List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – where everybody gets a ludicrously long extension!

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been heavily into the Oliver bashing this year, but I'll disagree on the top point.

Is Trac a better player than Oliver? Absolutely, it's not even a question at this point. Was he clearly better than Oliver over the entire 2021 season? I'd argue that he wasn't.

Think a bit of recency bias is creeping in here – Oliver was unreal in 2021 (as was Trac), but over the 2021 and 2022 seasons collectively, I'd argue that Oliver was our best player and easily top-five in the comp.

I disagreed with this at the time, thus the whole port Adelaide wines pisstake thing which said before the 23' season.

The Petracca to Pies stuff has been around for years. There was a BF poster years ago said he would be going or Pies. Swore by it. He sponged on twice since. Signed until 2029 so unlikely he’s going anywhere. Despite the fluff about him wanting to leave since his injury. There’s more chance he retires due to not wanting to play again. Which is not going to happen.

Just on our inability to recruit good players. Of the MCG teams (Pies, Tigers, Hawks, us) I'd have us third or fourth in line with Hawks for talent looking for that as a selling point. Simply because they only have one annual blockbuster (Easter Monday) while we have two. Until we get a home base we will remain pretty irrelevant in this space unless we are offering crazy money. Hopefully we can do that this year with the Brayshaw money, otherwise it's going to be retaining home grown talent and getting rejects for a while imo.

Just on our inability to recruit good players. Of the MCG teams (Pies, Tigers, Hawks, us) I'd have us third or fourth in line with Hawks for talent looking for that as a selling point. Simply because they only have one annual blockbuster (Easter Monday) while we have two. Until we get a home base we will remain pretty irrelevant in this space unless we are offering crazy money. Hopefully we can do that this year with the Brayshaw money, otherwise it's going to be retaining home grown talent and getting rejects for a while imo.
I don't know if having amazing facilities comes into a players decision or not. Not saying it's not something they'd love to have, i just think money, length of contract and future vision on where the clubs see them playing and where the club will be in the coming years play a bigger part. Obviously frustrating that we still don't have a base but I'm not sure I've ever heard a player moving clubs say the reason they chose that club was their facilities.

Hawks have been successful in recruiting because they are always not far away from a flag and can obviously sell a vision much better for the player. Geelong have their location and quality people running the club, Collingwood have the big crowds and the notoriety of being a huge club. Yeah, it's a tough sell when we're competing with these other clubs. And not having a base doesn't help, and probably have to pay overs for anyone willing to come to us. But i think our under 23 players have all shown that we are capable of being competitive in the future. With the amount of salary cap space we are rumoured to have, still no excuse to land 1 or 2 high quality players this offseason.

I disagreed with this at the time, thus the whole port Adelaide wines pisstake thing which said before the 23' season.
No that's fair, I remember haha. I also remember ripping on you for having a hate-boner for him.

Simpler times :love:

Whilst I take you point on no home base being an issue. I’m not sure we’ve missed on many realistic targets recently. Maybe someone needs to jog my memory. But Lever and May were big gets. Grundy to an extent. Going back Melky and Hibbo also. I think our target last season was focusing on getting pick 1.

Whilst I’m sure clubs are keeping an eye on the Oliver situation, I think Footy Classified just want some eyes on the screen. Cornes hates long term deals for all but Port players an McLure still hurting over his Clarry to Carlton story.
I’d say if Melbourne are keen to love him the stumbling block they created is the monster contract. 6 more years and looking like over 1 million per season. I just can’t see how this is worked out for a trade. We’d probably be copping a huge portion of the deal unless we are doing the old GC trick and handing decent picks with him. But that’s a bit counterintuitive.
IMO he won’t be traded this off season. Give him a decent crack at pre season and see how he goes.

Lloyd speaking sense though, no club in their right mind would go near that contract after the season he's had.
Well Oli has until next year imv, to try to prove himself again...

As it is Warner is contracted until 2025.
What chance Oli could do a Grundy and move interstate to the Swans, or other big interstate Club.

I reckon something will bare fruit.

And end of next year, or the one following, will see our needs for a ruckman exposed.

Make an offer for Brayshaw perhaps or even Finn Callaghan perhaps and still give us a chance to continue on the rebuild on the run. This year has also proven what a group of young kids does for the team morale and performance. They bring energy and excitement and gives the senior players a bit more prep in their step.
Lets keep one eye out over future seasons on h Reid. just in case he wants to return.

There could be other options arise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

**** it, let’s get things rolling.

- Petty, Sparrow, Oliver, Future 2nd to Adelaide for Thilthorpe and pick 5 (They can have Salem as well if needed to get the deal done).

- 2025 First rounder to Bulldogs for Bailey Smith

- 2026 first rounder traded to Freo for Collingwoods 2024 First

• 2024 Pick 5 for Brayshaw
  • 2024 Pick 7 (Collingwood) for Luke Trainor (Best Key defender)
  • 2024 Pick 15 Joe Berry (small forward) after we bid on Kako to burn Essendon’s points.
  • 2024 Pick 35 Alex Dodson (Ruck)

In: Thilthorpe, Smith, Brayshaw, Trainor, Berry, Dodson, Riak Andrews, Yze

Out: Petty, Sparrow, Oliver, 2024 picks, 2025 F1, 2025F2, 2026 F1

Piss off Chandler and Spargo for chump change and delist dads army and Lambs gang of rejects.

FB: Mcvee, May, Trainor
HBF: Salem, Lever, Howes
M: Windsor, Brayshaw, Smith
HFF: Petracca. JVR. Fritsch
FF: ANB . Thilthorpe. Pickett
RR: Gawn. Rivers. Viney

Int: Langdon, Tholstrupp, Berry, Jefferson

Sub: Woey (because Goody remains as coach)

Our wingmen to pickup some extra cash from some side marketing for Windsor Smith and play in footy boots made by the shoe store.

Edit: What I really expect will happen is we trade in Rory Lobb, Will Phillips, Devon Robertson and use some future first rounders to move our 2024 first rounder up 2 or 3 positions to draft an inside contested ball beast with poor foot skills.

Last edited:
This is good for us going into next year with the change to the NGA system.

There's a genuine NGA prospect for the Dees next years draft by the name of Tarion Ah-Mu from the Dandenong Stringrays who is eligible for next year's draft.

He's a 198cm imposing lad who plays as a genuine power forward and can pinch hit in the ruck. He plays with physicality and reminds me a little of Tom Hawkins from the bits of vision I've seen of him.

He's played 6 Coates League game and has kicked 12 goals already. He's also dominating school footy all whilst still being an under-age prospect.

If he keep his development up, he could easily become a top 20 draft prospect which would mean we would be able to match the bid.

images (2).jpeg

There's a genuine NGA prospect for the Dees next years draft by the name of Tarion Ah-Mu from the Dandenong Stringrays who is eligible for next year's draft.

He's a 198cm imposing lad who plays as a genuine power forward and can pinch hit in the ruck. He plays with physicality and reminds me a little of Tom Hawkins from the bits of vision I've seen of him.

He's played 6 Coates League game and has kicked 12 goals already. He's also dominating school footy all whilst still being an under-age prospect.

If he keep his development up, he could easily become a top 20 draft prospect which would mean we would be able to match the bid.

View attachment 2050416
He's thick through the legs for 17 bloody hell

View attachment 2050416
Every other persons missed leg day went to him.

View attachment 2050416

I’ve seen enough we don’t need to trade in a KPF this year

Hilarious that the AFL have tried to make the draft a US style spectacle while doing everything they can do make it the shittest thing ever.

Who wants to watch a draft where three quarters of the top twenty kids are going to be tied to clubs in advance?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – where everybody gets a ludicrously long extension!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back