• Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
Sammy Edmund this morning

Christian Petracca

“These are the facts as we know it. He wants to leave Melbourne. He wants to play for another club. He wants it to be a big Victorian club with all the resources that sit behind that,” Edmund said.

“Over the weekend and into yesterday he made it clear to the Demons that he wants to be traded with the five years remaining on that contract worth $1 million per season.

“Melbourne remain absolutely resolute publicly and privately that he will not be traded under any circumstances.

“I can tell you Melbourne aren’t even completely clear as to what his issues are, which is incredible.

“Depending on who Petracca talks to, it’s different. If he talks to the players, his issue is with the leadership of the club and when he talks to the leadership, his issue is with the players and the off-field stuff.

“The brand side of things has always been very important to him and then there’s even some who wonder whether his relationship with Ben Simmons on the other side of the planet had something to do with it all.

“The club is so disappointed and so bemused by it all. They’re completely perplexed. They thought it would simmer down, but it’s now abundantly clear that that’s not the case.

“Some relationships with teammates are going to need repairing if he is to remain there. There’s some real frustration there.”
The Ben Simmons angle is bizarre and smells like club spin.

Sure, but realistically that aint happening and won't do much for the club long term. Trying to get rid of Goodwin and keeping Trac without causing a massive rift within the playing group is a needle I don't think we can thread and asking a new coach to come in and mend that is going to be pretty tough for anyone. We'd be better off blowing the whole thing up.
I'm at the point where if they both go, I'm almost okay with it. That's how sick I am of Goodwins inept coaching

Tracs communication sounds pathetic and I am womdering why he is also pissing off the playing group in parallel

Surely he has one ally in amongst all of this?

Interestingly we haven’t delisted Melksham, Tmac or Hunter.

Is good old Timmy at it again with some supersized contracts about to be announced?

I'm at the point where if they both go, I'm almost okay with it. That's how sick I am of Goodwins inept coaching
If we could throw a broom through the place, where would you start? Can't get rid of all of them.

Pres: Roffey
CEO: Pert

List Manager: Tim Lamb
Recruiting: Jason Taylor

Coach: Goodwin
GM of Football Performance: Alan Richardson
Fwds: Stafford (gone)
Mids: McQualter
Def: Chaplin

Development: Choco
Opposition strategy: Sam Radford

Fitness whatever: Selwyn

Media: ??

From all that I'd only want to keep Jason Taylor (and Kelly O'Donnell if he keeps spotting the WA lads) and Chaplin.

My priority would be new CEO. Since Pert's come in it's been a culture of saying everything's great, nothing to see hear, which is the exact opposite of what was set up under Jackson.

Ours comms are absolute garbage, we don't have a training base and I hate listening to everyone from the club talk because it's all garbage rhetoric.

At least be honest with me that there's issues. What the hell. The club as it's set up now is actually making me hate it.

I still loved club during the Neeld era, just hated Neeld & Schwab. There's so much arrogance and rhetoric from everyone now when there's problems that are so obvious to everyone, it hurts my head listening to them.

Yeah this is where I'm heading. Start with a new footy boss and list manager with the mission to build a new base of young talent. Cut your losses with Trac, since rightly or wrongly the players will likely blame him for blowing up our flag window. Find a coach who understands the modern game. Sell it to the senior players as a Sydney 2019-2020 style reset. The rest of the underlings you look at one by one to see if they fit into the next regime but if their contracts are up they will more than likely go.

Admin should undergo a full external review but I doubt they will. They seem more interested in presenting a front of stability than actually making meaningful decisions but I also wonder when the fingerpointing is going to start. Could see Roffey throwing Pert under the bus. She might also quietly resign once the media storm dies down because it's all become too hard.

I'm still staggered at the fact we're not moving Goodwin on.
Trac is obviously mentally a mess at the moment but he's clearly not the only player struggling for either motivation to play, motivation to stay, or just basic discipline.

Any club in that position coming off the back of three failed seasons should be thinking it's time for a fresh start. Get someone in with a fresh approach and no baggage with the players and who knows what impact that could have on Trac wanting to stay. There's literally no downside to finding out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like he has handled this incredibly poorly tbh. I don’t blame him for wanting out but he’s all over the place.
In typical Trac fashion doesnt want to offend anyone. Just come out and say the people that suck why you cant stand them.

Love the part where Bucks said he doesnt think Melbourne players feel equally valued in the locker room ie: coach playing favourites. Hes a wise man.
he's exactly the right person we need right now, someone who has achieved enough in the game for the players to be a little star struck and instantly want to make an impression.

To be fair to Goody, I have full confidence that he would openly tell players they're not his favourites.
I dont. He's more the guy thats convinced no one notices hes playing favourites so there is no need to address anything.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Ah-Mu? Not For You ❌️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back