Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
Can already see us taking the kid rated 20th in draft at pick 5 because every other kid we had our eyes on said they ain’t playing for Melb. I remember Vlastuin did it back in the days.

tbf you happily took the late Harley Balic and Viv Michie. Third time lucky?

Anthony Anderson Abc GIF by HULU

This is why the player power thing needs to change, saints might get a first round compo for battle. If we could send Trac to them for 6 and 7 and give us 3 picks inside 10 this year that could launch a revival for us. Unfortunately we are either getting unders or some player who won't help us in the future.
This is my thinking. As much as it hurts to see Trac leave, he clearly wants out. We may as well bite the bullet and get as much value out of him now while he is at peak price. The reality is most of our core team is 28+. Something needs to come from this. Have a review clean the place out and start a revival under a new coach. I actually don't mind the idea of getting Buckley, I reckon he could get some sanity back into this insane asylum.

Paying 95 % of the salary cap is such a shit rule. There should be a window where you can pay whatever as long as you pay the difference within three years. That way you aren't paying massive overs for duds or front loading contracts & would also help clubs not endure decade long rebuilds.
I also believe front loading contracts is such a dangerous tactic now. With the power players seemingly have what's gonna stop a player wanting to move when they aren't earning as much near the end of their contract? Another club could come along & offer say $200,000 thousand more a season & suddenly the player feels homesick or has an issue with the club.

Paying 95 % of the salary cap is such a shit rule. There should be a window where you can pay whatever as long as you pay the difference within three years. That way you aren't paying massive overs for duds or front loading contracts & would also help clubs not endure decade long rebuilds.
I also believe front loading contracts is such a dangerous tactic now. With the power players seemingly have what's gonna stop a player wanting to move when they aren't earning as much near the end of their contract? Another club could come along & offer say $200,000 thousand more a season & suddenly the player feels homesick or has an issue with the club.
There shouldn't even be a salary floor, pay whatever you want, if you wanna short your list and pay less another club will steal your players. Having a minimum to pay just means you can never really offer enough for big stars to move them across

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope we hold him to contract if that's all that's coming back. Signed a contract last year.
I don't think we'll lose both him and Trac, if one goes the other probably gets forced to stay. I hope we keep Koz as well but you gotta weigh up there out put. Jackson was shit once he decided to go

Freo have the capital to give more than that. Koz and a 3rd for 10 and their 2025 F1.
They have the capital to pay a lot but we aren't getting two first for Koz I don't think. Never been AA or placed in the BNF, he's worth more to us than we'll get.

Freo have the capital to give more than that. Koz and a 3rd for 10 and their 2025 F1.

I think we would happily pay that.

Through in a future 2nd or 3rd to help with points for next year, and we will be very happy.

I don't expect to leave trade week with any first round picks (including next years) if we get Pickett and Bolton.

No chance we'd get two firsts with one being in the top 10. Will likely be here's pick 10 and perhaps a player and you'll be happy and like it. Its Belly we are dealing with remember.

Last edited:
No chance we'd two firsts with one being in the top 10. Will likely be here's pick 10 and perhaps a player and you'll be happy and like it. Its Belly we are dealing with remember.

I mean depends on the player - our last two big names to Freo I think we were compensated very well on, despite Bells huffing and puffing.

No chance we'd two firsts with one being in the top 10. Will likely be here's pick 10 and perhaps a player and you'll be happy and like it. Its Belly we are dealing with remember.

Rankine was traded for pick 5 uncontracted
Cerra was traded pick for 6 and a 3rd rounder uncontracted

Pickett is contracted, market dictates it will be much more than a pick 10/11

I mean depends on the player - our last two big names to Freo I think we were compensated very well on, despite Bells huffing and puffing.
The Jackson one only looked alright cause Freo underperformed the following year and I dont think anyone saw what happen to Hogan coming, if he was available right now he'd go for more than that.

The Jackson one only looked alright cause Freo underperformed the following year and I dont think anyone saw what happen to Hogan coming, if he was available right now he'd go for more than that.
Yeah 5 and 23 for Hogan.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Ah-Mu? Not For You ❌️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back