Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
Regardless who we take, remember in the great wise words of Richo, “going young will be a disaster”.
Alan Richardson "We need to go older"

Where's Russell Robertson Neita and The Ox at. Get Shane Woewoedin back to play with his son. Stephen Tingay, The Febey's, Marcus Seecamp.

I guess the good thing is we are all getting older every day hey Richo
I like this. Richo is clearly concerned about the philosophical implications of discovering the fountain of youth.

Hawthorn have one tall forward who kicked over 30 and it's Chol who's just an athletic tall that does nothing Fristch couldn't do. The stupidity of play 3 talls and Fristch and then seeing people talk about us drafting or trading for another key forward. It's like we are a years behind the best teams forward set ups.

Saw something very interesting on first crack, since the AFL changed the rules around tackles the average time it takes for an ump to throw the ball up from a stoppage has gone from 13s to about 6s

It means teams can't just crowd stoppages anymore and have that game style be successful aka Melbourne Freo and Carlton. Meanwhile sides that rely on speed like Hawthorn are dominating

Hawthorn have one tall forward who kicked over 30 and it's Chol who's just an athletic tall that does nothing Fristch couldn't do. The stupidity of play 3 talls and Fristch and then seeing people talk about us drafting or trading for another key forward. It's like we are a years behind the best teams forward set ups.

That's true but on the flip side the Dogs have three genuine gun KPfs, Swans play three talls too. Blues with no injuries also.

I totally agree with your point that a KPf/s are no use at all if we don't fix our ball movement issues.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's true but on the flip side the Dogs have three genuine gun KPfs, Swans play three talls too. Blues with no injuries also.

I totally agree with your point that a KPf/s are no use at all if we don't fix our ball movement issues.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
They wouldn't trade one of their forwards for the 3 of ours, swans tall forwards don't win them games their midfield do and neither the swans or dogs play 2 defenders forward and send their best forward kick chasing up the ground.

Saw something very interesting on first crack, since the AFL changed the rules around tackles the average time it takes for an ump to throw the ball up from a stoppage has gone from 13s to about 6s

It means teams can't just crowd stoppages anymore and have that game style be successful aka Melbourne Freo and Carlton. Meanwhile sides that rely on speed like Hawthorn are dominating
So what you're saying we would be going for our fourth flag this year if it wasn't for the CFL and Steven Shocking changing the rules to target us specifically :madv1:

IF Melbourne get Tom Lynch and Max King

THEN who cares about the midfield, gameplan and culture? Problems are solved.

Tom Lynch, Max King, 2MP are gonna solve our ball movement for sure :rolleyes:.

Need to be stockpiling picks like Richmond have done. If we get some talent, via FA, at the 23-27 year-old age range that's a bonus. We have too many over-30s and the youth aren't there or being given enough exposure.

Need to get rid of Spargo, Bowey, Sparrow, Salem, Hunter, Oliver etc... and restock. All of them have peaked and are showing massive regression.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Ah-Mu? Not For You ❌️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back