Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
My memories of John Meesen. When melbourne recruited him and Pickers on fox footy draft coverage mentioned Melbourne giving him a lifeline. I'd never heard of him at that point. My other memory was when melbourne were travelling really badly. The media liked laying the boots into our poor recruiting. Someone in the media scoffed at melbourne because we had traded Thompson to Adelaide for Meesen. It annoyed me because Scott Thompson trade happened 3 years before we drafted Meesen. It's just lazy journalism. Lay the boots in but at least be accurate.

I'm already bored of this tbh. He leaves, we miss finals. He stays, we also miss finals. C'est la vie

I’m just sad man. Even with the failings since 2021 I was looking forward to him and Oliver retiring as demon greats. Now one is ****ed and the other ****ing hates us 😔

I’m just sad man. Even with the failings since 2021 I was looking forward to him and Oliver retiring as demon greats. Now one is ****ed and the other ****ing hates us 😔
Yeah, definitely heading down the path of #eco currently. Thought after 2021 the wheel had finally turned and we were set up for some sustained success.

Ever since mid-2022, it's been embarrassment after embarrassment. No club can cannibalise itself quite like Melbourne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond are the only big Vic club with the draft capital to appease the Dees demands and to suit brand Petracca and his wish to play in front of big crowds rolls eyes to get the deal done.

How about Pick 6, which Richmond will get from GC as comp for Daniel Rioli, as well as Tom Lynch to the Dees for 'the Brand'?.
Ok... as long as you pizz off lynch from the deal. He's dead wood.

Pick 6 + an early 2nd Rnd'r from this draft 2024. Plus the Tiges future 1st Rnd pick.

Ok... as long as you pizz off lynch from the deal. He's dead wood.

Pick 6 + an early 2nd Rnd'r from this draft 2024. Plus the Tiges future 1st Rnd pick.
I just don't see Trac agreeing to go to a club about to go through a lengthy rebuild with their star players wanting out. Essendon is probably the only option that could satisfy both Trac and Dees. But if he doesn't want to drive an hour out to Casey, then I doubt he'd drive an hour to Tullamarine.

Hi All
Sorry for jumping in again

Have heard from good sources that if right deals are offer
Melbourne will enter a full rebuild and restructure

This includes Oliver, Trac, Pickett, May and Lever

Though Lever and May would be the least likely due to age

Don’t worry we will still have Oliver, Sparrow and Viney
What a mess this is turning into. I wish Crows would just offer Goody a 10 year deal so he'd f* off. That would give us something to cheer about at least. Hopefully Matty Whelan can fix the issues Koz has but the danger signs are real now. But both Trac and Koz are contracted. So who knows. Unless both come out and officials for a trade I'll hold hope both will stay. Who knows

Hi All

Lever is younger than Trac.

Hi All

I think a lot of us would welcome a full rebuild. As long as the coach is gone and probably a few in admin also. But I don't buy that Pert, Roffey etc would welcome a full blown rebuild. With Tas coming, it might be the best option unfortunately. I just don't see us doing it.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Ah-Mu? Not For You ❌️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back