Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
Jay Clark on triple M yesterday stated that Caleb Daniel is a "massive chance" to be at the Dees next year.
I have 100% accepted this will happen. Fits perfectly with our recent pattern of trading. Add it to the pile.

Probably won't cost a lot and prob have cap space left to soak up for the stupid 95% rule but at this stage it feels like death by a thousands cuts.

• Wears a helmet
  • Plays at half-back
Welcome back, Angus Brayshaw
Considering we only get a % of salary cap back from Angus retiring that declines each year...

it would make sense to bring in someone who is lesser % of Angus in everyway, not just stature, that will also decline further each year. Symmetry.

Bailey Dale over Caleb Daniel please

Also it's very push pull with our half back. On one hand i do think we need better kicks from half back. It wasn't just mids to the forward line this year that killed transition, but backline to midfield was just awful. As i said in gameday threads a few times, each line seems to work independently to then kick onto the next line and make it their problem. This year there was a real struggle to move the ball from half back or full back without it coming back in. That's both an exit problem, but structure problem

We absolutely need better kicks coming out of defence. We also need something to kick to up the field as well

No gun backman with elite kicking is going to bite off that inside kick if the turn over rate is constant. You can chuck a Daniels or a Houston there (For example, we're certainly not getting Houston), after a couple of games of looking stupid and having the ball sail back in, i can guarantee you the players will resort to long down the line, and if they don't Goodwin will panic and instruct it. We've already seen this with the 'elite' kicks we've drafted

What's the update on Peatling, Derkson, Konstanty etc...?
Definitely wouldn't be surprised if Derksen ends up at the Dees. Think this one has been in the works for a while.

Peatling would add some much needed midfield depth and I think would be a great pick up. He's got a few suites who are offering multiple years where as GWS have a 2 year deal on the table for him.

First I've heard of the Konstanty chat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely wouldn't be surprised if Derksen ends up at the Dees. Think this one has been in the works for a while.

Peatling would add some much needed midfield depth and I think would be a great pick up. He's got a few suites who are offering multiple years where as GWS have a 2 year deal on the table for him.

First I've heard of the Konstanty chat.
Peatling would also give us a different player in the mid, too. Hopefully we offer the most,.

lol @ Caleb Daniel

Tim Lamb just throws mud on the wall hoping anything sticks these days. Absolutely zero strategy to what he does.

lol @ Caleb Daniel

Tim Lamb just throws mud on the wall hoping anything sticks these days. Absolutely zero strategy to what he does.
Hes doing something, give him a break.

Why the hell would we trade in Daniel? It's one area of the ground we have depth in already.
Once Trac dogged us in terms of getting Houston I guess they had to go for Dan Houston from TEMU.

Guessing the overall plan has been try to improve our kicking, especially from the backline so we can rebound better from turnover. Plus, having Rivers go full time mid next year, and the options of McVee and Salem going in there I guess it makes sense in terms of us also struggling to get mids.

I mean, I don't love it by any stretch, but I can see how it's ended up being a plan.

Yes it's salary, but imo, that's Tim Lamb's fault. The whole contract is a disaster because the club knew about his ongoing struggles off field. Hey, let's throw the guy who's having massive issues off field and disrupting our culture a huge pay increase and 7 more years!! I hope the first thing Brad Green does is fire Tim Lamb. That's on the club who knew the risks involved with a contract that size.

It's not just the contract. The whole situation whether it's the clubs fault or the players(both probably) has potentially affected the culture at the club. I love Oliver and have some empathy for some of the issues he's faced, but if a club is offering 2 first round picks then we'd be absolutely mad not to take it. But yes, in the right environment like a Pies or Cats, I can see Clarry getting back to a top 10 player in the comp. Can he do it with us? Not sure.
Those long-term contracts would not happen without the say-so of the President, and the CEO.

Re Caleb Daniel; he's not a game breaker but he did have some decent games late in the year.

I hope if we do recruit him it's so we can trial Bowey forward (we can't have him and Daniel in the same back 7); plus Rivers plays permanent mid all year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Re Caleb Daniel; he's not a game breaker but he did have some decent games late in the year.

I hope if we do recruit him it's so we can trial Bowey forward (we can't have him and Daniel in the same back 7); plus Rivers plays permanent mid all year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I do hope we pick up Peatling as well, however it looks less likely.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Ah-Mu? Not For You ❌️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back