Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
If we are desperate and want to keep pretending the window is open like we probably are and actually want to play like a normal team with some run and carry I dont mind Hind, thinks hes been a bit hard done by his entire career. Thats not the route id go with him being 30 but it could make sense to Goodwin and Richo who say we need to get older.
I remember a couple of ess games where he came on as sub, did more in a QTR than half a dozen other players did for the whole game and was then dropped as a reward... He would fit in perfectly.

Wonder whether something like this could work:

Dees
Out: Trac
In: Holmes and Carlton's first (we apparently have a good relationship with Holmes but who knows who'd want to come to our cluster**** of a club)

Cats
Out: Holmes and their second
In: TDK (the brothers have spoken about wanting to play together at some stage, plus the Cats need a ruck)

Blues
Out: TDK and their first rounder
In: Trac, Geelong's second

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Holmes signed a 4 year extension this year. I can't see him agreeing to any trade away from Geelong

Think hinds a bit of a free spirit who doesn't follow structures. He'd be great at Collingwood.
Didn't Ginnivan complain about rigid structures at Collingwood once he got to the Hawks?

Just for anyone else who feels like all this noise about the club and getting excited about the draft/trades is like putting on an old pair of comfy jeans while the house is burning down around you.

My main takeaway from gettable this morning is that we have signed up a lot of young players this year along with the older guys. It can't be THAT bad around the place, can it?

This year:
2027: Gawn & Petty
2028: Viney, Langdon, Windsor & Tholstrup
2029: Jvr

Previous year
2026: Bowey & Turner
2027: Rivdog and Pickett
2028: Lever

*McVee coming out of contract next year and would be the biggest priority. Then Howes and maybe Spargo & Woey depending on how they go next year.

Think McDonald and Melk should get another year

AMW, Brown and Verrall are the rookies that should be kept. I would be comfortable moving AMW onto senior list based on what I've seen.

If we don't **** up in trade week (big if) and add some top end talent via the draft things could be looking ok.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just for anyone else who feels like all this noise about the club and getting excited about the draft/trades is like putting on an old pair of comfy jeans while the house is burning down around you.

My main takeaway from gettable this morning is that we have signed up a lot of young players this year along with the older guys. It can't be THAT bad around the place, can it?

This year:

Previous year

*McVee coming out of contract next year and would be the biggest priority. Then Howes and maybe Spargo & Woey depending on how they go next year.

AMW, Brown and Verrall are the rookies that should be kept. I would be comfortable moving AMW onto senior list based on what I've seen.

If we don't **** up in trade week (big if) and add some top end talent via the draft things could be looking ok.
Nothing matters til Goody, Roffey and Pert are gone. While they are still here they kill every bit of optimism.

news. com running with the headline: "Demons star defender set to walk out on club for new opportunity".

Demons "star", gagf.

Should say: "Dees Flog With Shitty Attitude Leaving Because He Sucks and Has Shitty Attitude Problem".

Sadly the Petracca situation has killed any optimism.

This year:

Previous year

The odds on Tmac and Melk getting re-signed into 2025 would’ve been astronomical at the start of this season.

Probably a sign of how bad we’re going that it’s almost definitely going to happen because right now both are best 22.

The odds on Tmac and Melk getting re-signed into 2025 would’ve been astronomical at the start of this season.

Probably a sign of how bad we’re going that it’s almost definitely going to happen because right now both are best 22.
Across the competition - too many old fellas. Wait for Tassie - lack of talent really hurting AFL brand.

I am pleased to hear we're interested in Peatling.

Honestly had no idea who he was until I saw #20 for GWS absolutely rip us a new one a few weeks ago. Seems like the perfect option to bolster the midfield that is going to need it.

TMac definitely. Medically retired was more likely than re-signed.

Melk I thought was a good chance if he got back from knee ok.

Current consensus draft power rankings (media), thanks to GoTigers2015

I have compiled the consensus power rankings for August from:

RMC Power Rankings top 30
AFL Power Rankings top 30
ESPN Power Rankings top 30
The Age Power Rankings top 30
Fox Footy Power Rankings top 30
Herald Sun Power Ranking top 50

The method was to sort by the average for players ranked in 5 or all 6 of the lists.
I added the nominal value of 35 where a player wasn't ranked in one of the lists to work out the average.

The remaining players were ranked by the number of power rankings they appear in and then the averages of these.

As the Herald Sun power rankings gave a top 50, there players down the bottom of the list appear in the order they were ranked in this list.

View attachment 2093245
1724821787722.png

An interesting day for Travaglia. Switching back to defense instead of the midfield role he had been playing, he copped an early injury and spent the majority of the first quarter off the ground as a result. That injury may have been effecting him when he returned to play as he struggled to effect the game as much as he typically does, although his pressure and tackling was still as intense as ever. With the Pioneers needing a spark Travaglia was moved into the forward line in the fourth quarter and produced an exciting cameo, kicking a couple of highlight reel worthy goals to show just how much untapped potential he possesses.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Ah-Mu? Not For You ❌️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back