List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Pick 9 & big fish Tom Campbell in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for Pick 28 😢

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Alex Neal-Bullen (Traded to Adelaide)
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Lachie Hunter (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)
  • Future First (Traded to Essendon)
  • Future Third (Traded to Adelaide)
  • Picks 40, 54, 65 (Traded to Essendon)
Confirmed ins:
  • Tom Campbell (Free Agent from St Kilda)
  • Pick 9 (Traded from Essendon)
  • Future Third (Traded from Essendon)
On-traded:
  • Pick 28 (from Adelaide, to Essendon)
  • Pick 46 (from Adelaide, to Essendon)

Last edited:
How can you melt like that when you don’t even follow the draft and therefore have no understanding of the future players we’re effectively trading and the bonus of getting what could very likely be a better player, and a year earlier 😂
**** me, this is legit funny. Good on you mate. :gradcap:

Quite proud my beloved Melbourne Demons for playing a small part in shafting Port Adelaide, as Danny Houston would have commanded a real nice HAUL if we weren't such a ****ing rabble we scared him off.

That said, annoying he's going to the Pies.

How the hell did we manage to get May and Lever when hadn't won a flag for 50 years, then within a couple of years of a nice juicy premiership the best we can muster up at the trade table are MacAdams, Harrison Sharp, I never even heard of these campaigners.

Topkent's brother mickent drinking the club koolaid.

What Theseventhhamster is saying is sound, decent chance all these drongos aren't here when next offseason rolls around and the club will want to go in a completely different direction than Mr. Contest & Defense.

If you had a private competent owner of this club like in US sports there is no way he'd allow this to happen. campaigners would be out the door, not being allowed to spend future assets as they please with the state they have the club in.

Anyway, whatever. It could be worse still, we could have traded two firsts for Houston, at least it's some kids.

Surely if we can flog off Oliver we can go hard at free agents next year with a warchest.
Love me a good warchest, just like North and the Saints we will become a superpower. 😎

Pies doing great business with minimal draft currency. Like I said a week or so ago, Houston, Perryman and Schultz last 12 months significantly improves their list. While they have both Daicos boys they'll feel like they are in the window I guess. Regardless of age, they're a dangerous side that just improved a fair bit without giving up much. Great list management.

What Theseventhhamster is saying is sound, decent chance all these drongos aren't here when next offseason rolls around and the club will want to go in a completely different direction than Mr. Contest & Defense.

If you had a private competent owner of this club like in US sports there is no way he'd allow this to happen. campaigners would be out the door, not being allowed to spend future assets as they please with the state they have the club in.

Anyway, whatever. It could be worse still, we could have traded two firsts for Houston, at least it's some kids.
Yep. With the Club being a closed shop for the privileged leftovers, there is no ownership anywhere. The board elect themselves forever and the club is just run by whoever from the nepotism factory.

Oh for that brief Peter Jackson period of grown up administration.

Imagine being so bereft of a leader to put forward as a PR meat-shield that we have Brad Green as a step-in figurehead.

Look over here though! Nathan Jones as a coach!

Who is running the place?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quite proud my beloved Melbourne Demons for playing a small part in shafting Port Adelaide, as Danny Houston would have commanded a real nice HAUL if we weren't such a ****ing rabble we scared him off.

That said, annoying he's going to the Pies.

How the hell did we manage to get May and Lever when hadn't won a flag for 50 years, then within a couple of years of a nice juicy premiership the best we can muster up at the trade table are MacAdams, Harrison Sharp, I never even heard of these campaigners.
I like the sound of Macadams. I think he should change it in the offseason to distance himself from a debacle of year. Maybe even land a sponsorship deal.

I’m in no way happy with the current state of the club and hope there is massive change coming. That doesn’t mean there can’t be some good decisions made. Would have hated for us to trade two first round picks for Houston but I think getting two A grade youngsters through the door ASAP is exactly what we need.

Makes no sense to blindly criticise trading a future first round pick, just because. Especially when we’ve done it so successfully in the past. And because there is every chance we will get another first round pick next year from doing the exact same thing again.

If you watch enough junior football it would be apparent that there is a very good chance this will turn out to be a great move for the club. And if there is another coach coming in that will be the last thing they’ll be complaining about

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Pick 9 & big fish Tom Campbell in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for Pick 28 😢

Remove this Banner Ad

Back