Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
Again, the Trac stuff was very clearly not BS. If it had been, he would've said something much earlier and been much more definitive.

That's no slight on him – it looks like being the catalyst for change that we desperately needed. But to imply that it was all rubbish is a long way off the mark.

Exactly. So many people believing the journos were wrong and making stuff up after Trac finally released that statement.

However the two weeks of silence from Trac clearly showed he wanted out and the journos were on the mark.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Tom Morris said it's not Melbourne who offered the money and the offer is for 2025 not this year. So more bullshit on the forum
I hope we don't go all in one just 1 player. I maintain that we have a pretty promising group of 24 and under (since some have now turned that age) that we can build around but they still need several more pieces through the draft (2 mids, 1 small fwd, 1 key defender as a start).

1 player like Mac that can play anywhere doesn't really help as he can't be in 2 places at once.

Exactly. So many people believing the journos were wrong and making stuff up after Trac finally released that statement.

However the two weeks of silence from Trac clearly showed he wanted out and the journos were on the mark.

100%. Trac shit was real. Kozzie stuff was a pile on I reckon.

Either this trade period or next it will be the "potentially mass exodus of Melbournes under 23's back to WA" or some crap. Even though relatively few WA players actually request to go back once on the east coast.

A lot of nuff fans don't understand that if journos constantly made stuff up to that extent it'd be a good way to get banned from clubs.

100%. Trac shit was real. Kozzie stuff was a pile on I reckon.

Either this trade period or next it will be the "potentially mass exodus of Melbournes under 23's back to WA" or some crap. Even though relatively few WA players actually request to go back once on the east coast.
If McVee isnt signed up in the next 6 months id almost say he gone.

If McVee isnt signed up in the next 6 months id almost say he gone.

Dont think I am convinced on Mcvee as a mid, wasn’t sold on his stints in there, didn’t seem to have the break away pace or size to break tackles which resulted in him rushing his disposals.

Happy to be wrong but not sure speed or tackle breaking size is something he can develop over a pre season to rectify it.

Dont think I am convinced on Mcvee as a mid, wasn’t sold on his stints in there, didn’t seem to have the break away pace or size to break tackles which resulted in him rushing his disposals.

Happy to be wrong but not sure speed or tackle breaking size is something he can develop over a pre season to rectify it.
Agree, I still see him as more of a architect off half back where his smarts and disposal becomes an attacking weapon. He is also so good 1:1 that he does more damage to opposition there.

I think he also found that the fitness required in the middle is different. Can't sit back off a player to rest, longer sprints at maximum effort, more constant jogging around. That can take the edge off your speed and core strength. Preseason training tweak can help but also kind of just need to play midfield to build that up.

A lot of nuff fans don't understand that if journos constantly made stuff up to that extent it'd be a good way to get banned from clubs.
Most of the leaking nowadays come from player managers. They have so much control and have no allegiance to clubs. A lot of the Trac 'leaks' were from his manager who was telling everyone Trac wanted out.

Most of the leaking nowadays come from player managers. They have so much control and have no allegiance to clubs. A lot of the Trac 'leaks' were from his manager who was telling everyone Trac wanted out.
The most recent reports are that Trac was shopping himself around independent of his manager. Reckon Collingwood or Carlton leaked it initially then both Petracca's camp and people from the club started briefing the media to try and control the narrative.

Just a total mess and an ugly episode for everyone involved.

Armstrong stepped up and played a strong game to kick off Sandy's finals campaign. The Dragons dominated territory for much of the game creating a lot of opportunities for their forwards, but the strong cross winds made pinpoint disposal to leading targets difficult. Harry showed superior judgement in the air on a couple of occasions to create chances from balls floating on the breeze, and he scrapped at ground level more than we often see from him. As always, he made the most of his chances, nailing set shots in the difficult conditions and making it look easy.

The silence was deafening. Would have been easy for Trac to deny it if it was bullshit. For me the fact Trac pulled out of the interview pre Collingwood game was a big red flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's he like as a player?

VFL Showreel, R3: Wade Derksen highlights

Strong hands, huge kick: The best of Wade Derksen

VFL Showreel, R8: Wade Derksen highlights

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Ah-Mu? Not For You ❌️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back