Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
According to footywire Hunter’s contract is up this year. There’s so much smoke about him and his cultural impact he must be gone.

Billings and Spargo contracted to the end of 2025.

Spargo is a Goodwin favourite, can’t see him going unless Spargo wants to go. It’s not like he was not played this year, he was injured. Potentially he wasn’t happy with how his injury was managed.

Who would want Billings? The team is sorely lacking midfield depth now anyway. I can’t see him getting chopped.

1 of the many reasons we are in no mans land. As a coach, you are not allowed to have favourites.

Spargo wanted to go to North last year.

Wouldn’t surprise me if it comes up again. Should know after exit interviews.
You can only imagine that was North pursuing Spargo last year.

It’s got some real Melbourne pursuing Shannon Byrnes circa 2012 vibes to it.

1 of the many reasons we are in no mans land. As a coach, you are not allowed to have favourites.
I don’t mind a bit of faith and backing in a player through a short dip in form.

But that’s not how Goodwin and co operate. Agree that the automatic in, impossible to get dropped players are not good for selection integrity and team harmony.

Spargo isn’t quite that level of favourite. He’s more on the Tom Sparrow level of favourite.

Salem is the elite favourite level. Clarry too this year. Petty the same.

I don’t mind a bit of faith and backing in a player through a short dip in form.

But that’s not how Goodwin and co operate. Agree that the automatic in, impossible to get dropped players are not good for selection integrity and team harmony.

Spargo isn’t quite that level of favourite. He’s more on the Tom Soarrow level of favourite.

I think most coaches have favourites. It's just that our coach have spuds as his favourites :)

Spargo isn’t quite that level of favourite. He’s more on the Tom Soarrow level of favourite.

I do. Need to show no mercy as a coach. Otherwise players can take a cm and take it to a KM

I do. Need to show no mercy as a coach. Otherwise players can take a cm and take it to a KM
Savage! Surely an established player who has performed for years can have a run of two or three poor games before they feel real selection pressure.

It’s when they stink it up for months on end (Petty, Clarry, Fritsch to a lesser extent who was awful aside from kicking goals for long periods) but don’t appear to be under pressure that I have an issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Savage! Surely an established player who has performed for years can have a run of two or three poor games before they feel real selection pressure.

It’s when they stink it up for months on end (Petty, Clarry, Fritsch to a lesser extent who was awful aside from kicking goals for long periods) but don’t appear to be under pressure that I have an issue.
And that's why Goody is a weak coach. He lets it go to that extent.

Sorry Lampers, just that Goody boils my urine sometimes.

Last edited:
Our clubs ****ed in the head.
We go hard for Jake Waterman meanwhile without May we still play Turner and Petty forward in a meaningless game despite the fact one of them would clearly go back if we got Waterman. So ****ing scattergun

I don't know. Isn't he a WA boy? Father/son to a premiership Eagles player? Seems like we're just driving up his price tag for the Eagles. That's fine, but realistically are we a chance to get him?.Highly doubtful. And if we were to get him, we'd be paying way overs for a guy who's had 1 good season. I like him, but I just can't see this happening.

4 years, bah, going to have to do better than that West Coast, youre going up against the kings of ridiculous contracts, we'll be offering 6-8 years.

4 years, bah, going to have to do better than that West Coast, youre going up against the kings of ridiculous contracts, we'll be offering 6-8 years.
Could be really innovative. Why stop at 6-8? 60 year contract offer incoming.

Could be really innovative. Why stop at 6-8? 60 year contract offer incoming.
images

James Blanck at the Hawks seemed highly rated as a KPD before doing his knee. Looks like they have Battle & Barass coming so he could be a good replacement for Tomo and would come cheapish.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Ah-Mu? Not For You ❌️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back