Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
Totally.... free agents and draft picks are the way to go.

Although Houston, IF we can trade AN-B and a future 1st...

But definitely Not trading this years 1st Rnd pick.
I'd be nervous trading a future first. Genuine bottom 4 vibes. I don't think we'll be worse than Richmond or West Coast, but most other teams would be a chance to be at or above our standard. Comp is even so it's hard to determine unless you are Tigers or Eagles. Good injury run and some luck we could be playing finals again, but if things go a little pear shaped i can see it all falling apart. I think I'm on the take our first pick next two years to the draft. Let JT bring in some top end talent.

I'd be nervous trading a future first. Genuine bottom 4 vibes. I don't think we'll be worse than Richmond or West Coast, but most other teams would be a chance to be at or above our standard. Comp is even so it's hard to determine unless you are Tigers or Eagles. Good injury run and some luck we could be playing finals again, but if things go a little pear shaped i can see it all falling apart. I think I'm on the take our first pick next two years to the draft. Let JT bring in some top end talent.
IF as so many say, Houston is a great player.? Then our future 1st, which I think would be around Pick 12 next year, as a guess, should be OK for Houston.

Do you think this pick 12ish, plus AN-B, would be too much.?

They probably give information to a few but not all - some of the info is pretty private.

Sound like their inner communication is a bit flawed though.
The whole situation seems odd though. Trac wasn't at training or a meeting and the player's just thought where's Trac. Maybe Trac was johnny tight lips on the situation and told no one, but I would have imagined that news would have gone through the playing group before hand. I'm not claiming to know anything but the way things are going I just can't trust anything coming from the club anymore.

IF as so many say, Houston is a great player.? Then our future 1st, which I think would be around Pick 12 next year, as a guess, should be OK for Houston.

We don’t need more blokes who are going to go off a cliff when Tasmania comes in. Need young talent who can sustain us through that period.

We don’t need more blokes who are going to go off a cliff when Tasmania comes in. Need young talent who can sustain us through that period.
True, but Houston is in the age group we need to smooth-over the hole in our list between our 29Yr olds of next season... to our 25Yr olds of next year.

We have a sharp drop off in list class between Ed Langdon... down the age list to Kozzy Pickett.

Yeah that's probably a fair trade. However Port have already said don't bother calling unless there are 2 first rounders involved.

We've got a lot of young players who can sustain us... but aren't guns, just yet.
Many of our 23Yrs and unders, are just that.

It's our elite class that's aging... and we'll miss the most, in 2Yrs time.

Storm has died down. Agreed will be 100 stories and in the end it will be ANB out, some dud VFL player in.
Pretty much. And Morris will just wash his hands of it all. Trac was probably a little pi$$Ed about a few things and then it becomes a whole pile on and he wants out, culture has gone to s* blah blah blah.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Storm has died down. Agreed will be 100 stories and in the end it will be ANB out, some dud VFL player in.
I think, between the lines, that maybe both Tracca as well as Viney are both alluding to issues with the direction of the club.
Maybe why they have gone public.

Both are our creme of elite on our list, and drivers of the want-to-win ethos. Together with Maxy, they are the main men in Red&Blue.
I would also add AN-B to them. And Brayshaw.

Its these senior players who have the total commitment to professionalism... that has got us to the top of the tree.

Others have added with skill here and there, and some with huge workload on-field.

But the top 4 or 5 have done the driving of our Team culture... Lose them, and they must be replaced 'like-for-like', in attitude.

Pretty confident Houston will be at Port next year.
Can they afford to keep him if they have Perryman and Cummings coming in? After toping up with some guys last year and re-signing some young guns.

I guess they will find a way but I think there is a little bit of win-win going on there. Happy to let him go home and get some salary cap relief internally but externally bang the drums about it being about draft picks.

I reckon he goes somewhere but not for 2 x 1st rounders, right down to the deadline in trade week.

Can they afford to keep him if they have Perryman and Cummings coming in? After toping up with some guys last year and re-signing some young guns.

I guess they will find a way but I think there is a little bit of win-win going on there. Happy to let him go home and get some salary cap relief internally but externally bang the drums about it being about draft picks.

I reckon he goes somewhere but not for 2 x 1st rounders, right down to the deadline in trade week.
We'd have the cash for him surely. Just don't want to cough up any first round picks next few years. Get some top end talent

My Dream coaching setup would be

Fowards: Tom Hawkins, Jack Reiwoldt or Buddy Franklin
Mids: Trent Cotchin or Leigh Montagna,
Backs: Luke Hodge or Shaun Burgoyne

My Dream coaching setup would be

Fowards: Tom Hawkins, Jack Reiwoldt or Buddy Franklin
Mids: Trent Cotchin or Leigh Montagna
Backs: Luke Hodge
Why would any of them want to be an assistant coach for probably less than they earn for a couple of days a week in the media. And as if Buddy would want to get into coaching.

Why would any of them want to be an assistant coach for probably less than they earn for a couple of days a week in the media. And as if Buddy would want to get into coaching.

Need new eyes and ideas and to challenge Goody. Can't have any yes-men anymore. Its whats got us in this mess that we are in now.

Need new eyes and ideas and to challenge Goody. Can't have any yes-men anymore.
Yeah, but picking guys from the media to come coach full time under Goody for less isnt happening.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Ah-Mu? Not For You ❌️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back