List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Pick 9, and big fishes Tom Campbell and Harry Sharp in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for Pick 28 😢

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Alex Neal-Bullen (Traded to Adelaide)
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Lachie Hunter (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)
  • Future First (Traded to Essendon)
  • Future Third (Traded to Adelaide)
  • Picks 40, 54, 65 (Traded to Essendon)
  • Pick 49 (Traded to Brisbane)
Confirmed ins:
  • Tom Campbell (Free Agent from St Kilda)
  • Pick 9 (Traded from Essendon)
  • Harry Sharp (Traded from Brisbane)
  • Future Third (Traded from Brisbane)
On-traded:
  • Pick 28 (from Adelaide, to Essendon)
  • Pick 46 (from Adelaide, to Essendon)
  • Future Third (from Essendon, to Brisbane)

Last edited:

I'm not sure how people can complain about the trade period. We didn't get any decent trades done, who cares? I think the main concern for supporters should be getting the house in order first. Club needs focus on weeding out the problems within. I'm not sure what that is but clearly it's been going on for some time and evidently we finished 14th this year and two years of straight sets beforehand. Personally I think Tom Cambell is a great recruit, he feels a need and he seems the perfect sort of person you want at the club. He has his house in order and seems a complete professional. Better him at the club then some young player that can't get his shit together.

Keeping Oliver was a stupid gamble.
I don't even care if he comes good now the damage is done. **** him. Took a big shot on the club And it's supporters for 2 years. Could give a **** if he wins another best and fairest while we're stuck in mid table

The two best picks in any draft are pick 1 and the pick immediately after the Saints first pick.

Last time the Saints had picks 7 & 8 this happened:

View attachment 2145235

Congrats on your guaranteed future gun at pick 9!
Lol now look at what happens when they have pick 1, 2013 I think it was

Whinging about this year's trade period lol.

Exactly what were people expecting when you have a very poor year? It was always evident that we were never going to attract any big name recruits.

Improved our draft hand and potential about to add two high quality end talent in one of the strongest drafts we've seen in years. Pretty much exact expectation I had going into this year's trade period.

Personally would have loved Peatling but then did 7 other clubs that were chasing him hard.

In regards to draft picks, regardless if you still have spots available you can still use late picks that are in the 80's and 90's etc. They obviously get pushed up further into the draft as more clubs start to pass.

On Noah Yze, it'd a big pass for me. Seen s couple of his Oakleigh Chargers game this year and it's a big no from me. If his last name wasn't Yze we wouldn't even be having this discussion. Bit to me he's simply not up to standard.

On the other hand I'm definitely in favour for Ricky Mantha and Riak Andrew. Both raw kids with some pretty high end potential with their speed and athletic profile. Andrew especially really hit some form in thr back end of the year especially when he completely shut down top prospect Harry Armstrong when they played each other in the preliminary final. Armstrong was pretty piss poor and lazy and Andrew wore him like a glove.
Agree with all this.

Our '3rd pick' if we want to use it will drop to low 70's as list spots are tight and once all the later picks get chewed/rolled up by f/s and academy bids it will come in to somewhere in the late 50's to early 60's.

In fact I'm pretty sure it will end up lower then pick 65 that we traded away. Just shows how much of a rort the pick points system is and why they are changing it for next year (still a rort, just less of one).

I don't even care if he comes good now the damage is done. ** him. Took a big shot on the club And it's supporters for 2 years. Could give a ** if he wins another best and fairest while we're stuck in mid table
That's the real trap here. If he comes good a bit, they'll never trade him and we'll be extending the pain the next time he has a life setback and falls into the shit again.

He'll be at the club unless he has another full season of distracting everything and in that case we'll be using picks to get rid of him while subsidising his wage by a few mil for the new team.

Ok then

Amongst the DFA list are

Lachlan Gollant
Will Hamill
Ned McHenry
Patrick Parnell

Kalin Lane
James Madden
Carter Michael

Aiden Begg

Tex Wanganeen

Ethan Hughes
Sebit Kuek
Ethan Stanley
Conrad Williams

Phoenix Foster
Mitch Hardie
Emerson Jeka
Oscar Murdoch
Gary Rohan
James Willis

Sandy Brock
Oskar Faulkhead
Hewago Oea

Cooper Hamilton

Cooper Stephens
Clay Tucker

Bigoa Nyuon
Tyler Sellers
Curtis Taylor

Tom McCallum

James Van Es

Harry Arnold
Jaiden Magor
Cooper Vickery

Zane Trew

Kelsey Rypstra.
I wouldn't waste too much time on this yet, there are a bunch more players likely to be added as teams make further cuts to their lists for the draft.

I had been keen on Konstanty or Owies as small forwards but they got traded as teams were starting to sniff around them as DFA's.

I would probably be keen on having some train on players, looking at some mature age players in state leagues. Need another small fwd and a key defender most likely.

Otherwise, some early ideas/thoughts:

Curtis Taylor might be worth a look.

Charlie Clark was rumoured to be cut by bulldogs but after losing 3 onball/runners and not being able to land O'Halloran I think they will probably offer him a contract (pick 24 in 2022, small forward).

Jai Culley (wce) might be cut and worth a look.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now trade period is done can he reflect on how poor a decision it was to extend Jack Viney. We should have told him to explore the north Melbourne interest. Seeing what they overpaid for Caleb Daniel we could have easily got another pick in or more.
His best footy is way behind him and now and he is clogging our midfield for 4 more years (most likely at Casey after 2 years )

Whinging about this year's trade period lol.

Exactly what were people expecting when you have a very poor year? It was always evident that we were never going to attract any big name recruits.

Improved our draft hand and potential about to add two high quality end talent in one of the strongest drafts we've seen in years. Pretty much exact expectation I had going into this year's trade period.

Personally would have loved Peatling but then did 7 other clubs that were chasing him hard.

In regards to draft picks, regardless if you still have spots available you can still use late picks that are in the 80's and 90's etc. They obviously get pushed up further into the draft as more clubs start to pass.

On Noah Yze, it'd a big pass for me. Seen s couple of his Oakleigh Chargers game this year and it's a big no from me. If his last name wasn't Yze we wouldn't even be having this discussion. Bit to me he's simply not up to standard.

On the other hand I'm definitely in favour for Ricky Mantha and Riak Andrew. Both raw kids with some pretty high end potential with their speed and athletic profile. Andrew especially really hit some form in thr back end of the year especially when he completely shut down top prospect Harry Armstrong when they played each other in the preliminary final. Armstrong was pretty piss poor and lazy and Andrew wore him like a glove.

If we arnt going to attract players who will help us get from 14th to a flag then what are we doing? We may as well sell blokes like Oliver and bring in more young talent. People are kidding themselves if they think a pick 5/9 will have a tangible difference in moving us up the ladder next year.

We are going down the St Kilda path of ending up in no mans land / middle table for a decade with this strategy.

Now trade period is done can he reflect on how poor a decision it was to extend Jack Viney. We should have told him to explore the north Melbourne interest. Seeing what they overpaid for Caleb Daniel we could have easily got another pick in or more.
His best footy is way behind him and now and he is clogging our midfield for 4 more years (most likely at Casey after 2 years )
Extending him for one extra year would have been fine. Extending him for three was an absurdly bad call.

We all know why we extended/caved to him and his manager, nothing but a feel good story for the nuffs to get excited about with the club in crisis. All the nuffs on demonland fell for it re: "But I thought everyone wants to leave???"

Good to see Soup get a good backup position behind Gawn. Not at Gawn’s level (who is) but at least he can tap the thing.

Surprised that Oliver didn’t end up elsewhere. Petracca didn’t get to the Blues either but that was less of a shock.

Dees heading for no man’s land at Warp Speed. Richmond hit the hard reset and we will see IF it pays off.

It will be good to be with the Dogs again.

giphy.gif

If we arnt going to attract players who will help us get from 14th to a flag then what are we doing? We may as well sell blokes like Oliver and bring in more young talent. People are kidding themselves if they think a pick 5/9 will have a tangible difference in moving us up the ladder next year.

We are going down the St Kilda path of ending up in no mans land / middle table for a decade with this strategy.
I wanted Oliver gone more then the next bloke, but clearly it was evident early when our own nuffy president shuts the door on that in such a big public space such as the BnF.

Geelong were offering up a future first round pick.. What use is that going to be this year if you're saying that picking more kids won't make much of difference next year? No other club came knocking with better offers by the sounds of it especially when there were reports we were still shopping him in the background.

Bar hoping that we would be trading Oliver, our trade period went exactly how I pictured it would go with the pick swaps and getting a one or two players in.

I wanted Oliver gone more then the next bloke, but clearly it was evident early when our own nuffy president shuts the door on that in such a big public space such as the BnF.

Geelong were offering up a future first round pick.. What use is that going to be this year if you're saying that picking more kids won't make much of difference next year? No other club came knocking with better offers by the sounds of it especially when there were reports we were still shopping him in the background.

Bar hoping that we would be trading Oliver, our trade period went exactly how I pictured it would go with the pick swaps and getting a one or two players in.

Future 1st can be used to trade back in if any players slide.

Picking kids short term won’t help but it will long term. Holding blokes like Oliver, Viney, Sparrow ect won’t help either.

Also it would open up a best 22 spot to get games into someone else and clear some cap space, hopefully so we can focus on free agents in 2-3 years when Tas comes in and the draft is cooked by them.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Pick 9, and big fishes Tom Campbell and Harry Sharp in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for Pick 28 😢

Remove this Banner Ad

Back