Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
Thought he'd re-signed recently? Would be handy but might cost a bit.

Overall though need to play faster mire aggressive or we may as well bring back Neita to stand down the line to get bombed on.
Riccardi did re-sign in 2023 to the end of 2026, but it’s more that the Giants are favouring 34 year old mediocre O’Keefe at the pointy end of the season. Cadman has really started to develop too.

Contracts these days seem to be more to protect the club from losing a player for severe unders. Players don’t seem willing to honour the contracts.

It’s hard to see the Giants losing both Derksen and Riccardi though. O’Keefe must close to retirement too.

Last edited:

Langford and his Stingrays team were on fire in the opening quarter. Left free to do his thing at stoppage he dominated, generating 4 clearances and getting on the end of other possession chains to drive his team forward as they built a solid lead. He was significantly subdued for the next two quarters as he was assigned a marker at stoppage who fought for front position and to block his run at the footy, and Gippsland lifted overall to fight their way back into the game. Fortunately for Dandenong, Langford was able to again find a way to influence the contest in the final quarter, playing an important role in a tight back and forth tussle that ended with the Stingrays finishing on top.

Langford and his Stingrays team were on fire in the opening quarter. Left free to do his thing at stoppage he dominated, generating 4 clearances and getting on the end of other possession chains to drive his team forward as they built a solid lead. He was significantly subdued for the next two quarters as he was assigned a marker at stoppage who fought for front position and to block his run at the footy, and Gippsland lifted overall to fight their way back into the game. Fortunately for Dandenong, Langford was able to again find a way to influence the contest in the final quarter, playing an important role in a tight back and forth tussle that ended with the Stingrays finishing on top.

Ah Mu at 0:30, jesus he's huge.

Pretty convinced that he is gone before our pick unless with move up the board. Might even go pick 1 to tigers I reckon.

How did the NGA guys look? Believe we had a few playing for the power.

Struggled a little more than we're used to seeing in the opening term when played in a defense under heavy siege from a rampant Stingrays. Moved forward for the final three quarters he was a dangerous target as the Power got back into the contest, throwing himself bravely at everything in the air, applying excellent defensive pressure with hard tackles and bumps, and hitting the scoreboard for a couple of goals. Gippsland's wayward goal kicking cost them dearly in this game and unfortunately Tauru contributed to that.

Pretty convinced that he is gone before our pick unless with move up the board. Might even go pick 1 to tigers I reckon.

How did the NGA guys look? Believe we had a few playing for the power.
We had Ricky Mentha who was playing for Gippsland power. Started really well before hurting his knee and needing to sit out for the rest of the game.

Would we?
You’re saying if someone said we should go for Ginni, Amon or D’ambrosio at the time they were seeking a trade we wouldn’t go “no thank you, not what we need”?

Of course now we’d love them… but at the time we wouldn’t have.

Last edited:
Would we?
I recall people or maybe one person - forget who - that said they didn’t want Chol. I’d cheerfully take that lot, and Hawks did pretty good deals for them and didn’t lose too many useful picks.

You’re saying if someone said we should go for Ginni, Amon or D’ambrosio at the time they were seeking a trade we wouldn’t go “no thank you, not what we need”?

Of course now we’d love them… but at the time we wouldn’t have.

I recall people or maybe one person - forget who - that said they didn’t want Chol. I’d cheerfully take that lot, and Hawks did pretty good deals for them and didn’t lose too many useful picks.
Can't speak for others but 🎓

1725855183607.png

*Although Henry ended up going to the Saints in the end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bailey Smith has requested a trade , hasn't named a club. I hope its not us.

Backing the best culture Gary Pert has seen in 40 years to turn him around :moustache:

He's not naming Geelong because they are still playing Finals

Even thommo and McDonald kick pretty reliably. It's all about our system and method.

No one is leading hard into space or to open up space behind them, we don't try to spread the ground at all, everyone is just jogging into positions for the long kick down the line.

More worried about setting up defensively when we actually have the ball. I actually question how good our defence is, I think it might be overrated, at least 1:1 it is, we get exposed when we can't setup properly.
Yes teams kick the ball out in front to who ever Lever is on.

Completely agree. I don't hate Chandler and Spargo but we need more speed and pressure and skill from smaller forwards.

Rosas from the Suns would be a good cheap get; I'd love to explore a Rachelle trade if he wasn't happy at the Crows.

The main issue for me though is Goody plays so many slow tall forwards. Petty, JVR, Fritsch, Turner and Melk most of the later parts of the year.

It's a joke on so many levels.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
More than small forwards, we need a small running mid like a Zorko mold or a Caleb Serong, Liam Baker type, who can weave thru heavy traffic and lower eyes & have the foot skills to hitup our forwards in space.

Meanwhile, Hawthorn have added Amon, Chol, D’Ambrosio, Ginnivan and Meek for beans and are about to get Barrass and Battle too.
The Hawks have gone back to the future, in so many ways.
Almost 80's - 90's style.

They have a play-on run & carry type game, with the right types of players for this.
I guess this has been the way I've been hoping our recruiting would take us to.
And why i wanted us to draft Caleb Windsor.

And we need IMV, many more with speed and run and carry intuition. Play-on take it on types. More-so than tall forwards, and small-forwards.

We have Chins, who has been doing well in a role where he plays more-so a small, defending around the half-back line and helping thru the middle.
He could become a more attacking mid, if given the freedom to do that. He has a very creative side and hard running, and is tough as.

Last edited:
More than small forwards, we need a small running mid like a Zorko mold or a Caleb Serong, Liam Baker type, who can weave thru heavy traffic and lower eyes & have the foot skills to hitup our forwards in space.

Think that’s the intent for Laurie, just doesn’t get a proper run at it.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Ah-Mu? Not For You ❌️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back