Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
Don't understand the obsession with his social media accounts and his Mrs running them. I think that is absolutely nothing in a grand scheme of things.Trac and his management have just come up with a PowerPoint presentation for Perty and Goody of "Here are 30 reasons why you should allow me to leave the Melbourne Football Club" . Most of them are nothing, just used to make his list of complaints look longer than it really is.

Reality is I think there are three and they are fair enough

1. You almost killed me and my family don't like you.
2. I think the coach has lost his marbles, I'm sick of playing boring contest and defense footy but I'm too nice to tell him.
3. The club doesn't take off field issues seriously enough. Drug and alcohol culture. Not enough professionals like me.
This.

He has some pretty decent reasons to want to leave. If I want to turn off watching it must be painful to be living as your actual career. The game style slowly and obviously unfurling into an arse-saving, defensive bollock-fest to try and scape wins in more and more ugly ways is soul destroying for us, and if you are a gifted and professional player watching your peak years of potential wasted in this crap must be horrific. I feel this myself from afar, and Melbourne haven’t yet actively tried to kill me as yet. They may yet. I’m probably one more email away.

I don’t really understand what the club is doing doubling down on the Trac will be playing his best footy in Red and Blue in 2025 thing. He doesn’t want to play for us. One more dipstick in the club crapping on about how we are going to “sit down with him” and have “conversations” I will actually vomit. As far as I can make out, he has sat down and talked to the club about what he thinks is best. Apparently we are going to keep him sitting down for as long as it takes to wheel him out with a rictus grin going through the motions for next year and beyond.

Grow a ****ing brain Melbourne. Have a listen to what Nathan Buckley said this week. Concede defeat but look for opportunities.

If this was treated properly (it won’t be) the club imploding in this manner is the best thing that could happen to us. Review it properly. Make some big decisions. Clear out and clear the air and start building again right now.

This won’t happen because we will piss away at least two years trying to claw into finals as some pointless measure of success and inevitably fail.

I wish I was a member of a brave club.

Hot take: I wouldn't even worry about Tassie at the moment. Good chance they won't have even broken ground on their stadium by '27 and the team will get kicked down the road until that is well underway.

Is there any vic players Freo would willingly let go in a deal for Kozzy?
Short of any surprises of our key players wanting out, I don't see it.

Sam Switkowski the obvious one that you guys might actually want. Have been rumours of him wanting to head back home since mid year. But someone also said that he was keen on you guys but recent events have turned him away and he's decided to stay. Think it's still a wait and see.

Sam Sturt as well would've been someone of decent value for you guys, but just signed a two year extension a couple days ago allegedly.

Would've been worried about Treacy wanting to go home too if he didn't extend until 2030 a few weeks ago.

Short of any surprises of our key players wanting out, I don't see it.

Sam Switkowski the obvious one that you guys might actually want. Have been rumours of him wanting to head back home since mid year. But someone also said that he was keen on you guys but recent events have turned him away and he's decided to stay. Think it's still a wait and see.

Could Darcy end up at Geelong?

Could Darcy end up at Geelong?
Maybe in the future. Don't see either team very keen on pursuing it now.

I don't think we move on Darcy this early on after the impact he had this season. We were an infintely better team with him in it. Jackson couldn't handle solo rucking after the first 3 weeks. Getting rid of Darcy to get Pickett would be a sideway move at best, but more likely a backwards move, since we rely heavily on winning clearances for our game to work.

Is there any vic players Freo would willingly let go in a deal for Kozzy?
Also not Vic, but I think Brennan Cox would be a good option for us to trade for currency/cap space. Draper filled in more than fine for him in the first half of the year, and imo projects to be a much better player, so we wouldn't really be losing much. Meanwhile there's about a dozen teams that would be in the market for a Key Defender like him.

Not sure what you guys are like aside from May/Lever, but he's also played a few seasons as a forward.

I used to complain back in the Neeld era that the salary cap floor was stupid because we had to overpay dud players just to meet it.

If the worst comes to pass and no one wants to come to us in the next 2-3 years, how do we even get close to meeting it?

Petracca - 1.2m
Brayshaw - 700k
Pickett - 600k
ANB - 400k
Hunter - 300k
BBB - 300k
Tomlinson - 300k
Schache - 200k

Guesswork and rounded numbers, but that’s somewhere in the vicinity of 4m coming off the list. Add in 8 rookies at ~150k a pop and that’s ~2.8m in free cap space.

Would seriously have to look at front ending all deals for the next 2-3 years. Load up with kids over that period then go hard with the mother of all war chests at a few free agents as Tassie enters the competition.

Get in the ear early of Zac Bailey, Sam Walsh, Ben King, Max King, Dylan Moore and Zak Butters (all ooc free agents at end 2026) - guarantee we make 2 of them the two highest paid players in the game and see who bites.

Also not Vic, but I think Brennan Cox would be a good option for us to trade for currency/cap space. Draper filled in more than fine for him in the first half of the year, and imo projects to be a much better player, so we wouldn't really be losing much. Meanwhile there's about a dozen teams that would be in the market for a Key Defender like him.

Not sure what you guys are like aside from May/Lever, but he's also played a few seasons as a forward.
More defenders playing as key forwards just what we've been looking for.

Don’t get too excited about potential Koz trades - our club has as much as said flat out that they won’t release these poor pricks. They are doomed just like we are.

Good to see you here though! I don’t think the lurker traffic has been this high since tanking scandal! Or maybe that day in Geelong that I don’t want to discuss right now.

I used to complain back in the Neeld era that the salary cap floor was stupid because we had to overpay dud players just to meet it.

If the worst comes to pass and no one wants to come to us in the next 2-3 years, how do we even get close to meeting it?

Petracca - 1.2m
Brayshaw - 700k
Pickett - 600k
ANB - 400k
Hunter - 300k
BBB - 300k
Tomlinson - 300k
Schache - 200k

Guesswork and rounded numbers, but that’s somewhere in the vicinity of 4m coming off the list. Add in 8 rookies at ~150k a pop and that’s ~2.8m in free cap space.

Would seriously have to look at front ending all deals for the next 2-3 years. Load up with kids over that period then go hard with the mother of all war chests at a few free agents as Tassie enters the competition.

Get in the ear early of Zac Bailey, Sam Walsh, Ben King, Max King, Dylan Moore and Zak Butters (all ooc free agents at end 2026) - guarantee we make 2 of them the two highest paid players in the game and see who bites.

Don’t forget Grundys 750 odd k or so we had also and Harmes 500k.

Zac Bailey highest paid player in comp makes me feel sick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Petracca - 1.2m
Brayshaw - 700k
Pickett - 600k
ANB - 400k
Hunter - 300k
BBB - 300k
Tomlinson - 300k
Schache - 200k
Think youre a fair way under on this. Brayshaw was on closer to 900, dunno on Pickett but probably 750-800ish, ANB id say 500, BBB would definitely be more than 300 maybe double that and Tomo's deal was much richer than that when we signed him think it was closer to 600-700

In answer to your question, yes, we front end the living shit out of just about everyone cause we wont be attractive to anyone decent this offseason.

Think youre a fair way under on this. Brayshaw was on closer to 900, dunno on Pickett but probably 750-800ish, ANB id say 500, BBB would definitely be more than 300 maybe double that and Tomo's deal was much richer than that when we signed him think it was closer to 600-700

In answer to your question, yes, we front end the living shit out of just about everyone cause we wont be attractive to anyone decent this offseason.

Should just offer up 2.5m a year to Butters and 4 first rounders to Port

Reidy…Ollie Murphy, Switkowski.

Also think Brodie and Erasmus will be looking for game time.

Two I’d like to keep are Knobel and Cooper Simpson
So basically trash apart from Switkowski. Great.

Maybe in the future. Don't see either team very keen on pursuing it now.

I don't think we move on Darcy this early on after the impact he had this season. We were an infintely better team with him in it. Jackson couldn't handle solo rucking after the first 3 weeks. Getting rid of Darcy to get Pickett would be a sideway move at best, but more likely a backwards move, since we rely heavily on winning clearances for our game to work.

Stanley retiring maybe. Future first from Geelong for Darcy?

Should just offer up 2.5m a year to Butters and 4 first rounders to Port
Give up on the dream. Even if we could get him I dont think giving Butters a long term mega contract would even be smart. The way he plays along with his build I doubt he lasts.

This is why the player power thing needs to change, saints might get a first round compo for battle. If we could send Trac to them for 6 and 7 and give us 3 picks inside 10 this year that could launch a revival for us. Unfortunately we are either getting unders or some player who won't help us in the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Ah-Mu? Not For You ❌️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back