deal, I guess but undid all that with the Rioli deal.

While pick 9 is good, when you look at trade period in its entirety we have further dropped behind the pack for a 4th year in a row.

If we draft two guns well be ok.

Need our senior core to be injury free and some mid tier players (and Clarry) to be more consistent along with the coaching group and step it up.

Really hope Jefferson can show something otherwise that will present a problem.

Peatling was the one I'm really bitter about. Didn't cost much and I reckon he's jet.

Yep, Adelaide probably did the best out of the trade period after Richmond. Very similar to Hawks last year.

A big lesson is to engage with the Suns for some sort of trade each year. They don't value high draft picks like all other clubs.

Whats crazy is last year they managed to get massive deals trading their top picks back when they had all their academy kids coming in then completely forgot to do the same thing this year.

Gold Coasts cap is always a mess because they constantly have to overpay their players to stay. They're doing the same shit with Mac Andrew. They'll probably end up tossing those first rounders away for a packet of chips next year anyway and sell some more players for cheap because no one wants to stay there.

They did well out of the Port deal, I guess but undid all that with the Rioli deal.

Easy to pay them out but they have moved there list forward more than we have this trade period. What did we actually achieve?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Pick 9, and big fishes Tom Campbell and Harry Sharp in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for Pick 28 😢

Remove this Banner Ad

Back