Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
Pick 5, 13 and 18 they had that year - was hardly a war chest.

It was a pretty strong draft too at the top end with King twins, Walsh, Rankine, etc. Talent dropped away heavily beyond first round.

Rozee was a fringe top 10 prospect and Butters late first round (Duursma 2nd rnd on). Almost felt like they reached a little for all 3 but worked out well.

For those wondering, we had no 1st round and lit it up with Sparrow at 27, Jordan at 33, Nietzsche 53, Hore 56 and Bedford as NGA with last pick. McInerney at 44 and Shultz at 57 were only real notable picks after ours (that weren't academy, father son etc).

We still have hope. Deeper more even draft. I think we are likely to trade out our 2025 first for another pick this year. Maybe we split a 1st rounder and drop back to 2 mid/late 1sts. Hoping anyway.
If this draft is so deep why would teams want to split their picks?

Ah yes, we're giving out long extensions to veterans not because of the logical move of restructuring our cap for incoming acquisitions and what we now know about Gus' contract, but because the media were being mean. Makes total sense. I've missed BigFooty emotional logic.
We want to appear to have our house in order instead of a dumpster fire for any big names of interest like Houston , let's re-sign some vets to excessive extensions when we didn't have to to show everyone the place isn't falling apart at all.

If we strike out big name hunting again in free agency/trade period what will the excuse be this time? Some crap about how these extensions are front loaded and we will have plenty of cap space next year to go after big names in sure.

You will god dammit. You will grow up and you will like it!
I kinda like being childish. Lmfao

It's like the Dees being s* again has sparked up the need for throwing hate at a couple of targets. Tim Lamb is one and there's starting to be traction in regards to other people jumping on my hate for him. And Tom Morris(Sam McLure also). Got a bit of work to do on Tom clearly.

It's like the Dees being s* again has sparked up the need for throwing hate at a couple of targets. Tim Lamb is one and there's starting to be traction in regards to other people jumping on my hate for him. And Tom Morris(Sam McLure also). Got a bit of work to do on Tom clearly.
How dare you steal Mich0's valour.

Zorko looked cooked last year, and probably the year before that. Possible AA according to some this year, 35 years old. I'm not wrapped with the Viney signing, but I'll see how it plays out.

I'm with you on Morris. Don't know or care if he's accurate with his Dees goss, he's a massive tool.

Zorko looked cooked last year, and probably the year before that. Possible AA according to some this year, 35 years old. I'm not wrapped with the Viney signing, but I'll see how it plays out.
I was definitely happy to trade Viney if it gave us a shot at rejuvenating our list but with ANB going and the general chasm of leaders underneath Gawn and Viney I get why the club thought he needed to stick around.

I'll put it out there that Joel Selwood got a 4 year extension at the same age. But selwood is one of the most durable players I've ever seen while Viney has had niggling injuries throughout his whole career. That being said Viney definitely could transition into a small defensive forward role as his body slows down imo.

The bigger concern now is that the current core of our list are all going to be in their mid 30s towards the end of their contracts and if we can't find some more young players to come up underneath them we're going to be in a world of pain in a few years.

I get it. I do. Anyone who has been a long time supporter/member for this club has all sorts of mental damage and abuse that should be sorted out. Just way cheaper to vent it out on the forums then pay some quack to nap on their couch 🤣

Just speaking for myself of course. Not pointing to or thinking about any particular posters on here. No way 🙃

I was definitely happy to trade Viney if it gave us a shot at rejuvenating our list but with ANB going and the general chasm of leaders underneath Gawn and Viney I get why the club thought he needed to stick around.

I'll put it out there that Joel Selwood got a 4 year extension at the same age. But selwood is one of the most durable players I've ever seen while Viney has had niggling injuries throughout his whole career. That being said Viney definitely could transition into a small defensive forward role as his body slows down imo.

The bigger concern now is that the current core of our list are all going to be in their mid 30s towards the end of their contracts and if we can't find some more young players to come up underneath them we're going to be in a world of pain in a few years.
We'll have the most dangerous forward line in the league when 30+ Oliver, Viney and Tracc are being shovelled in there!!
FWIW I was more excited at the prospect of trading Viney than I am in re-signing him. All fair points you make.

Agree, if we are going to bring in some young players and develop them right we have more chance with Viney and Gawn around to set an example around the club and on the training track.

I'm ok with us bringing in a 24-27 year old that is best 18, good clubman, good trainer etc as long as it is via free agency or later picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We'll have the most dangerous forward line in the league when 30+ Oliver, Viney and Tracc are being shovelled in there!!
FWIW I was more excited at the prospect of trading Viney than I am in re-signing him. All fair points you make.
Oliver is the worry. Can't play anywhere but middle. Magnified our worst weaknesses i.e dump kicks, hospital handballs, defensive running...

We're gonna bottom out right when Tassie come in aren't we.
Reckon the worst time to bottom out would be a couple of years before they come in. You'd start your rebuild only to get two years of shithouse draft picks and extending your time at the bottom or putting you squarely in no-mans land.

Re: Sam Lalor.

I like the wraps on the kid.

However

Just because he can be and play like the next Trac doesn't mean he will be the next Trac. He might play 300+ games and be an AA superstar or he may play just 5-10 games and be a complete bust.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Ah-Mu? Not For You ❌️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back