• Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
Rankine was traded for pick 5 uncontracted
Cerra was traded pick for 6 and a 3rd rounder uncontracted

Pickett is contracted
Fair points, Lachie Schultz was traded to the Pies after they just won a flag while contracted though. That pick wasn't expected to be as good as it was. People were thinking 15-18. When you consider that, Pickett for pick 10 and a player seems about right given what Schultz went for.

High quality small forwards who can play bursts through the middle have arguably never been more important
Is Koz that good in the midfield? Certainly no Bolton, goes completely missing in games. Pickett has more value to us coz hes a drawcard than he would to other clubs I reckon.

Is Koz that good in the midfield? Certainly no Bolton, goes completely missing in games. Pickett has more value to us coz hes a drawcard than he would to other clubs I reckon.
Yeah it's an interesting one. Bolton is 2.5 years older than Kozz and although Kozz has had some great games through the middle he doesn't consistently impact like Bolton has been able to do.

Kozz production for a small forward so far has been much better than Bolton. Every year but 2020 (his first year) Kozz has kicked 36 goals or more. Also puts a lot more pressure on. Bolton has had 8 years of playing and only kicked more than 36 once. Bolton obviously plays more midfield minutes and less time as a forward

The allure with Kozz is if you can get his disposals up to around 18-20 a game he will start banking AAs - which I think is possible. Hell, if we played with more speed on the footy he'd be getting up around that range I think.

Bolton also kicks heaps of behinds. In 2022 he kicked 41 goals 41 which is nuts.

Yeah it's an interesting one. Bolton is 2.5 years older than Kozz and although Kozz has had some great games through the middle he doesn't consistently impact like Bolton has been able to do.

Kozz production for a small forward so far has been much better than Bolton. Every year but 2020 (his first year) Kozz has kicked 36 goals or more. Also puts a lot more pressure on. Bolton has had 8 years of playing and only kicked more than 36 once. Bolton obviously plays more midfield minutes and less time as a forward

The allure with Kozz is if you can get his disposals up to around 18-20 a game he will start banking AAs - which I think is possible. Hell, if we played with more speed on the footy he'd be getting up around that range I think.
I dont think hes really ever going to be a reliable midfield option even as a part timer, seen a fair bit of him in there the past two years and he just doesnt impact the play enough. Get him isolated one on one in 50 with some space however and he'll make defenders shit themselves. Never gets those opportunities at Melbourne.

Two slightly different arguments going on here. Koz could be anything and I have no doubt he will be AA multiple times, as of right now asking to leave I'm not sure we will get the right value for him.
Yeah and the word coming out that he's happy to stay at Melbourne if a deal can't be done. Just seems like feelers are being put out by his management and by us to an extent. I think we probably hold him to his contract.

Yeah and the word coming out that he's happy to stay at Melbourne if a deal can't be done. Just seems like feelers are being put out by his management and by us to an extent. I think we probably hold him to his contract.
Only thing I would say is if we do get a great offer from Freo I think we maybe take it, this feels like he's gonna think about going home every year until he's gone especially if we are a shit team from now on.

Only thing I would say is if we do get a great offer from Freo I think we maybe take it, this feels like he's gonna think about going home every year until he's gone especially if we are a shit team from now on.
Yeah if he's brought this up a few times and we're actually considering blowing the list up and hoarding draft picks then as much as it pains me to say it, it actually might be the right call.

If it's an issue with lack of support around parenthood I'd throw more money at him and try to help build better support systems from the club side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we lose Trac and Koz in one off season, can't wait for Goody to aim for 0-0 draws next year 🧠

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
So another year thats all about celebrating what we do well.

I just wish we could get a new coaching group around these guys for one more year and see if we can change their minds 😢
That's the thing, we are going to lose these players because the club has opted for a slow death. I'd be shocked (mortified) if any of Goodwin, Richo, Pert or Roffey are here in 12 months anway but it'll be too late then. Get rid of them now.

That's the thing, we are going to lose these players because the club has opted for a slow death. I'd be shocked (mortified) if any of Goodwin, Richo, Pert or Roffey are here in 12 months anway but it'll be too late then. Get rid of them now.
A slow death that I reckon half, or close to half the people on here could see or were worried about happening yet no one at the club even sniffed it.

Last edited:
I just wish we could get a new coaching group around these guys for one more year and see if we can change their minds 😢

Absolutely right. It’s just madness that we’re all starting to think the best option might be get a bunch of draft picks for Trac and Kosi, because the powerbrokers at the club insist on backing in Goodwin.

i wouldn't be surprised if Fritsch wanted to be traded next. Petracca, Koz and Fritsch would have to be the most frustrated players on our list that are not able to play to their potential under Goody.
It'll be another player who can use the homesick excuse id bet.

Absolutely right. It’s just madness that we’re all starting to think the best option might be get a bunch of draft picks for Trac and Kosi, because the powerbrokers at the club insist on backing in Goodwin.
The last week has made me convince myself the list is horrible- It's actually fine, not great but fine- the issue is it's horribly horribly horribly coached by a guy who is now way out of his depth and backed by a dysfunctional and incompetent administration.

A minor tragedy occurred in this game. Through one and a bit quarters of football we'd been treated to one of the best head to head battles of the year between Lindsay and Langford, directly matched up on each other in the middle and each at the absolute top of their game. Unfortunately we lost Xavier to a suspected PCL injury, cutting short the spectacle and probably cutting short his season given how few weeks we have remaining.

In his one quarter and 4 mins of play Lindsay racked up 11 disposals and 5 clearances showing just how hot a start he'd made.

The last week has made me convince myself the list is horrible- It's actually fine, not great but fine- the issue is it's horribly horribly horribly coached by a guy who is now way out of his depth and backed by a dysfunctional and incompetent administration.

If we had a new coach next year and kept Trac and Kosi I would straight away have us as a realistic premiership chance.

We are all underrating the potential of our own list because the way we play doesn’t allow anyone to show their attacking talent and clearly nobody has any enthusiasm for playing that way anymore.

If we had a new coach next year and kept Trac and Kosi I would straight away have us as a realistic premiership chance.

We are all underrating the potential of our own list because the way we play doesn’t allow anyone to show their attacking talent and clearly nobody has any enthusiasm for playing that way anymore.
We nail the coaching selection and we'd be a chance for sure. Unfortunately not every coach has the instant impact of a McCrae or Mitchell though.

If we lose Trac and Koz in one off season, can't wait for Goody to aim for 0-0 draws next year 🧠

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
it will suddenly become clear why he has been such a sticker for playing Petty and Turner up forward when at every centre bounce, they immediately run back into defense and park the bus...

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Ah-Mu? Not For You ❌️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back