Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
I said 'it's a start'.

Obviously If Goodwin doesn't want to change anything then nothing will change. If we're stuck on that point then why bother even talking about it anymore?
Jeez sorry Susan

This is more aimed at the ppl who think Stafford is the main thing holding us back

Who needs 29 year old banged up Petracca when you can have 18 year old fresh Petracca with 15 years in him. (And more).

View attachment 2086156
He looks like a good prospect. What has you thinking he could be as good or better than Petracca? 15 years or more? You seem to be pretty negative on all our older proven stars now they are hitting or approaching 30's but confident and unproven draft pick is going to be going around in mid-30's?

When did Petracca start making a difference in games? Took him a few years to get going. If he was next Daicos or Ashcroft (I e. make a difference year 1) he would be number 1 with a bullet and that would have been established last year.

Might be nothing changes from this but it's a start. We're not going to sack Goodwin so we desperately need some fresh ideas and pressure on Goodwin to try something different.

I would agree as the current style is based more on contest and defence. Hiring a forward coach with an attacking philosophy should change this.

He looks like a good prospect. What has you thinking he could be as good or better than Petracca? 15 years or more? You seem to be pretty negative on all our older proven stars now they are hitting or approaching 30's but confident and unproven draft pick is going to be going around in mid-30's?

When did Petracca start making a difference in games? Took him a few years to get going. If he was next Daicos or Ashcroft (I e. make a difference year 1) he would be number 1 with a bullet and that would have been established last year.

This is because our older proven stars play boring as bat shit footy and are moving past there prime. If we are out of the 8 and they are all past there prime then the only way we are going to improve our list is through bringing in new young fresh talent. Not by having more of the same.

This is because our older proven stars play boring as bat shit footy and are moving past there prime. If we are out of the 8 and they are all past there prime then the only way we are going to improve our list is through bringing in new young fresh talent. Not by having more of the same.
I'm all for young fresh talent. Leg speed and agility in particular.

Didn't answer any of my questions. I am genuinely curious why you are rating Lalor so high? I haven't followed this year's prospects very closely as I have little hope that we will keep any promising picks.

Lever interview from this morning. Trac discussion starts around the two-minute mark:

I would agree as the current style is based more on contest and defence. Hiring a forward coach with an attacking philosophy should change this.
It doesnt really work like that, the head coach is responsible for the overall philosophy. All depends on how much feedback Goody is willing to take on from new people and an openness to change. Instead of celebrating what we do well next year it would be nice to celebrate change.

Stafford always felt like a yes man so happy to see one of Goody's crew gone regardless.

Im expecting McQualter to be gone also, he and Stafford were the two obvious scapegoats.

It doesnt really work like that, the head coach is responsible for the overall philosophy. All depends on how much feedback Goody is willing to take on from new people and an openness to change. Instead of celebrating what we do well next year it would be nice to celebrate change.

Stafford always felt like a yes man so happy to see one of Goody's crew gone regardless.

Im expecting McQualter to be gone also, he and Stafford were the two obvious scapegoats.

True but I imagine when Goody reflects on this season he would want to develop a style that rewards effort and improves scoring. We have done this previously and as supporters have embraced this.

If I was a head coach I would want a forward coach who understands the craft, comes from a successful culture and can work with Disco, Fritta and JVR (and Goody) to develop a style that complements them. Tom Hawkins comes to mind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hardly worse than Viney and Trac though.
Correct... but his flip-out handballs that go up in the air toward team-mates, or the ones that give off when he's HOT, to team-mates, who is also under the pump... stink.

Oli is hardly the leader that Viney, Petracca, or Gawny are.

Its Oli who has done the silly stuff that brings us down. and It's Oli who only jogs after opponents disappearing with footy under arm... or only puts inferred pressure on opponents, when pretending to chase.

Its 'chalk and cheese' about the top say half a dozen players, Re leadership... and where Oli is at.

Leaders to build around from our list... culture wise and effort wise.

• Melk
  • Gawn
  • May
  • TMc
  • Viney
  • petracca
  • Brayshaw
  • AN-B
... these are the ones with the maturity, dedication, and commitment to the Red & Blue.
---------------------
the rest.?

Lever interview from this morning. Trac discussion starts around the two-minute mark:

I didn’t mind that apart from the cheer louder crap at the end.

I think it's a bit odd for Lever to say the question was when Trac went to Noosa and not at the club 'Where's Trac?' Pretty sure they would have known that he took some leave. You would have to have a pretty low emotional intelligence to not understand that after two horrible stints in hospital a person would need to have a break.

Agree, if we are going to bring in some young players and develop them right we have more chance with Viney and Gawn around to set an example around the club and on the training track.

I'm ok with us bringing in a 24-27 year old that is best 18, good clubman, good trainer etc as long as it is via free agency or later picks.
Totally.... free agents and draft picks are the way to go.

Although Houston, IF we can trade AN-B and a future 1st...

But definitely Not trading this years 1st Rnd pick.

I think it's a bit odd for Lever to say the question was when Trac went to Noosa and not at the club 'Where's Trac?' Pretty sure they would have known that he took some leave. You would have to have a pretty low emotional intelligence to not understand that after two horrible stints in hospital a person would need to have a break.
They probably give information to a few but not all - some of the info is pretty private.

Sound like their inner communication is a bit flawed though.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Ah-Mu? Not For You ❌️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back