List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Gold Coast’s emerging ruckman Ned Moyle says Damien Hardwick’s arrival played a huge part in him signing a new four-year deal as he ignored interest from clubs including Collingwood, Melbourne and Adelaide.

The Herald Sun can reveal Moyle has knocked back rival offers to stay loyal despite co-captain Jarrod Witts signing a new two-year deal earlier in the season.

Smart play by him. Witts is closer to the end than Gawn and the Suns are closer to contending than us.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Who's next then?

For a ruck option, we need a younger one who is ok to play second fiddle for one or two more years when Max is still going strong. Ideally they can play forward when needed.

Fullarton fit this mould but seems to be a way off the mark in the VFL.

Nick Bryan from the Dons is my preferred option. I also like Hayden McLean. Bailey Williams is a decent option too, especially if the Eagles land English.

For a ruck option, we need a younger one who is ok to play second fiddle for one or two more years when Max is still going strong. Ideally they can play forward when needed.

Fullarton fit this mould but seems to be a way off the mark in the VFL.

Nick Bryan from the Dons is my preferred option. I also like Hayden McLean. Bailey Williams is a decent option too, especially if the Eagles land English.

I like all three of who you put as an option.

Good to see footy classified getting stuck into our list management these last few years. Absolute arrogance (or laziness) whoever decided our 2021 list was good enough moving forward and our strategy should be to just lock everyone onto long term contracts.

Realistically we need to just reset and try draft the best KPP talent we can. Hopefully in 2-3 years as they start to develop we can wrap around a few good mids who take less time to develop and go from there.

I’m still shitty we didn’t draft Curtin, Caddy or O’Sullivan over the Jayden Hunt clone who can’t hit a target and almost lost us the match against North with his dumb 50s.

Last edited:
DO SOMETHING TIM LAMB crew to ignore that he had a crack here and keep pretending he doesn't try to trade.

Bloke is doing a shit job but he still has a go. Got nothing to sell unfortunately.

DO SOMETHING TIM LAMB crew to ignore that he had a crack here and keep pretending he doesn't try to trade.

Bloke is doing a shit job but he still has a go. Got nothing to sell unfortunately.

He had Petty and Oliver to sell last year. Instead we decided to tell everyone we loved Oliver and play him every match despite him being unable to run out a quarter.

Last edited:
He had Petty and Oliver to sell last year. Instead we decided to tell everyone we loved Oliver and play him every match despite him being unable to run out a quarter.
I mean got nothing to sell at the club to convince good players to come here. No home, bad coaches, etc.

If you really think he is the one who decided to keep Petty and Oliver you're kidding yourself. Lots of people would be involved in that.

I also think the KPD issue can be somewhat fixed with Petty, but no idea if we keep him or not.
💯, just Goodwin being a stubborn w***er at this point. Wanting to be proven right. We have nobody on our list other than Petty who can fill in for May. Get him back in the backline and build his confidence back up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here is my revised Wish list

Nick Bryan

Ben Hobbs

Josh Battle

Finn Callaghan

Hayden Mclean.

Maybe Bailey Williams from WC.

Last edited:
I mean got nothing to sell at the club to convince good players to come here. No home, bad coaches, etc.

If you really think he is the one who decided to keep Petty and Oliver you're kidding yourself. Lots of people would be involved in that.

We had cap space from Grundy and Harmes leaving and were in our flag window. If that’s not something to sell then we are in trouble now.

Tim Lamb is the list manager, if the buck doesn’t stop with him than he should just depart now as obviously he doesn’t have the respect and trust of the club to do his job properly and make list decisions.

Bit out of left-field, but could we trade a disgruntled Petracca to the Robodogs for Rory Lobb?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back