Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
I don't know why everyone here is so against mortgaging our future for one last dance?

There aren't multiple examples of clubs who have done the same thing in the recent past and had it backfire on them

Not sure if sarcastic but Tim Kelly and Taranto come to mind.

Hey all I've heard that apparently petraca and his management are investigating through solicitors if they have a right to break the contract due to medical negligence. I'm not saying it will happen but apparently that's where this all sits I'm guessing the AFL are involved where this all lands I don't have a clue 🤷
I'm thinking this is maybe why he hasn't come out and said anything publicly but apparently he is a mental mess ATM and his family is seething with Melbourne

Hey all I've heard that apparently petraca and his management are investigating through solicitors if they have a right to break the contract due to medical negligence. I'm not saying it will happen but apparently that's where this all sits I'm guessing the AFL are involved where this all lands I don't have a clue 🤷
I'm thinking this is maybe why he hasn't come out and said anything publicly but apparently he is a mental mess ATM and his family is seething with Melbourne
Yeah totally what you have heard is spot on!

Make certain to come back here with all the other things that you hear!

Yeah we’ll be lucky if it’s not 2024 and 2025 firsts with the current mob in charge.
I can see it if we genuinely back ourselves to finish top 4 next year. We'll probably get a pick back somewhere in it but yeah. Depressing

I can see it if we genuinely back ourselves to finish top 4 next year. We'll probably get a pick back somewhere in it but yeah. Depressing

I can see us getting a second back. But heck we’d want to be pushing up for a flag next year.

I hold out some hope next year. But need to see how next couple months play out heading into pre season. But trading out of next 2 first rounds for Houston could be grim areas for years to come.
I don't. I think trading a top 6 pick and potentially more is gambling we finish top 4 for at least 3 more years or else we are mortgaging our future on next year and they seems so stupid to me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, passing up on a chance to get another kid with the talent of Windsor at 6 again would be just insane, we need to be stock piling kids like that. Not to mention, Windsor has looked completely comfortable at AFL level. Saying we need 26-28 year olds over talented kids who can contribute to wins just as much now and more for the next ten years is absolutely infuriating.

I get the feeling the veteran players are pushing this "all in" approach also, particularly Gawn and Viney. The whole joint is trying to justify the misplaced arrogance after the flag. Bunch of desperate selfish flogs who care more about trying to be proven right than looking after the best interests of the club.

Who gives a stuff about a soft draw lol you don't win a flag on a soft draw but you can sneak into finals with one and get false hope.
We got west coast twice this year and lost one of them
Yeah, crawled over the line vs North. Played the Crows when they were at their worst , I think they would have beaten us comfortably if we played them in the second half of the year once they tried to score again.

Yeah, crawled over the line vs North. Played the Crows when they were at their worst , I think they would have beaten us comfortably if we played them in the second half of the year once they tried to score again.
Played port when they were shit, hawthorn when they were shit. Hawks would beat us by 15 goals right now no doubt at all.

Played port when they were shit, hawthorn when they were shit. Hawks would beat us by 15 goals right now no doubt at all.
Absolutely flogged by mid table Collingwood and Freo twice. They have a far better chance at bouncing back than we do.

We also got Hawks at the perfect time as well as Essendon - our fixture this year was honestly very favourable.

Not to jump on the bandwagon, but reckon we were also lucky to get the Dogs in Round 1.

We probably should have gone 0-23.
Other than Essendon, there is no one above us that is an obvious team we can be better than next year.

Other than Essendon, there is no one above us that is an obvious team we can be better than next year.
I look forward to sneaking into 8th, then handing Essendon their first finals win since they beat, well, us in 2004.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Ah-Mu? Not For You ❌️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back