List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Pick 9 & big fish Tom Campbell in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for Pick 28 😢

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Alex Neal-Bullen (Traded to Adelaide)
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Lachie Hunter (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)
  • Future First (Traded to Essendon)
  • Future Third (Traded to Adelaide)
  • Picks 40, 54, 65 (Traded to Essendon)
Confirmed ins:
  • Tom Campbell (Free Agent from St Kilda)
  • Pick 9 (Traded from Essendon)
  • Future Third (Traded from Essendon)
On-traded:
  • Pick 28 (from Adelaide, to Essendon)
  • Pick 46 (from Adelaide, to Essendon)

Last edited:
I am guessing we are leaving room for potential delisted free agents?

Having the 2 draft picks and Harry Sharp surely doesn't put our list spots at full capacity?
Pick 9! Well done Lamb and Taylor. Absolute legends of the game. If only our board and coaches were as pro as these gents.

With pick 5 I'm hoping we take a gun mid (draper Finn Jagga lalor Langford Smillie etc.. whoever is left).

Then maybe a Travaglia at 9 would round it out. I don't want to invest in another young key forward - back in what we have there to come through.

One question I have is, how many picks are we likely to use this year?? I was hearing we will only use 3 picks at national draft, is that correct ?
I think only two picks to be used in the draft as pick 49 will go to Sharp.

I wonder if this is prep for next year, if we think he's gone next year then it makes sense to trade out cause we can get something back next year.
Yeah I've been thinking this too. We load up on high draft picks now and see if we can turn things around. If we make finals it's paid off, if we crash and burn we do a Richmond, trade Trac and Oliver and we've already got a decent start on our rebuild anyway.

I would say we must be after Armstrong with 9 which is probably why we cooled on Derkson.

Not sure Armstrong makes it to pick 9. Richmond would need another key forward as part of there rebuild. Can see them taking him with the Rioli pick.

North may also pull trigger at 2 for him.

Or St Kilda at 8

How many list spots do we have 6?
Dunno if Mcvee is a rookie still and gets an upgrade
Already gone: Brayshaw, Brown, Hunter, Schache, ANB, Kyah Farris-White (rookie)
Will be gone: Smith, Tomlinson

In: 5, 9, Tom Campbell
Will be in: Sharp

So likely two three more spots to fill.

Last edited:
Already gone: Brayshaw, Brown, Hunter, Schache, ANB, Kyah Farris-White (rookie)
Will be gone: Smith

In: 5, 9, Tom Campbell
Will be in: Sharp

So likely two more spots to fill.
Spose we can leave a spot for the mid season draft aswell

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spose we can leave a spot for the mid season draft aswell
I think there is going to be a lot of last minute trades done with fringe players. Actually pretty weird how quiet trade period has been on that front. There are a bunch of players who have been reported to be looking around but haven't found a home yet. Wonder if Owies isn't the only one asking for more than he should be.

That's what I mean though, his price gets lower each year.
The real concern for Trac will be finding a club willing to take on his salary after we've already gotten his best years out of the contract.

I would do Trac for Carlton’s picks 12 and 14 right now to be honest.

Would even pickup some cash of his contract for first year or 2 to help give then some time to get there cap into order

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Pick 9 & big fish Tom Campbell in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for Pick 28 😢

Remove this Banner Ad

Back