Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
Seems to be some really fair posts, mixed with a couple of angry and want heaps overs posts. Fair.

I was resigned to Kosi costing 10 + F1 but was hoping we would be able to get future 2nd or upgrades in current draft. It may end up being that still.

Some of you are talking like 10 + 27 will get it done. I’d take that deal all day!

If we traded Kozzie for only the Lachie Shultz pick 10 I would just about riot... His scoreboard impact and forward 50 pressure is elite - PLUS he is in a ****ing team that can't score and this year couldn't even get it in there at a decent clip. It is remarkable what he has been able to do.

Earlier in the year when he was going into the middle he was having a massive impact on clearances. Then he was made a stay at home forward for a large patch after Trac went down and we were unable to score. When he started getting some CBA's again later in the year we had Oliver and Viney doing nothing and an inexperienced Rivers in there.

RE: Bolton, he also has gone missing in many games, especially as Tigers started to struggle. They are both worth a top 10 pick plus another pick in the teens to early 2nd round minimum.

Seems to be some really fair posts, mixed with a couple of angry and want heaps overs posts. Fair.

I was resigned to Kosi costing 10 + F1 but was hoping we would be able to get future 2nd or upgrades in current draft. It may end up being that still.

Some of you are talking like 10 + 27 will get it done. I’d take that deal all day!
We're just conditioned to losing at this point lol.

Personally, I'd want something more like your middle paragraph. I doubt they let Koz go this year, however, and I hope they don't.

I think once the finals begin and the 24/7 news cycle turns their attention on that, there will be next to no talk on Kozzie leaving. For Trac, the likes of Max, Viney, Lever, May etc have 7 weeks before trade week starts to get him in a mindset to stay.

Not to go too much into this but pre-draft interviews definitely a wank. I remember hearing a story, think it was Hogan saying something like Neeld asked him to commentate a horse race on the spot.
To be fair, Neeld was so delusional he actually believed there was a horse race happening right in front of him.

Remember when he said we'd be the hardest team to play against?

Since when has 'nominating the club to be traded to' become an accepted norm? saying your homesick and nominating the state isn't enough? Now you can cherry pick your team as well based on other factors i.e. final bound, pay more, position played or whatever. It is a disgrace that it is just accepted.

How does it create a fair and equitable system? How do eagles rebuild if everyone nominates freo? What about Roos, Saints etc if they are always nominating the big clubs? AFL should step in as part of their equality system.

Hey guys, sorry to intrude during what's probably a sensitive time for you guys with all the fallout. Just here to gauge where you're at with the potential Kosi move like the vulture that I am.

Obviously with Bolton, we've got a lot on our plate but thankfully a bit to work with. I would imagine 9 and 10 make up the cornerstone of the two deals, with the remainder a combination of:
  • Ports first rounder
  • Our second rounder (tied to St Kilda)
  • Our future first
  • Sam Switkowski? Was a rumour of him heading back home a couple of months ago. Potentially Pick 10 and a mature replacement?
  • Tom Emmett is out of contract and a forward, but I can't really see this coming into play.
  • Will Brodie is contracted but stuck behind Fyfe.
  • Matt Taberner, Red Dot steak knives.
  • Liam Reidy, mature age ruck who played the last two rounds.
  • Karl Worner depth defender, just gotten to a point where he's useful.
  • Ollie Murphy, first year KPD, would want to be a decent portion of the trade if included imo.
  • Ethan Stanley, young mid with a lot of potential whose year was interrupted by injury.

Obviously a lot of fringe here with Switta, Brodie and Murphy probably of greatest interest but I'm not sure what your list needs are.

I just wish we could get a new coaching group around these guys for one more year and see if we can change their minds

Not sure how you guys would react to this, but would Adam Simpson be a consideration? Obviously West Coast went to shit, but that was more list management imo. Premiership coach, would demand respect and a chance for a quick refresh.

Its Belly we are dealing with remember.

It's actually not, David Walls took over last year.

Hey guys, sorry to intrude during what's probably a sensitive time for you guys with all the fallout. Just here to gauge where you're at with the potential Kosi move like the vulture that I am.

Obviously with Bolton, we've got a lot on our plate but thankfully a bit to work with. I would imagine 9 and 10 make up the cornerstone of the two deals, with the remainder a combination of:
  • Ports first rounder
  • Our second rounder (tied to St Kilda)
  • Our future first
  • Sam Switkowski? Was a rumour of him heading back home a couple of months ago. Potentially Pick 10 and a mature replacement?
  • Tom Emmett is out of contract and a forward, but I can't really see this coming into play.
  • Will Brodie is contracted but stuck behind Fyfe.
  • Matt Taberner, Red Dot steak knives.
  • Liam Reidy, mature age ruck who played the last two rounds.
  • Karl Worner depth defender, just gotten to a point where he's useful.
  • Ollie Murphy, first year KPD, would want to be a decent portion of the trade if included imo.
  • Ethan Stanley, young mid with a lot of potential whose year was interrupted by injury.

Obviously a lot of fringe here with Switta, Brodie and Murphy probably of greatest interest but I'm not sure what your list needs are.

Not sure how you guys would react to this, but would Adam Simpson be a consideration? Obviously West Coast went to shit, but that was more list management imo. Premiership coach, would demand respect and a chance for a quick refresh.

It's actually not, David Walls took over last year.
I haven’t heard of half of that lot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah definitely a lot of fringe, just trying to offer up some names of Victorians that might work in a trade. Like I said, Switkowski, Brodie, Murphy and maybe Taberner probably the only ones of interest.

What do you guys need from a list management POV?
Gelignite

Tom Emmett is pretty explosive.
It’s academic for this year because I get a strong sense that Melbourne aren’t releasing Pickett, but in terms of gaps that need filling, I’d say:

1. People who can kick. At something that is (as long as it’s not the sun)
2. People who can catch balls
3. A new coach or, if that can’t be arranged, a contract assassin
4. Back up ruck for Max. So Luke Jackson

Let me know how that goes down and then my people can talk to your people

They have the capital to pay a lot but we aren't getting two first for Koz I don't think. Never been AA or placed in the BNF, he's worth more to us than we'll get.
I think pretty much all Freo fans are unanimous in agreement that we need to give at least 10 and a F1, just because he fills such a specific need on our list. I can’t see it being done for any less than that. Only issue is we’re pushovers when it comes to trading in players, and would give all 3 firsts for Bolton of Richmond asked.

I think pretty much all Freo fans are unanimous in agreement that we need to give at least 10 and a F1, just because he fills such a specific need on our list. I can’t see it being done for any less than that. Only issue is we’re pushovers when it comes to trading in players, and would give all 3 firsts for Bolton of Richmond asked.
Just like us 🤗

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Ah-Mu? Not For You ❌️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back