Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:

Kid is a gun and would add a point of reference in our midfield.

Would be happy to throw a pretty large contract at him.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
C'mon Tim Lamb do something!

I have a feeling Lamb is Spongebob Squarepants and we are Plankton.

Once Trac dogged us in terms of getting Houston I guess they had to go for Dan Houston from TEMU.

Guessing the overall plan has been try to improve our kicking, especially from the backline so we can rebound better from turnover. Plus, having Rivers go full time mid next year, and the options of McVee and Salem going in there I guess it makes sense in terms of us also struggling to get mids.

I mean, I don't love it by any stretch, but I can see how it's ended up being a plan.
If its a choice between Houston at 5 or Daniel at ~40 I'll take Daniel.

We absolutely need better kicks coming out of defence. We also need something to kick to up the field as well
Really?
Mcvee, Rivers, Salem, May, Bowey, Hore. All defenders who kick and kick well with Salem being the worst. It's like far from an issue we have a team loaded with good kicking defenders who's instruction is long down the line to the boundary

At GWS Riccardi was available for the final yesterday yet wasn’t selected. Another option?
Thought he'd re-signed recently? Would be handy but might cost a bit.

Overall though need to play faster mire aggressive or we may as well bring back Neita to stand down the line to get bombed on.

Really?
Mcvee, Rivers, Salem, May, Bowey, Hore. All defenders who kick and kick well with Salem being the worst. It's like far from an issue we have a team loaded with good kicking defenders who's instruction is long down the line to the boundary
As i said with the rest of my post and even the part you highlighted. We're off up the ground as well with what we kick too, and i also said the long kicks are instructed and even when or if they're not, they're defaulted back too for a couple of reasons i reckon

Billings, Hunter, Daniel, Dunstan, Schache, McAdam, Fullarton, Grundy. Our recruitment has been ****ing shit lately. That's the most boring list in the AFL ever written
Meanwhile, Hawthorn have added Amon, Chol, D’Ambrosio, Ginnivan and Meek for beans and are about to get Barrass and Battle too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meanwhile, Hawthorn have added Amon, Chol, D’Ambrosio, Ginnivan and Meek for beans and are about to get Barrass and Battle too.
I think that really shows that your system and how you play is critical in how players perform. All those guys have some limitations and/or behaviour issues that had seen them stuck behind others at their club.

Basically, if they had come to use they probably would have been shit.

Really?
Even thommo and McDonald kick pretty reliably. It's all about our system and method.

No one is leading hard into space or to open up space behind them, we don't try to spread the ground at all, everyone is just jogging into positions for the long kick down the line.

More worried about setting up defensively when we actually have the ball. I actually question how good our defence is, I think it might be overrated, at least 1:1 it is, we get exposed when we can't setup properly.

Billings, Hunter, Daniel, Dunstan, Schache, McAdam, Fullarton, Grundy. Our recruitment has been ****ing shit lately. That's the most boring list in the AFL ever written
We're clearly aiming for the 2018 flag. West Coast won't know what hit them

Our shit kicking comes down to the 4 amigos in the guts who are meant to be our highest possession getters in Viney, Oliver, Trac and Sparrow.

Swap 2 of them out with good kicking players and we will look a different side.
Oliver and Sparrow 100% agree.

Viney has become reasonable in the last couple of seasons.

Trac is a decent kick, certainly a long kick that gets there quick which is a real weapon in today's footy, one of the league leaders for goal assists (amazing considering he plays for us).

Problem is he is too often kicking under pressure because of the way we setup, i.e. don't shepherd or block for each other, don't spread, deliberately try to keep it close and contested.

If we were serious about getting him; Oliver, probably would’ve got us the draft currency to get us over the line. We wimped out on that one.
I don’t think anyone was coughing up the currency required when it came to Oliver last year. I think clubs were sniffing around to get him for a bargain and with us copping a heap of his $.
This year could be different if we wanted to trade Oliver.

Caleb Daniel is exactly who Tim Lamb would love. He'd think that's a massive get. Fits right in with our last few years of trading lol

I think that really shows that your system and how you play is critical in how players perform. All those guys have some limitations and/or behaviour issues that had seen them stuck behind others at their club.

Basically, if they had come to use they probably would have been shit.
The hawks guys were all targeted because they suit their game, **** knows why we targeted any of our trades.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Ah-Mu? Not For You ❌️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back