List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Early Draft Poll Added

Who do you want with Pick 5 (6)?

• Luke Trainor (194cm, Key Defender, Sandringham Dragons)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bo Allan (191cm, Midfielder/Defender, Peel Thunder)

• Tobie Travaglia (187cm, Defender, Bendigo Pioneers)

• Taj Hotton (182cm, Forward/Midfielder, Sandringham Dragons)

• Alix Tauru (191cm, Key Defender, Gippsland Power)

• Trade the pick (let Lamb burn the place to the ground)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Lachie Hunter (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hawks traded Brissy's second rounder this year for Chol. We traded our second rounder this year for McAdam 🙃
You and me said we should have gone after Chol last offseason but no one wants to listen :(

I wouldn't say doing him I'd say doing us a favour, bloke doesn't wanna be here and tries to leave multiple times I say piss him off. Can't have that stink around the locker room.

I reckon he can, Ben McKay still made 900k or whatever without being that good at North. Heaps of clubs would still take him as a FA after his deal, I think we just get a deal done and **** him off. In reality he's had two good seasons as a back and a handful of good games as a forward. He's not that valuable anyway
Hes a defender, no doubt in my mind people wouldnt be talking about him like hes a dud if we played him in his natural position. Could easily be having the year TMac is if not better. Amazing how both of Tmac and Petty look shot as KPFs hey, ALMOST like we dont know how to use a forward line. :think:

Hes a defender, no doubt in my mind people wouldnt be talking about him like hes a dud if we played him in his natural position. Could easily be having the year TMac is if not better. Amazing how both of Tmac and Petty look shot as KPFs hey, ALMOST like we dont know how to use a forward line. :think:
Difference between what we think he could be vs his output though, we can't sit at the table and say he's an elite key defender then play him as a crap forward all year

Difference between what we think he could be vs his output though, we can't sit at the table and say he's an elite key defender then play him as a crap forward all year
I said it on the trade board, if someone traded for him this year at his current price and played him as a KPD next year they will get an epic return on investment. I know wed get **** all back now, we have driven his trade value into the ground this year, sort of like what we did with Grundy. MFC the kings of self sabotage.

If you can find a great KPF they're fun to watch but I reckon we'd be wasting capital trying to bring one in over other needs. They really are a cream position these days. Just find someone who can be serviceable and actually move properly.

It's why I was so keen on Chol last year.

No chance Bolton gets traded imo.

Yeah I'm not saying we have to chase a gun forward, they rarely change clubs anyway, but just someone good enough that they'd be best 22 for us. If we want to improve the forward connection then we need to have a stable lineup.

Would be very surprised if Bolton gets traded too, but we can dream hey? Would be a great fit for us attributes wise.

I said it on the trade board, if someone traded for him this year at his current price and played him as a KPD next year they will get an epic return on investment. I know wed get **** all back now, we have driven his trade value into the ground this year, sort of like what we did with Grundy. MFC the kings of self sabotage.
Which is exactly why I'd just hold him to contract and play him as a defender next year.

You and me said we should have gone after Chol last offseason but no one wants to listen :(
Hey :embarrassedv1:

Apparently Mabior Chol may be looking for a new home, so there's another option that won't cost the world. 44 goals last year and isn't too bad in the ruck. Still only 26, too.

That's a decent enough forward group to work with next year. If we could add a solid forward/ruck like Chol, I'd be more than comfortable with that.

I wouldn't have minded us going for Chol, but who knows, maybe we asked the question and got rejected.

Still would've liked us to pursue Chol as an interim measure

Had we added a Chol type, I would've been more than happy.

Yeah I'm not saying we have to chase a gun forward, they rarely change clubs anyway, but just someone good enough that they'd be best 22 for us. If we want to improve the forward connection then we need to have a stable lineup.

Would be very surprised if Bolton gets traded too, but we can dream hey? Would be a great fit for us attributes wise.
If Bolton did want to leave we'd have to pay him Oliver/Petraacca money and give away at least 2 first rounders to Richmond. Probably have to trade Oliver out for it to work. Which I wouldn't hate but at that point just embrace the rebuild.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey...

"Bundle up picks from Tomlinson and Harmes trades, plus maybe that future 3rd, to GC for Chol."

Bolton's about as much of a 'cherry on top' player as there is though. Just look at his form this year with a struggling team around him.

I don't think we're a great side just having a 'down year' at this point. We're a declining side that needs to be realistic about where we're at. Bolton would cost a ton of money and draft capital – were we legit contenders, then sure, but he'd struggle in our current lineup.

Bolton's about as much of a 'cherry on top' player as there is though. Just look at his form this year with a struggling team around him.

I don't think we're a great side just having a 'down year' at this point. We're a declining side that needs to be realistic about where we're at. Bolton would cost a ton of money and draft capital – were we legit contenders, then sure, but he'd struggle in our current lineup.

I won't get into the whole 'where we're at' thing as that's probably for another board, but I reckon Bolton with Viney, Oliver, Petracca, Kozzy, Rivers around him is ooft.

While we are flexing from that thread....

View attachment 2036534
I said the same thing about Billings, never gonna be a gun but you bring him in because your gonna have space in the half forward area and transition for him to use his kicking skills. Why the **** you'd recruit him and McAdam and then panic and switch back to a contested style which makes them completely useless shows how thin the planning is at Melbourne

Speaking of Chol :eyes:

View attachment 2036514

McDonald is younger sure, but considering the offers he's getting you'd probably be wanting a bit more bang for your buck.

Yeah looks like a lot of us were keen on Chol last year. No idea why we didn't seem to have a crack there.

To be fair though, Chol is 27 and at his peak, McDonald is probably 2-3 years away from that. Plus, Chol has no competition this year as primary forward with Mitchell out, McDonald has Amartey and McLean as options as well to share with.

Absolutely 0 doubt for me that McDonald will have better stats than Chol at the same age when he gets there.

I said the same thing about Billings, never gonna be a gun but you bring him in because your gonna have space in the half forward area and transition for him to use his kicking skills. Why the **** you'd recruit him and McAdam and then panic and switch back to a contested style which makes them completely useless shows how thin the planning is at Melbourne
We love to be short sighted and panic, its what we do.

We love to be short sighted and panic, its what we do.
Melbourne should hire some of us, I thought we were just flogs on a forum, now I see we are flogs on a forum who know what's happening at the club better than the 'professionals'

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Early Draft Poll Added

Back