Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
Jagga Smith, Sid Draper and Murphy Reid are my 3 favs.

Langford 4th

My guess
1. Richmond - Smith
2. North - Smillie
3. WC - Murphy Reid
4. Adelaide- Sid Draper
5. Dees - Langford
6. Richmond - FOS

Sort of agree on both these expect for two points

Ive seen Murphy Reid under pressure in a few games now, his handballs are fantastic, very creative when he cant get a kick away. Love that he draws a man and invites pressure to get a teammate loose, then weights it in space for a teammate to run onto. So calm and composed that when hes under pressure it doesnt look like he is. That goal on the run in his most recent video was awesome too (2:33 below), hes a Rolls Royce, better acceleration than you think, no wasted movement, just class. . Im really starting to warm to him. Think hes as safe as anyone ive seen.

Smilie most definitely isnt Bont, could be Cripps I suppose, but I dont think hes that good either, I compared him more to a having a ceiling of Josh Kennedy. Just dont see enough elite things in his game other than size which as you say will level out a bit when he starts playing AFL.

Love the handball at 2:07 too, doesnt hit the target directly but leads his teammate onto the ball in space. The beautiful thing about it is how quick he gives it off once he gets it to allow the next guy in the chain time and space. I love seeing players who can process things that fast. Thats what you need at AFL level, not a guy who receives the ball and stands there for 3 seconds assessing his options and by the time hes done everything is taken away.

Jagga Smith, Sid Draper and Murphy Reid are my 3 favs.

Langford 4th

My guess
1. Richmond - Smith
2. North - Smillie
3. WC - Murphy Reid
4. Adelaide- Sid Draper
5. Dees - Langford
6. Richmond - FOS
Agree with your 3 favs as of right now and could live with Langford

Top 10 pick last year and looked decent for a first year 200cm+ KPF. Reckon there's plenty to work with.
Caddy's listed at 193, same as JVR. Some of the mids in this next draft are taller than him.

Edit: Sorry, I see I was the 163,986th person to mention that.. bit slow getting in

Last edited:

Ive seen Murphy Reid under pressure in a few games now, his handballs are fantastic, very creative when he cant get a kick away. Love that he draws a man and invites pressure to get a teammate loose, then weights it in space for a teammate to run onto. So calm and composed that when hes under pressure it doesnt look like he is. That goal on the run in his most recent video was awesome too (2:33 below), hes a Rolls Royce, better acceleration than you think, no wasted movement, just class. . Im really starting to warm to him. Think hes as safe as anyone ive seen.

Smilie most definitely isnt Bont, could be Cripps I suppose, but I dont think hes that good either, I compared him more to a having a ceiling of Josh Kennedy. Just dont see enough elite things in his game other than size which as you say will level out a bit when he starts playing AFL.

Almost gives me Sheezel vibes, never really appears rushed and rarely seems to lose composure. Not super explosive but quick enough, not as polished as Sheezel by foot but looks great with his hands as you said.

Agree on Smillie, much more Cripps in playing style than Bont.. perhaps even a more versatile Tom Green but without the genuine inside midfield craft (seems to just use his size rather than any nous). Not sure I love the kids that have a mans body (and use it to their advantage) already in juniors, then dealing well with their transition into seniors. Cripps (growth spurt) and Bont (bulked up) at least grew into their AFL bodies, whereas Smillie looks like he'd be bigger than half the comp already.

Almost gives me Sheezel vibes, never really appears rushed and rarely seems to lose composure. Not super explosive but quick enough, not as polished as Sheezel by foot but looks great with his hands as you said.

Agree on Smillie, much more Cripps in playing style than Bont.. perhaps even a more versatile Tom Green but without the genuine inside midfield craft (seems to just use his size rather than any nous). Not sure I love the kids that have a mans body (and use it to their advantage) already in juniors, then dealing well with their transition into seniors. Cripps (growth spurt) and Bont (bulked up) at least grew into their AFL bodies, whereas Smillie looks like he'd be bigger than half the comp already.
Great post again. Man, this guy who is DEFINITELY NOT me is good.

Nick Hind as a DFA? Small upgrade on Howes?
If we are desperate and want to keep pretending the window is open like we probably are and actually want to play like a normal team with some run and carry I dont mind Hind, thinks hes been a bit hard done by his entire career. Thats not the route id go with him being 30 but it could make sense to Goodwin and Richo who say we need to get older.

If we are desperate and want to keep pretending the window is open like we probably are and actually want to play like a normal team with some run and carry I dont mind Hind, thinks hes been a bit hard done by his entire career. Thats not the route id go with him being 30 but it could make sense to Goodwin and Richo who say we need to get older.
Hinds a decent player, he'd look so ****ing bad in our team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder whether something like this could work:

Dees
Out: Trac
In: Holmes and Carlton's first (we apparently have a good relationship with Holmes but who knows who'd want to come to our cluster**** of a club)

Cats
Out: Holmes and their second
In: TDK (the brothers have spoken about wanting to play together at some stage, plus the Cats need a ruck)

Blues
Out: TDK and their first rounder
In: Trac, Geelong's second

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Dees
In: Holmes and Carlton's first (we apparently have a good relationship with Holmes but who knows who'd want to come to our cluster**** of a club)

Cats
In: TDK (the brothers have spoken about wanting to play together at some stage, plus the Cats need a ruck)

Blues

I honestly think we'd need another pick from someone inside 30 for that deal

Epic is one of my all time favourite songs; but pretty much any track from the real thing and angel dust

I love all their albums pretty much but I think Midlife Crisis is my fav song.

Dees

Cats

Blues

I was thinking about Geelong myself, reckon Clark or O'Sullivan would be more achievable, doubt they want to give up Holmes and doubt he'd come here as you say.

I was thinking about Geelong myself, reckon Clark or O'Sullivan would be more achievable, doubt they want to give up Holmes and doubt he'd come here as you say.

Wasn't that who was in the mix for our first pick last year at some stage until we decided on Windsor?

That highlights package shows more for sure - thanks for posting it. The goal was really nice, showed quick reactions, pace/gears, composure and kicking skills all in one play. Also shows he isn't afraid of the tough stuff but holds his width for the outlet, runs both eays. Bit Zac merret like. If he has a good combine he probably doesn't make it to our pick either unfortunately.

Smilie definitely strikes me as boom or bust. Hopefully someone above us goes for boom so one of the others gets through to us instead.

Smilie definitely strikes me as boom or bust. Hopefully someone above us goes for boom so one of the others gets through to us instead.
Ive watched 7 games of his the past two days, im so underwhelmed, would actually be fuming if we took him. I havent watched any projected to go in the teens yet but id be surprised if Smilie is in my top 15 by the end of it. Everything about him other than size is average and he doesnt even use his size that well.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Ah-Mu? Not For You ❌️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back