• Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:

Tim Lamb
Happy Jeff Goldblum GIF by Apartments.com

Think that’s the intent for Laurie, just doesn’t get a proper run at it.
We need someone (a small), who has a bit more foot-speed, and with elite skills... Not so much a straight line speed, but quick off the mark speed and sidestep thru traffic.
I don't watch much footy these days, so can't pick most players who can do what I'm suggesting, apart from Zorko this game on the weekend... is exactly what I'm getting at... a small under 6foot, a quarterback style, who can
run/sidestep thru the lines, IF the option is there for him.

Laurie seems to me a straight out mid. I'm unsure about him, and also his skills.?
Not sure he's quick/fleet-footed enough.?

He was originally a forward that was sent back because Geelong had a stacked forward line especially with tomahawk but would regularly cost them goals as his positioning is poor.

Port brought him in thinking he could get that right, clearly didn't so they stuck him forward.

I would be getting in someone like Ollie Lords ear. Young, showed promise as a fwd and seen himself knocked back in the pecking order. Maybe Visentini worth a look too. When big Charlie retires 1 of them will likely get a run but not both.
You know, I would rather Rattattat, than Scache or Fullarton, at this stage.

If we recruit Daniel and Membrey, I might just give up.

Delusional club.
Why wait? Give up now like I decided to do last week.

Yeah I love him for next year. Reckon he's going to get a lot of attention.
Who in the top 15 would have leg speed and also a sidestep that can get them thru heavy midfield traffic.
We need a couple of small inside-mids, with these skills, imv.

Leave the bigger mids for next year.
We still have Viney and Petracca and Rivers who are bulls.

2 Inside Line breaker Mids with class, is what we do not have... And that Zorko type quarterback role. That's 3 we need soon as possible.

None of our current defender group can hit-up a target ahead of the footy, with precision. Zorco can. We don't have him.

Even thommo and McDonald kick pretty reliably. It's all about our system and method.

No one is leading hard into space or to open up space behind them, we don't try to spread the ground at all, everyone is just jogging into positions for the long kick down the line.

More worried about setting up defensively when we actually have the ball. I actually question how good our defence is, I think it might be overrated, at least 1:1 it is, we get exposed when we can't setup properly.
When we lose Mayo, we will be in the poo.
The game is getting faster, with run and carry even more prevalent, each season.
Soon Lever will be taken to the cleaners, because he aint a one-on-one player.

Our shit kicking comes down to the 4 amigos in the guts who are meant to be our highest possession getters in Viney, Oliver, Trac and Sparrow.

Swap 2 of them out with good kicking players and we will look a different side.
We hardly ever see Viney, Oliver, Trac and Sparrow in the middle together.

We do need a couple of them at the ruck stoppages together with 2 elite smalls to run thru traffic with the ball.
4 x Mids at stoppages, 2 bulls, and a couple smalls at the fringes.

We hardly ever see Viney, Oliver, Trac and Sparrow in the middle together.
They were our top four CBA mids this year, Sugar. We see them together more than enough

1000018381.jpg

Membrey literally makes zero sense with Fritsch and Melksham on the list.
Agree totally.

I have a horrible feeling that this is what it has come to though. Plug the spaces in our cap with some rejects from other clubs. We can’t possibly be in the hunt for any of the more desirable trade targets - why on earth would they come? If I had my pick of a dozen employers, I wouldn’t even talk to our club. Good players with a future are looking for a club that can deliver them a future. We are not that club. So what we get are older players on the fringe who don’t like the contract their club is holding out, and can get a better payday from us and more years. Can’t blame them. But I hate it.

I’d like our stupid club to dispense with their stupid idea that members and supporters will jump back if we scrape finals. It’s way too late.

Blow it up - use what picks we have on random youngsters. Admit we need a big change and it’s going to be hard. Get a new coach in and see what that looks like.

I don’t give two shits if we finish 14th or whatever next year so long as I can see we are trying something. Plus I love a good debut. Could be fun if our club had some courage, and a tiny notion of what their supporters actually want to see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who in the top 15 would have leg speed and also a sidestep that can get them thru heavy midfield traffic.
We need a couple of small inside-mids, with these skills, imv.

Leave the bigger mids for next year.
We still have Viney and Petracca and Rivers who are bulls.

2 Inside Line breaker Mids with class, is what we do not have... And that Zorko type quarterback role. That's 3 we need soon as possible.

None of our current defender group can hit-up a target ahead of the footy, with precision. Zorco can. We don't have him.
Honestly, that's really a feature in this draft generally. Almost all of the top end mids are excellent at navigating through heavy traffic. Draper, Jagga, FOS, Reid in particular, but even Smillie is really light on his feat and good in traffic for a big guy.

The only guy you might question in that regard is Langford given his poor agility and 20m sprint times in pre-season.

Trying to justify us getting Membrey.

We need youth, not an over the hill mid sized forward.
I did say we should be concentrating on younger players. The positive if we did get him, is that he costs nothing and adds depth to our tall forward stocks which tbh is pretty fn thin. And I highly doubt any gun kids are knocking on our door with all the headlines atm. From what I've heard other clubs are also interested in Membrey, so who knows.

We are obsessed with bottom of the barrel trash recruits looking for a payday again.

Reminds me of the days we loaded up with blokes like Byrnes, Dawes, Rodan and Gillies all over again.

We are obsessed with bottom of the barrel trash recruits looking for a payday again.

Reminds me of the days we loaded up with blokes like Byrnes, Dawes, Rodan and Gillies all over again.
But we were pretty much cellar dwellers then. We've had a contending list last 4 years and Lamb has managed to attract nothing that has helped us improve. Not one.

But we were pretty much cellar dwellers then. We've had a contending list last 4 years and Lamb has managed to attract nothing that has helped us improve. Not one.

Lamb had the chance to bring in talent when we were in our flag window 3-4 years ago but instead he decided to call it a day and sign every bloke onto ridiculously oversized contracts.

Lamb had the chance to bring in talent when we were in our flag window 3-4 years ago but instead he decided to call it a day and sign every bloke onto ridiculously oversized contracts.
Must have got spooked by Sam McLure and Tom Scoop Morris saying all our players were going to Carlton or some sh**

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Ah-Mu? Not For You ❌️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back