Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
I havenā€™t heard that rumour! Interesting though.

Pretty sure Phillips was pick 3 and now canā€™t get a game with north (if Iā€™m correct)
Maybe a change is what he needs.

I watched Moyle in his last game and I think he did pretty well.

Berry would definitely improve our midfield
Phillips would be worth a punt. Don't mind that suggestion. Would love Callaghan but we'd have to give up far too much.

I'd still get in Humphrey's ear as well. Struggling a little. We are right into him. Perfect fit for our list.

Definitely need to add to the midfield, just saying IMO that's easier (and cheaper from a trade perspective) to do than adding key position players, especially forwards.

I reckon we can absolutely (finally) add a high quality key forward to partner with JVR AND add to the midfield. It's not either/or.
We have too many holes now. Our window to get a couple of quality forwards was the last 3 years!! Club couldn't deliver. Now priority is probably mid depth and key back. We'd have to pay way overs for a quality key forward now.

Interesting seeing Logan Morris kick another 3 tonight. Kicked multiple goals a few times now.

Shame Lamb traded out picks 27 and 35 for nothing because we didnā€™t rate anyone like Morris outside of the first round last year. Rather throw our eggs into the Schachie, Fullerton, Kentfield, Farris-White, Turner, Jefferson, Petty, BBB basket.

I havenā€™t heard that rumour! Interesting though.

Pretty sure Phillips was pick 3 and now canā€™t get a game with north (if Iā€™m correct)
Maybe a change is what he needs.

I watched Moyle in his last game and I think he did pretty well.

Berry would definitely improve our midfield

wow! a former 3rd overall pick? we can't let this opportunity slip

296351.png

if Phillips can't get a kick at North then I am not sure he has much to offer at AFL level

Lamb is head of list management. Goody can want someone all he likes. But Lamb has final say and does the wheeling and dealing. If coaches were in charge of list management, most clubs would be f*d. Lamb has done an appalling job in the last few years. I'd put him in the gun just as much as Goodwin.
Im not saying hes been great, was just responding to your sob story for the coaches.. Goodwin has just as much say if not more in who we recruit. As ive always said, if you want to blame Lamb solely for anything blame him for the terrible contracts hes handed out. Brayshaw and Oliver's were inexcusable given what is now known, TMac's and Brown's also ****ing dreadful.

Interesting seeing Logan Morris kick another 3 tonight. Kicked multiple goals a few times now.

Shame Lamb traded out picks 27 and 35 for nothing because we didnā€™t rate anyone like Morris outside of the first round last year. Rather throw our eggs into the Schachie, Fullerton, Kentfield, Farris-White, Turner, Jefferson, Petty, BBB basket.
A player you mentioned exactly 0 times pre draft. giphy.gif

Im not saying hes been great, was just responding to your sob story for the coaches.. Goodwin has just as much say if not more in who we recruit. As ive always said, if you want to blame Lamb solely for anything blame him for the terrible contracts hes handed out. Brayshaw and Oliver's were inexcusable given what is now known, TMac's and Brown's also ****ing dreadful.
Sob story?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Morris looks very handy. Don't worry, we have McAdam :)

Campaigner how many times does it need to be repeated that he wouldn't have been available with our picks.

Campaigner how many times does it need to be repeated that he wouldn't have been available with our picks.

Why couldnā€™t we have traded up for him using a future pick? Its not like itā€™s a strategy we donā€™t like to do.

Hell, at the rate he is going we wouldā€™ve been better taking him at our original pick 18 anyway.

Why couldnā€™t we have traded up for him using a future pick? Its not like itā€™s a strategy we donā€™t like to do.
Lol what how can you bitch and moan about us trading up the draft only to suggest we do exactly that?

Lol what how can you bitch and moan about us trading up the draft only to suggest we do exactly that?

Trading up for run of the mill inside mid with trash disposal who canā€™t get a game ahead of Billings, Laurie, Sparrow or Chandler = bad

Trading up for key forward we desperately need = good

Isnā€™t that hard to work out the difference

Throwing one bloke into the forward line won't make ** all difference when the midfield and backline are falling apart. Logan McDonald probably comes in an kicks 40-50 goals. Won't make ** all difference to the mess out teams in meanwhile we won't be able to add to the midfield of defence meaningfully for 2 more years and then Tassie comes in
Spot on, imagine thinking Logan McDonald is going to fix our issues. I like the guy but 2 goals a game under this coaching staff and with who he has kicking him the ball seems generous.

We have too many holes now. Our window to get a couple of quality forwards was the last 3 years!! Club couldn't deliver. Now priority is probably mid depth and key back. We'd have to pay way overs for a quality key forward now.

Battle is an UFA.
Plenty of mids around we can get.
Getting McDonald would mean our primary key forward stocks are sorted for 10 years. It's not like we're saying top up with Tom Lynch, or resurrect Tomahawk, we're talking about a 22 year old.

There's your 2024 trade/draft plan.

I don't know why people think we can't do more than one thing?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread šŸ—‘šŸ”„

Remove this Banner Ad

Back