Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
Need Alex Davies, Issac Cummings, try to reclaim Mac Andrew. All of them cost less than Houston. We are aiming the wrong way.

Get Rid of Tim Lamb, Simon Goodwin.

Need Alex Davies, Issac Cummings, try to reclaim Mac Andrew. All of them cost less than Houston. We are aiming the wrong way.

Agreed. Davies has huge upside, Cummings is free from a trade perspective.

Andrew would cost the earth I'd be much happier giving up a fair bit for him than Houston.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sheesh, I thought he meant Oskar Baker - the spuddiest of spuds.

Liam Baker? No way in hell will he ever be close to that Baker.
If Tim Lamb gives him a new contract Mich is comparing him to Oskar Baker, if Tim Lamb lets him walk Mich is comparing him to Liam Baker.

I think we are in a bit of no man's land. We cant do a 5 year rebuild because years 3 & 4 will be screwed by Tassie coming in. Is this year and next 1st round going to revamp out list if our 23 and unders are so bad?

Even if we go to the draft this year I could see us pulling one out of the hat next year and finishing top 8 and ending up with a middling pick 10-15. Right where Kolt & Jefferson landed and not much better than Bowey and Laurie...

Why top 8? - easier draw from dropping down this year, better preseason due to finishing earlier. Gawn does Gawn things, May has a injury free run, Petracca back to his best, Oliver pulls it together to at least be a shadow of his former self... Rivers, koz, McVee, JVR and Windsor take another solid step forward. Petty goes back, Viney freshens up. ANB, Langdon, Lever, Fritsch all play their roles. AMW, Kolt, Howes and co are all better for the games they got under their belt this year...

I mean, it is possible right? It would be very Melbourne to shoot ourselves on the foot. Then some retire, some drop off a cliff performance wise and we drop to bottom 4 but get crap picks anyway for a couple of years... can't attract free agents... It's grim.
Delete the names from that and swap them for names from Adelaide, Collingwood, Carlton, Gold Coast etc.

Petracca was at his best for most of this year and we sucked, max played most of the year. Oliver hasn't been elite for 2 years.
There ain't more improvement in our list than teams around us. If anything I'd bet we are worse again next year. Does 2 first rounders fix us? No but it ****ing helps more than having none

I think we are in a bit of no man's land. We cant do a 5 year rebuild because years 3 & 4 will be screwed by Tassie coming in. Is this year and next 1st round going to revamp out list if our 23 and unders are so bad?

Even if we go to the draft this year I could see us pulling one out of the hat next year and finishing top 8 and ending up with a middling pick 10-15. Right where Kolt & Jefferson landed and not much better than Bowey and Laurie...

Collingwood took that risk this year with Lachy Schultz and Freo could end with a Top 10 Pick as a result. They also have no first rounder this year and have questionable young talent outside of the Daicos brothers.

They got greedy, paid overs and now could bite them on the arse. I agree we should not do the same.

Can we give up on this vendetta just to get Mac Andrew just because we got ****ed by the draft tweaks? Not saying he wouldn't be a handy player, but doesn't seem to be moving at the moment and we just need to move on

Not aimed at you, but i've just seen so many on the socials still whinging about Mac Andrew and they need to get over it

Lukosius dropped. If we want Jack Watts back he's as close as you'll come.

Could be fun. Don't know how much he loves **** and swimming though.
No more bruise-less players, please.! This should be a 1st up Non-Negotiable.!

Love a hard contest, and from there, do they have the footy IQ... and then do they have the necessary skills.
And from that group, do the have speed.?

Have a look back at 2020/2021/2022 drafts, some guns in the pointy end of the draft but also some meh-to-bust players. Picks 10-18 even more mixed bag. Houston we know is good, has assets we could use, he's experienced, he only turned 27 a couple of months ago.
In those years, our best were all A-graders and in their prime.

Move on 4 yrs and he we are again... BUT our A-graders are near geriatrics. And one has been forced to retire early.

Realistically, how many of these players look good or likely to be good?

Pickett - yes
Rivers - yes
Turner - maybe
Laurie - no
Bowey - probably not
Woewodin - probably not
Howes - maybe
JVR - yes
McVee - yes
AMW - maybe
Farris-White - no
Jefferson - maybe
Verral - maybe
Sestan - probably not
Adams - maybe
Brown - maybe
Windsor - yes
Tholstrup - maybe
Kentfield - no

I'd say that's pretty bog average overall.
Not a single genuine A-grader, Yet. About 3 up-&-coming B+ graders who on their day can swing a game.
They look likely to get to the top of the charts, BUT a while to go. Consistency and maturity, mentally and physically.

Now those A-graders going out backwards.
A+# Gawn, 32Yrs
A+# May, 32Yrs
A# Brayshaw' finished.
----------
B+ Viney, 30Yrs,
B+ Salem, 29Yrs,
A+ Petracca, 28Yrs,
B+ Lever, 28Yrs,
B+ TMc,31Yrs,
B+ BBBrown, 31Yrs, as good as ''''.

It won't be two first picks for Houston, unless Port are sending something else back.

Assuming Tim Lamb doesn't bite his belt and bend over the barrel as he wonts to do, it will be our 2024 first pick plus a swap of later picks. Similar to the Blues/Bummers trade a few years back for Adam Saad.
I don't mind a late future 2025 1st Rnd Pick, plus a player???

But NOT P6 or P7 in this years draft.

Not a single genuine A-grader, Yet. About 3 up-&-coming B+ graders who on their day can swing a game.
They look likely to get to the top of the charts, BUT a while to go. Consistency and maturity, mentally and physically.

Now those A-graders going out backwards.
A+# Gawn, 32Yrs
A+# May, 32Yrs
A# Brayshaw' finished.
----------
B+ Viney, 30Yrs,
B+ Salem, 29Yrs,
A+ Petracca, 28Yrs,
B+ Lever, 28Yrs,
B+ TMc,31Yrs,
B+ BBBrown, 31Yrs, as good as ''''.
It's a lot of experience likely off the books (or in the Magoo's) in 1-2 years time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cornes and Brad Johnson were saying on SportsDay he thinks North should absolutely try and go for Viney.

Tom Morris now reporting North are apparently targeting Viney.

Not sure if he's putting 2 and 2 together for 5 after SportsDay or if Johnno knew something or if Clarko heard it and thought "oh yeah...."

Not sure if he's putting 2 and 2 together for 5 after SportsDay or if Johnno knew something or if Clarko heard it and thought "oh yeah...."

These seems like a big conflict of interest despite them saying Todd isn't involved

Not sure we can complain about it given Todd drafted him...
Yeah i wasn't complaining just stating a fact

Todd was a decent list manager at a smaller club, but he essentially did the same thing SOS got some shit for at Carlton and didn't cop any of the heat

It's not like $cully at least

Makes sense for North, similar to Jordan Lewis.

But this is Tom Morris so I would not place much trust in his work.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Ah-Mu? Not For You ❌️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back