List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

For a ruck option, we need a younger one who is ok to play second fiddle for one or two more years
I want us to replace L Jackson like for like... a 200 cm really mobile tall, who is great below his knees. Not afraid of the physical.
Has to be naturally strong over head marking.

We can go back decades and find these types, who are wrecking balls and who make telling impacts in big matches. and in finals.

Clark Keating, Paddy Ryder, Brad Ottens, etc... and atmo, DeKoning is a hybrid of this type I'm referring to.
This type for our 2nd ruck. I'd like this player to be our 2nd tall forward, & 2nd ruck.
JvR can be our main key forward.

This gives us some time to develop, or recruit/trade a number one ruck.

We are into him tho. One of 2-3 clubs in the mix but recent reports suggest he's leaning to the hawks.

You wouldn't blame him either.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Imagine him meeting with goody and listening to 30 minutes ift talk about our environment and contest and defence while Clayton Oliver's playing with a toy car set on the floor and knowing we are just about to rebuild

Cal Twomey seems to be generally on the money. Sounds like Battle is hawks bound. Hawks in my opinion have probably gone a little too well too quickly. Reckon they could do with another top 5 pick. Looks unlikely for them. But bringing in free agents like Battle helps. Nick Watson doesn’t necessarily look like he’ll be elite. Early days though.

We are into him tho. One of 2-3 clubs in the mix but recent reports suggest he's leaning to the hawks.

You wouldn't blame him either.

Watch Tim Lamb have an offseason where we end up with Lobb and an unknown spud from Gold Coast and spin it like we've nailed trade period and improved our list.

After the past few seasons of shit boring football and how we treated Grundy why would anyone of substance want to come here seriously? I bet McAdam already wishes he never did too. How could you possibly trust these coaches to get the most out of you?

Battle going to the Hawks over us is a no brainer. If you're coming here you're coming coz the money is a lot more than what others are offering and that's it.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah have a crack Dees, imagine the sales pitch

Goody: "Hey Logan, do you enjoy playing as a pressure forward, leading backwards, unbelievably terrible delivery, fighting for contested pack marks in a crowded 50, slow ball movement and no easy goals? Yes, I thought you'd like that!"

Tim Lamb: "How about we offer you 1m per year for the next 7 years? But thats not all, if you manage to average 1 goal and 2 tackles a game we will give you our special 200k bonus for replicating the great Chris Dawes"

.... forward line fixed.....

season 10 episode 13 GIF

Every player we recruited these past 3 years is stuck in the 2s, no training ground, we are on the decline, cooked the Grundy situation, play boring as batshit footy and don’t even have any nous to give a bloke playing his debut more than 5 minutes on the field while prioritising fat blokes who get more clangers and FA than touches because we are proud of them as a person.

But yeah we got “culture” so get ready for all the stars to be lining up to come to the Dees.

For a ruck option, we need a younger one who is ok to play second fiddle for one or two more years when Max is still going strong. Ideally they can play forward when needed.

Fullarton fit this mould but seems to be a way off the mark in the VFL.

Nick Bryan from the Dons is my preferred option. I also like Hayden McLean. Bailey Williams is a decent option too, especially if the Eagles land English.

Why do we need to trade for a ruck when we have Verral developing nicely?

I actually say give Tim Lamb the year off. There is no one on the market that makes us significantly better. We have a good young core coming through. Use picks for anyone traded out to find some diamonds in the rough or move up the draft board.

Hit the draft, trust our very good drafters to get it right again.

We need to be realistic - we will be lucky to play finals this year and next, but we have some really good kids coming through that need experience. We need add to those stocks before my new team comes in and guts the draft.

Why do we need to trade for a ruck when we have Verral developing nicely?

Is he though? He's doing average to ok in the vfl from all reports but still has time and is still no certainty to be an AFL quality ruck.

We recruited Fullarton to be that mid-age ruck but he's shit, so I think we need find a better option behind Max.

Is he though? He's doing average to ok in the vfl from all reports but still has time and is still no certainty to be an AFL quality ruck.

We recruited Fullarton to be that mid-age ruck but he's shit, so I think we need find a better option behind Max.

No we don't, we'll just trade for some b donkey when max retires. No one's coming here while Max is a thing and Fullerton is in the magoos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back