Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
We definitely seem keen on flogging off our first rounders

Whoever at the club thinks Goody can get another flag with this list really needs to be sacked. If they go all in for another flag by keeping Oliver and trading our firsts I honestly want to just walk away.

I'm fine with trading next year's first as we seem to have a couple of guys coming through the academy/fs but this years should be off the table. Honestly wouldn't mind trading next year's first for an extra pick this year.

Zero players in the 22 Under 22 team. Yes, it's fan-voted and McVee should probably be in there, but still. We need good youth.

1000017839.jpg

Whoever at the club thinks Goody can get another flag with this list really needs to be sacked. If they go all in for another flag by keeping Oliver and trading our firsts I honestly want to just walk away.

Yeah no way Goody is winning another flag with this list.

Considering Hawthorn is the form team of the comp with a list that was rated by most as bottom 4, I’m confident another coach could have us in contention from next year, if we can bring in the right recruits and actually get improvement out of the players we have.

Tom Lynch to Melbourne on a 2 year contract, with Richmond paying the remainder of his contract for 2025 out. What pick is that worth ?

Tom Lynch to Melbourne on a 2 year contract, with Richmond paying the remainder of his contract for 2025 out. What pick is that worth ?
Future third and I’d probably think about it :thumbsu:

Depends on what picks you don't mind parting with :moustache:

Sydney's second rounder realistically. Cap space isn't a big issue for us at the moment.

But seriously, he's played eight games in two years and turns 32 before next season. He'd have no value.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two years ago I would have said absolutely.

Now, I'd rather Mykelti Lefau.

Two years ago I would have said absolutely.

Now, I'd rather Mykelti Lefau.

I'd be willing to trade him, but Lynch is the type pf player Melbourne need. Provided he can stay fit.

Mykelti Lefau may have some upside, but he seems like the type and caliber of player that Melbourne have gone through to try to replicate a KPF a few times already.

I'd be willing to trade him, but Lynch is the type pf player Melbourne need. Provided he can stay fit.

Mykelti Lefau may have some upside, but he seems like the type and caliber of player that Melbourne have gone through to try to replicate a KPF a few times already.

One of the two key phrases there. Big IF .

The other being that he is passed 30, not many players after that point have a renaissance of sorts.

If he were younger and fitter, then yes.

And yes we need an honest-to-god KPF to give JVR, Jeffo and Disco assistance.

Probably is. But he will cost you not much in draft capital and very little in salary cap space. Its a risk, as he has been injured, but could be the missing link while the May, Gawn, Petracca window is open
We've been 'up' for 4 years, that window is shut. Having Lynch on the list would would seem pretty dumb considering we just got Brown off the list.

We've been 'up' for 4 years, that window is shut. Having Lynch on the list would would seem pretty dumb considering we just got Brown off the list.

Disagree.

Fit Oliver and Petracca back, your window has to be now.

If it’s not, you may as well trade Petracca, Gawn and May and probably a few others.

You need someone who can compete for contested marks and provide more cover for the other forwards. Brown was not that.

Doesn’t have to be lynch ( but I think he is best candidate IMO), but a big marking forward that won’t cost too much. Only need him for 2-3 years as you guys will have to rebuild by that time anyway.

One of the two key phrases there. Big IF .

The other being that he is passed 30, not many players after that point have a renaissance of sorts.

If he were younger and fitter, then yes.

And yes we need an honest-to-god KPF to give JVR, Jeffo and Disco assistance.

Yeah, there is a chance it won’t work. But it is low risk.

You only need a KPF for another 2-3 seasons and then you can rebuild and get an 18 KPF gun.

But for now, you need someone who can grab a contested mark and make the opposition all defend him.

Otherwise you are wasting the Gawn May etc era.

If Lynch or someone like him only kicks 25-30 goals next year, it will be a big win. The amount of goals the other forwards will kick because of the addition of a KPF will be the key.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Ah-Mu? Not For You ❌️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back