Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
I don't buy that Trac wants to leave to further his brand, I think a journo has tacked that on because he's got TikTok and 2+2=4

Trac is a winner and clearly doesn't like the direction the club is heading. He always spoke about Goody as a father figure so either that relationship has fully broken down or he's deeply unhappy with other senior people at the club.

Brisbane don’t have collateral unless Rayner wants to come home
Would low key love this just to see the danster reaction on the main board.

I chose to believe every word of it. Still wanting to hear Chris from Camberwell, if anyone is listening when he calls in let me know what wisdom was said.
I remember after the flag he called up Dwayne to talk about Casey. Will probably do the same here and start asking a 45 minute question about Kyah Farris-White.

I remember after the flag he called up Dwayne to talk about Casey. Will probably do the same here and start asking a 45 minute question about Kyah Farris-White.
Yeah im thinking it will be something like "we can afford to let Trac go, Bailey Laurie and Kynan Brown have been dominating down at Casey and can replace him" :love:

Pretty much agree with 99% of what he said.
I dont agree with King saying Goody and Lamb deserve a chance to build the list back up again if we traded Trac and we should trust them. **** off.

Just on our inability to recruit good players. Of the MCG teams (Pies, Tigers, Hawks, us) I'd have us third or fourth in line with Hawks for talent looking for that as a selling point. Simply because they only have one annual blockbuster (Easter Monday) while we have two. Until we get a home base we will remain pretty irrelevant in this space unless we are offering crazy money. Hopefully we can do that this year with the Brayshaw money, otherwise it's going to be retaining home grown talent and getting rejects for a while imo.
Am I secretly Christian Petracca? :ninjav1::ninjav1::ninjav1:

Had seen all the clips from the start of this but interesting the last bits from 8:05 onwards...Kane asking the right questions "what's Trac's relationship like with the coach? ". After that, everyone paying us out for the Viney contract and rightly so.

My read of that Gawn soundbite is he just sounds ****ing exhausted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lamb yes but it would be civil war if Goody was sacked and Tracc stayed.
Paul Rudd Reaction GIF

I don't buy that Trac wants to leave to further his brand, I think a journo has tacked that on because he's got TikTok and 2+2=4

Trac is a winner and clearly doesn't like the direction the club is heading. He always spoke about Goody as a father figure so either that relationship has fully broken down or he's deeply unhappy with other senior people at the club.
‘wanting to play in front of big crowds’ and ‘brand Petracca’ being new drivers sound like his management stacking reasons and trying to get the fan base annoyed so they come around to the idea of him being traded.

‘wanting to play in front of big crowds’ and ‘brand Petracca’ being new drivers sound like his management stacking reasons and trying to get the fan base annoyed so they come around to the idea of him being traded.
yeah, it's all just secondary BS "reasons" aimed at getting him to the club he wants and not some other minnow club that's no better than us.
what it all ultimately boils down to is the fact that he wants to leave because he doesn't believe in the direction of the club, it's as simple as that. and i don't blame him because i don't either.

Lamb yes but it would be civil war if Goody was sacked and Tracc stayed.
Yeah this is my concern. If Goodwin has a lot of support in the playing group and the board ousts him to keep Trac happy that will make things worse not better.

That being said, if Trac goes Goodwin, Richo, Pert et al should all go with him as they've let the situation get to this point.

If Goodwin has a lot of support in the playing group and the board ousts him to keep Trac happy that will make things worse not better..
All his mates in the playing group can **** off with him as far as I'm concerned. 😂. If youre an advocate for Goody you're an enemy to the club.

All his mates in the playing group can **** off with him as far as I'm concerned. 😂
Sure, but realistically that aint happening and won't do much for the club long term. Trying to get rid of Goodwin and keeping Trac without causing a massive rift within the playing group is a needle I don't think we can thread and asking a new coach to come in and mend that is going to be pretty tough for anyone. We'd be better off blowing the whole thing up.

Probably not quite a candidate for your first pick, but you might find yourself acquiring extra first rounders... who knows?

----

Choc full of confidence after his excellent run in the VFL with Essendon, Jobe Shanahan returned to Talent League play with the Pioneers and had his best game of the season. His team were smashed in the opening quarter going well behind, until Shanahan kicked two goals late in the term to give them hope. They slowly closed the gap over the remainder of the contest with Shanahan their talisman in the forward line, but couldn't quite overcome the deficit. Shanahan found space on the lead, took a couple of excellent contested marks and even snapped an opportunistic goal on the run.

Sammy Edmund this morning

Christian Petracca

“These are the facts as we know it. He wants to leave Melbourne. He wants to play for another club. He wants it to be a big Victorian club with all the resources that sit behind that,” Edmund said.

“Over the weekend and into yesterday he made it clear to the Demons that he wants to be traded with the five years remaining on that contract worth $1 million per season.

“Melbourne remain absolutely resolute publicly and privately that he will not be traded under any circumstances.

“I can tell you Melbourne aren’t even completely clear as to what his issues are, which is incredible.

“Depending on who Petracca talks to, it’s different. If he talks to the players, his issue is with the leadership of the club and when he talks to the leadership, his issue is with the players and the off-field stuff.

“The brand side of things has always been very important to him and then there’s even some who wonder whether his relationship with Ben Simmons on the other side of the planet had something to do with it all.

“The club is so disappointed and so bemused by it all. They’re completely perplexed. They thought it would simmer down, but it’s now abundantly clear that that’s not the case.

“Some relationships with teammates are going to need repairing if he is to remain there. There’s some real frustration there.”

Sammy Edmund this morning

Christian Petracca

“These are the facts as we know it. He wants to leave Melbourne. He wants to play for another club. He wants it to be a big Victorian club with all the resources that sit behind that,” Edmund said.

“Over the weekend and into yesterday he made it clear to the Demons that he wants to be traded with the five years remaining on that contract worth $1 million per season.

“Melbourne remain absolutely resolute publicly and privately that he will not be traded under any circumstances.

“I can tell you Melbourne aren’t even completely clear as to what his issues are, which is incredible.

“Depending on who Petracca talks to, it’s different. If he talks to the players, his issue is with the leadership of the club and when he talks to the leadership, his issue is with the players and the off-field stuff.

“The brand side of things has always been very important to him and then there’s even some who wonder whether his relationship with Ben Simmons on the other side of the planet had something to do with it all.

“The club is so disappointed and so bemused by it all. They’re completely perplexed. They thought it would simmer down, but it’s now abundantly clear that that’s not the case.

“Some relationships with teammates are going to need repairing if he is to remain there. There’s some real frustration there.”

Sounds like he has handled this incredibly poorly tbh. I don’t blame him for wanting out but he’s all over the place.

Adam Tomlinson

“Set to leave Melbourne as an unrestricted free agent. Wants more opportunity. Just wants to play. Is St Kilda the home as his third club?”

Sure, but realistically that aint happening and won't do much for the club long term. Trying to get rid of Goodwin and keeping Trac without causing a massive rift within the playing group is a needle I don't think we can thread and asking a new coach to come in and mend that is going to be pretty tough for anyone. We'd be better off blowing the whole thing up.
If we could throw a broom through the place, where would you start? Can't get rid of all of them.

Pres: Roffey
CEO: Pert

List Manager: Tim Lamb
Recruiting: Jason Taylor

Coach: Goodwin
GM of Football Performance: Alan Richardson
Fwds: Stafford (gone)
Mids: McQualter
Def: Chaplin

Development: Choco
Opposition strategy: Sam Radford

Fitness whatever: Selwyn

Media: ??

From all that I'd only want to keep Jason Taylor (and Kelly O'Donnell if he keeps spotting the WA lads) and Chaplin.

My priority would be new CEO. Since Pert's come in it's been a culture of saying everything's great, nothing to see hear, which is the exact opposite of what was set up under Jackson.

Ours comms are absolute garbage, we don't have a training base and I hate listening to everyone from the club talk because it's all garbage rhetoric.

At least be honest with me that there's issues. What the hell. The club as it's set up now is actually making me hate it.

I still loved club during the Neeld era, just hated Neeld & Schwab. There's so much arrogance and rhetoric from everyone now when there's problems that are so obvious to everyone, it hurts my head listening to them.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Ah-Mu? Not For You ❌️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back