Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
Guys don't just request trades then start contacting clubs, they would have already spoken to the clubs and got a yes from one of them
Also probably where it got leaked.

8:20 they really dig into us
Finally the media pile on is happening 🥰
Damo even says Gawn can say culture all he likes but this has all happened under his watch

It’s weird how the media were so slow to see this club unraveling.

At no point will I ever blame Gawn. The culture quotes are his efforts to keep this mess in house, and the job got too big for him or anyone. And I thought he could have used some actual support from certain other people, but for some reason the PR was left to him. He may be captain but the strongest person in the universe can’t control every event.

This sucks for everyone but I weep for Gawn. He is an all-time great of the club, but will fans remember first his prelim in 2021 or this mess?

I want to punch people in the head but I don’t quite know where to start. Might have to punch myself in the nose and see how it works out

It’s weird how the media were so slow to see this club unraveling.

At no point will I ever blame Gawn. The culture quotes are his efforts to keep this mess in house, and the job got too big for him or anyone. And I thought he could have used some actual support from certain other people, but for some reason the PR was left to him. He may be captain but the strongest person in the universe can’t control every event.

This sucks for everyone but I weep for Gawn. He is an all-time great of the club, but will fans remember first his prelim in 2021 or this mess?

I want to punch people in the head but I don’t quite know where to start. Might have to punch myself in the nose and see how it works out
I think he's been a great player, don't think he's an especially great leader but I respect that he's fronted up over and over for shit he should be getting help for.

I think he's been a great player, don't think he's an especially great leader but I respect that he's fronted up over and over for shit he should be getting help for.

Think he has been left out to dry in an awful way by the club, but he has done as well as he could have as a public face for MFC.

8:20 they really dig into us
Finally the media pile on is happening 🥰
Damo even says Gawn can say culture all he likes but this has all happened under his watch

Damo hit the nail on the head.

The pre recorded interview at the start of the year has completely back fired in the faces of Pert and Goodwin.

You can't be coming out and saying we've got the best culture ever then 12 months later the same issues are arising once again.

Glad they're calling it out.

Think he has been left out to dry in an awful way by the club, but he has done as well as he could have as a public face for MFC.
I would have liked him to be a more real when he was talking. Leadership isn't just rehashing club messages, I said I didn't think he'd make a great captain but Trac showed leadership having hard conversations and driving change not just reading out club statements. Gawn is just a mouthpiece at times. He shouldn't be doing it alone but I want him to say it's not good enough not just rehash goodys contest and defence were proud bullshit

I really hope whatever the poison is comes out. There’s some serious issues being covered up and it’s about ****en time it came to light and got dealt with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would have liked him to be a more real when he was talking. Leadership isn't just rehashing club messages, I said I didn't think he'd make a great captain but Trac showed leadership having hard conversations and driving change not just reading out club statements. Gawn is just a mouthpiece at times. He shouldn't be doing it alone but I want him to say it's not good enough not just rehash goodys contest and defence were proud bullshit
I don’t agree but I guess we’ve disagreed with most everything since 2014 so we’re probably okay with that.

I’ve actually found Gawn overall this year to be surprisingly upfront and honest about where the team is at.

I don’t think the early days “strong culture” stuff wasn’t rehashing messages. I think it was a desperate effort to get the media pointed in a different direction so the club could at least try to get things back together without the spotlight that was on them all preseason.

I don’t mind a spot of lying when it’s in a good cause. I do it all the time (though more often for no discernible reason at all)

I don’t agree but I guess we’ve disagreed with most everything since 2014 so we’re probably okay with that.

I’ve actually found Gawn overall this year to be surprisingly upfront and honest about where the team is at.

I don’t think the early days “strong culture” stuff wasn’t rehashing messages. I think it was a desperate effort to get the media pointed in a different direction so the club could at least try to get things back together without the spotlight that was on them all preseason.

I don’t mind a spot of lying when it’s in a good cause. I do it all the time (though more often for no discernible reason at all)
This week he said we resembled the 2020 side to him right now that went on and won the flag and that all players would be made available through the final 2 weeks. Couple days later after Trac complains the club sends Oliver away and admits there's something amiss.

I just don't think we are getting authentic Gawn we are getting club statements Gawn

Listen to what ANB says about the coach. Imagine listening to "Damo" and not one of the soldiers. ANB huge regard for the coach!! Wake up! Houston will come in and others. Lloyd happy to pile on the Demons, but not the Blues (mates with Voss?) Holy shit - we have a flag in the bag and the Blues are up shit creek. Reckon we will be ok - might even surprise next year.

This week he said we resembled the 2020 side to him right now that went on and won the flag and that all players would be made available through the final 2 weeks. Couple days later after Trac complains the club sends Oliver away and admits there's something amiss.

I just don't think we are getting authentic Gawn we are getting club statements Gawn
Oh whatever. I think he had limited choices and since has been pretty frank.

See, we do always disagree

End of 2020 the club was in pretty bad shape tbh.

End of 2020 the club was in pretty bad shape tbh.
It was too.

I’m not sure the magical session at Sorrento where everyone sits in a circle and has a truth telling session will get us over the line this time, but if it helps them as people to deal with this then I’m all for it.

I have never known to what extent Headless is joking when he says “I just hope everyone has a nice time” before matches. I totally agree regardless.

I so seldom have a nice time ever that I like to see people enjoying life.

Listen to what ANB says about the coach. Imagine listening to "Damo" and not one of the soldiers. ANB huge regard for the coach!! Wake up! Houston will come in and others. Lloyd happy to pile on the Demons, but not the Blues (mates with Voss?) Holy shit - we have a flag in the bag and the Blues are up shit creek. Reckon we will be ok - might even surprise next year.
What the flying ****

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Ah-Mu? Not For You ❌️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back