List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Why's that?
He's not the best tall, and we need high quality mids, and tall backs to replace those we're falling behind.

Better run & carry players coming thru the midfield who can spot up targets and deliver lace out.

The Neales', the 'Merretts', Liam Baker is dynamic running thru between the arcs, thru the corridor.

Our problems scoring, aren't from a lack of marking deep forward, but the slowness we bring the ball up from HBF. and ability to lower eyes and hit players in space inside f50.

Oli doesn't do this well, because i think he's lazy. And players like fritta are too shy to impose themselves physically.

Petracca can do this, but we need some elite runners who will be strong inside packs as well from the HBLine. Bringing it forward.

He's not the best tall, and we need high quality mids, and tall backs to replace those we're falling behind.

Better run & carry players coming thru the midfield who can spot up targets and deliver lace out.

The Neales', the 'Merretts', Liam Baker is dynamic running thru between the arcs, thru the corridor.

Our problems scoring, aren't from a lack of marking deep forward, but the slowness we bring the ball up from HBF. and ability to lower eyes and hit players in space inside f50.

Oli doesn't do this well, because i think he's lazy. And players like fritta are too shy to impose themselves physically.

Petracca can do this, but we need some elite runners who will be strong inside packs as well from the HBLine. Bringing it forward.
Agree with all this, however the question was would you do King for Oliver straight up? In a vacuum its a yes, even if only for the ability to swap contracts. King's runs out in 2026

Unfortunately we have Tim Lamb in charge of the list, so we're screwed.
Well our recruiters are under the watch of our supporters now, because we are back to where we were around 2019ish.

Our most senior best players are on the way down now... and our next best lot are 24 & unders.
We need to bridge that gap with real talent, and draft kids at the same time. The only way to do that that I can see, is to sell some.

the question was would you do King for Oliver straight up?
No. I wouldn't. ah I see the contracts... yeah well the contract on Oli probabl doesn't work for a player like his personality type.

Would I do a long contract for a Maysie type, every-time, because he always wants to deliver. Same with Zac Merett, Lachie Neale types... Petracca types.

These types are not gamblers, but are genuine hard workers. with total class.

Nope. We would have to get a high pick coming back, if we trade Oli for another player.
Say Baker plus a end 1st Rnd pick.
Why's that?

You wouldn't straight swap Oliver for Daicos?

What I would like to see happen this trade period.

We bring in Battle on a contract to get him over the line, ahead of opponent in the race. Even with 1.5Mill or more in his 1st Yr.

Saints get at least one Band one pick, following they're Pick 4, say they have picks 4 & 5.

We then trade Oli and our 1st Rnd pick, for Saints picks 4 & 5, and they're P29. Or similar to this.

Has King ever lasted a whole season without getting injured.? ( the saints version)
I think his brother Ben is much better than Max.

But still, tall forwards are struggling in today's footy when playing deep. More mobile tall forwards do a lot better like Curnow playing outside the F50.

Our own JvR is doing better than M King.

This is why I think we need to replace L Jackson with a like for like 200cm mobile tall who has guts, and likes to play as a tall and clunk marks around the ground... especially between the arcs. Can go forward to lend a had, and split the packs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did that boy say to give Josh Battle 1.5m or more his first year?

No he said what's the rattle

Last edited:
I think his brother Ben is much better than Max.

But still, tall forwards are struggling in today's footy when playing deep. More mobile tall forwards do a lot better like Curnow playing outside the F50.

Our own JvR is doing better than M King.

This is why I think we need to replace L Jackson with a like for like 200cm mobile tall who has guts, and likes to play as a tall and clunk marks around the ground... especially between the arcs. Can go forward to lend a had, and split the packs.
Good luck finding another Jackson.

Good luck finding another Jackson.
Yes, agree, but we have to be looking for that type forward ruck.. clubs won't let this type go if they're any good.

I think we are better looking to trade a number 1 ruck in... but the mobile number 2 forward/ruck, we should be looking to the draft.
And keep looking and drafting until we find one.

I think having that special combo is a key to premierships.

Because they are looking for an A grader, inside Mid. As are the tigers.

Oli has shown in his career he has the tools to be that elite inside bull. There is no gamble in this for these clubs. He is proven.

We have others to do this job. for the moment.
I mean, there is a pretty monumental gamble given the last 12 months and the contract at play.

And the state of those clubs' development.

Oli has shown in his career he has the tools to be that elite inside bull. There is no gamble in this for these clubs. He is proven.

No gamble? Wowee.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He's proven but he hasn't shown it in 2 years. Compound that with his personal issues.

If he was genuinely up for trade then I doubt there are many takers for a top 15 pick.

Yes, agree, but we have to be looking for that type forward ruck.. clubs won't let this type go if they're any good.

I think we are better looking to trade a number 1 ruck in... but the mobile number 2 forward/ruck, we should be looking to the draft.
And keep looking and drafting until we find one.

I think having that special combo is a key to premierships.
After the Grundy experiment I doubt we can get a number 1 ruck to come , better off looking in the draft while picking up a scrubber to trade in .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back