Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
Disagree.

Fit Oliver and Petracca back, your window has to be now.

If it’s not, you may as well trade Petracca, Gawn and May and probably a few others.

You need someone who can compete for contested marks and provide more cover for the other forwards. Brown was not that.

Doesn’t have to be lynch ( but I think he is best candidate IMO), but a big marking forward that won’t cost too much. Only need him for 2-3 years as you guys will have to rebuild by that time anyway.
I'm a bit sceptical on Oliver, he obviously had a bad preseason but he still could have got his fitness back towards the end of the season, he actually seemed to get worse.

I wouldn't put all players up for trade but we definitely have some players that are definitely tradable. Trac and Gawn are ones I'd keep, and a few of our best young guys like kozzie, JVR, Windsor, Judd Mcvee, Tholstrup, rivers.

I'm a bit sceptical on Oliver, he obviously had a bad preseason but he still could have got his fitness back towards the end of the season, he actually seemed to get worse.

I wouldn't put all players up for trade but we definitely have some players that are definitely tradable. Trac and Gawn are ones I'd keep, and a few of our best young guys like kozzie, JVR, Windsor, Judd Mcvee, Tholstrup, rivers.
Plus, he doesn't professional footy player well at all.

Savage! Surely an established player who has performed for years can have a run of two or three poor games before they feel real selection pressure.

It’s when they stink it up for months on end (Petty, Clarry, Fritsch to a lesser extent who was awful aside from kicking goals for long periods) but don’t appear to be under pressure that I have an issue.
Petty has been carrying foot injuries, most of the season.

4 years, bah, going to have to do better than that West Coast, youre going up against the kings of ridiculous contracts, we'll be offering 6-8 years.
LoL. And footy dept trying to appease the supporters, by bringing in a tall forward... even tho he aint that tall at all.

Hell, he won't be great in a pack, when we kick it high onto his head, & without kicking to his leads.

Could be really innovative. Why stop at 6-8? 60 year contract offer incoming.
hell... offer him the southern stand. He can move in, and have a personal car park.

seemed highly rated as a KPD before doing his knee. Looks like they have Battle & Barass coming so he could be a good replacement for Tomo and would come cheapish.
Why give up on a battle... be up for the fight, don't cut and run, and hang around the fringes looking for tit-bits to fly off the malaise.

Tom Lynch to Melbourne on a 2 year contract, with Richmond paying the remainder of his contract for 2025 out. What pick is that worth ?
He's no good below his knees... talls who cannot operate well at ground level currently, are dinosaurs in today's footy.

No thanks.

Nope , players to deliver into the forwards should be a priority. But as I have no idea what the club will do , it’s all gum flapping ATM .
Spot-on. This is what we lack.

Elite run and carry types.

Last edited:
Probably is. But he will cost you not much in draft capital and very little in salary cap space. Its a risk, as he has been injured, but could be the missing link while the May, Gawn, Petracca window is open

I'd be willing to trade him, but Lynch is the type pf player Melbourne need. Provided he can stay fit.

Mykelti Lefau may have some upside, but he seems like the type and caliber of player that Melbourne have gone through to try to replicate a KPF a few times already.

Disagree.

Fit Oliver and Petracca back, your window has to be now.

If it’s not, you may as well trade Petracca, Gawn and May and probably a few others.

You need someone who can compete for contested marks and provide more cover for the other forwards. Brown was not that.

Doesn’t have to be lynch ( but I think he is best candidate IMO), but a big marking forward that won’t cost too much. Only need him for 2-3 years as you guys will have to rebuild by that time anyway.

Yeah, there is a chance it won’t work. But it is low risk.

You only need a KPF for another 2-3 seasons and then you can rebuild and get an 18 KPF gun.

But for now, you need someone who can grab a contested mark and make the opposition all defend him.

Otherwise you are wasting the Gawn May etc era.

If Lynch or someone like him only kicks 25-30 goals next year, it will be a big win. The amount of goals the other forwards will kick because of the addition of a KPF will be the key.
Yeah, you're not going to sell Lynch to anyone here.

We have watched our crap week in week out for the last few years and you're never going to convince us that an old, beat up, injury prone KPF is the answer to our problems.

We're all realists here. We know we're not one crippled KPF away from a flag.

Yeah, you're not going to sell Lynch to anyone here.

We have watched our crap week in week out for the last few years and you're never going to convince us that an old, beat up, injury prone KPF is the answer to our problems.

We're all realists here. We know we're not one crippled KPF away from a flag.
We've found the Richmond board's Dan. Big footy trades are real.

Waterman has managed to kick a decent haul this year in a very poor WCE group. I think if he remained injury free he'd be more than handy. However I don't think he'll be leaving WA unless we're offering ridiculous money. Which you never know wuth Tim Lamb.

I think Richmond’s list is at a point where they probably need Lynch to stay. They are bleeding experience and money won’t be an issue. So no point offloading him for a 3rd rounder. Especially when you might be paying his way.
If it's for a decent payday, then maybe he would jump ship. I don't think Tigers would get in his way if he wanted to leave. It might also depend if he sees us contending next two years or not. Why would he leave a sinking ship to hop on another ship that appears to be in similar waters?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it's for a decent payday, then maybe he would jump ship. I don't think Tigers would get in his way if he wanted to leave. It might also depend if he sees us contending next two years or not. Why would he leave a sinking ship to hop on another ship that appears to be in similar waters?
He's owed like 1.5m next year lol.

Having said that, could I see the Dees trying to get Lynch if all else fails? Absolutely. When Pert said on the weekend that we havent been able to land a big KPF the past couple of offseason's it should have been a red alert for all of us.

Ive got no doubt we are throwing the kitchen sink at Waterman, even though hes not really the "big KPF" Goody ball needs.

Having said that, could I see the Dees trying to get Lynch if all else fails? Absolutely. When Pert said on the weekend that we havent been able to land a big KPF the past couple of offseason's it should have been a red alert for all of us.

Ive got no doubt we are throwing the kitchen sink at Waterman, even though hes not really the "big KPF" Goody ball needs.
I'm certain I heard a sound bite where he basically said a big KPF added to the mix will help our chase for top 4 next year

Did he not see the 3 headed monster play one good game together ever??

I'm certain I heard a sound bite where he basically said a big KPF added to the mix will help our chase for top 4 next year

Did he not see the 3 headed monster play one good game together ever??
Tbf he said that prior to the Gold Coast game.

After the game:
1724365266338.gif

Thing is he is getting 1m+ next year in his finals contract year. So payday not a concern for him. Maybe is a club says will give you 2 more years he might request a trade.
Plus I guess if you look at our list you could still were in the window. Tigers ship has sunk. They are going to at the bottom for a few years.

I can't help but peer enviously over at Hawthorn. On the way up, playing great footy and they're gonna get Battle and Barass for pick 12 and salary.
Looks like when we got May and Lever and were decisive as a club.

We won a flag and instead of chasing talent we paid everyone a fortune and sat on our hands thinking we'd finished the project

Thing is he is getting 1m+ next year in his finals contract year. So payday not a concern for him. Maybe is a club says will give you 2 more years he might request a trade.
Plus I guess if you look at our list you could still were in the window. Tigers ship has sunk. They are going to at the bottom for a few years.
Well I'd struggle to see a club wanting to pay over 1mil for a guy who can't get on the park anymore. Clearly too much of a risk..

Well I'd struggle to see a club wanting to pay over 1mil for a guy who can't get on the park anymore. Clearly too much of a risk..
Tigers would pay a very good chunk of the salary if he was moved id assume.

I’d imagine this will be a pretty vanilla interview where he barely actually says anything.
Damn, I was really hoping for him to swear a blood oath to the Melbourne Football Club.

Damn, I was really hoping for him to swear a blood oath to the Melbourne Football Club.

I know you’re taking the piss but in this case unless it’s official club comms I seriously doubt he gives anything definitive either way. Probably just rehashes his talk to the players and that’s it.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Ah-Mu? Not For You ❌️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back