List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – big fish Tom Campbell in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for pick 28 😢

Who do you want with Pick 5 (6)?

• Luke Trainor (194cm, Key Defender, Sandringham Dragons)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bo Allan (191cm, Midfielder/Defender, Peel Thunder)

• Tobie Travaglia (187cm, Defender, Bendigo Pioneers)

• Taj Hotton (182cm, Forward/Midfielder, Sandringham Dragons)

• Alix Tauru (191cm, Key Defender, Gippsland Power)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Alex Neal-Bullen (Traded)
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Lachie Hunter (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:
  • Tom Campbell (Free Agent)

Last edited by a moderator:
Because we are 14th with no clear list strategy as our list continues to degrade while our competitors consistently improve there’s around us.

The Lamb bashing here is 100% on the money, bloke is just going about the motions trying to survive another day.
Exactly so if we brought Houston in would make the team better and yet supporters still moaned, We don't bring in a gun player and supporters still moan about not bringing in anyone, Look to hit the draft maybe bring in more picks supports still moan, Not matter what we do all we do is just complain.

Exactly so if we brought Houston in would make the team better and yet supporters still moaned, We don't bring in a gun player and supporters still moan about not bringing in anyone, Look to hit the draft maybe bring in more picks supports still moan, Not matter what we do all we do is just complain.

He has failed at bringing Houston in though…so not sure what your point is?

Whether some supporters wanted to do it or not, it’s another failure on Lambs behalf. Has nothing to do with supporters, bloke is trash at his job.

Not sure why you are trying to deflect his failures onto supporters as if they are the ones on the payroll or something.

He has failed at bringing Houston in though…so not sure what your point is?

Whether some supporters wanted to do it or not, it’s another failure on Lambs behalf. Has nothing to do with supporters, bloke is trash at his job.

Not sure why you are trying to deflect his failures onto supporters as if they are the ones on the payroll or something.
It's a failure that Lamb didn't (yet, who knows) get Houston? It's a failure we didn't sell two first round picks on a 27 year old? Sounds like a win to me.

Hey guys,

Can someone please explain Tim Lamb to me? He seems like the most out of his depth person I've seen speak in a long time.

Literally just straight up lied when interviewed, and acting like it's all 'hunky dory' at Melbourne, Oliver wasn't offered up for trade, and Oliver is perfectly fine and happy...and it's not unusual that he went and had a meeting with us...after liking an Instagram post about joining us.

I know you had Pert and co. saying 'best culture ever', so it seems aligned with that...but surely you can't believe this crap when all of the aforementioned has taken place?

I actually liked what Morris said better, as it made a lot more sense - 'Pert made contact with a couple of other clubs regarding Oliver, Oliver's management got wind of this and Oliver decided to look at Geelong as a place of interest...once Green and the board got wind of this, they shut it down and made the call that he wouldn't be leaving.'

The above sounds much better, and at least admits fault/dedication to player, rather than 'nope never happened, nothing to see here...he loves us and everything is fine - insert dog sitting in fiery room with coffee cup gif
I rate this like farming. Done your research, spent enough time on the board to know how much Lamb is hated.

I agree that Lamb is out of his depth and partly responsible for where we are right now but replacing him isn't going to automatically level us out with the big clubs like Collingwood.

They have a much larger and stronger supporter base, actual training ground, better facilities, bigger sponsors and general alignment across the club. Not to mention more exciting brand of football that would be way more fun to play in.

We are small fry and are a confusing, mixed message mess right now. No list manager would have a chance in this trade period.

The answer has 2 parts.

First, that Lamb has done a poor job in recent years. Long contracts to the wrong players, no back up ruck, ageing KPPs and a static midfield built for a game plan that went quickly out of date but will take lots of time to reshape.

The second, if you hadn’t noticed, is that this place is filled with negativity and prominent posters who get off on complaining and bashing the club.

Both points are a shame and hopefully they both change over the next year or 2.

I rate this like farming. Done your research, spent enough time on the board to know how much Lamb is hated.

That's the thing though, I get that you hate him, but legitimately, I don't get how he has a job, or how he can possibly answer questions in such a way. Speaks exactly like a politician...or someone from 1984

That's the thing though, I get that you hate him, but legitimately, I don't get how he has a job, or how he can possibly answer questions in such a way. Speaks exactly like a politician...or someone from 1984
Been at the club since like 2012 or something, used to be a copper so maybe that's where he gets his cadence. There's obviously a bit going on behind the scenes for us, we'll see how he fairs in the review I guess.

Lamb's fine, the problem is Goodwin.
For example I believe Schache is a solid 30-40 goal forward IMO, unfortunately he never got picked.
A dreadful and embarrassing misstep, akin to that Brown guy only getting 47 and a half seconds of game time in 2024, but worse.

How are they getting Houston exactly?
Essentially they are dealing Noble and picks to get suns pick 13.

Then sending pick 13, F1 and Joe Richards to port for Houston.

Basically turning Noble who got dropped in 2023 finals run and only played so much this year due to injuries plus Richards who is depth player and their F1 that they have to get rid of for father son next year anyway.

Hard not to be jealous of that. Scumbags.

The answer has 2 parts.

First, that Lamb has done a poor job in recent years. Long contracts to the wrong players, no back up ruck, ageing KPPs and a static midfield built for a game plan that went quickly out of date but will take lots of time to reshape.

The second, if you hadn’t noticed, is that this place is filled with negativity and prominent posters who get off on complaining and bashing the club.

Both points are a shame and hopefully they both change over the next year or 2.
I agree last few years have been poor and going into the season with no back up ruck was poor, Can't believe some supporters complaining about bring in Campbell just obviously we need a experience ruck as cover if something happens to Gawn.

Yes your 2nd point i see that now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essentially they are dealing Noble and picks to get suns pick 13.

Then sending pick 13, F1 and Joe Richards to port for Houston.

Basically turning Noble who got dropped in 2023 finals run and only played so much this year due to injuries plus Richards who is depth player and their F1 that they have to get rid of for father son next year anyway.

Hard not to be jealous of that. Scumbags.
Jesus Gold Coast are chumps if they accept that.

Perryman, Cumming and Peatling all leaving has really hurt this one. Reckon they were happy to trade him for 40's pick but not now.
Right, so a guy that hasn't played a senior game since being drafted in the 2022 MSD is all of the sudden a "required player".

It's a failure that Lamb didn't (yet, who knows) get Houston? It's a failure we didn't sell two first round picks on a 27 year old? Sounds like a win to me.

Well that was another failure that 2 firsts were even in the conversation from us and that we don’t have any plan B to the Houston scenario.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – big fish Tom Campbell in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for pick 28 😢

Back