Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
This is good for us going into next year with the change to the NGA system.

There's a genuine NGA prospect for the Dees next years draft by the name of Tarion Ah-Mu from the Dandenong Stringrays who is eligible for next year's draft.

He's a 198cm imposing lad who plays as a genuine power forward and can pinch hit in the ruck. He plays with physicality and reminds me a little of Tom Hawkins from the bits of vision I've seen of him.

He's played 6 Coates League game and has kicked 12 goals already. He's also dominating school footy all whilst still being an under-age prospect.

If he keep his development up, he could easily become a top 20 draft prospect which would mean we would be able to match the bid.

View attachment 2050416
Looks a massive unit. Can see the Tom Hawkins comparisons there.

This would be a great bit of business. A skilled half back like him would mean we could look to move one of Bowey or McVee further up the ground.

We're looking at Dan Houston as well according to that article, so would think it means Rivers to full time midfield, and perhaps more options then around what we do with Salem and even Sparrow who has floated around the backline this year.

I don't think back flankers are a huge priority for us but I rate Cummings and he's a FA, so makes sense.

Plus hopefully would mean Riv is permanent mid, maybe even McVee too, and Bowey half-forward?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I don't think back flankers are a huge priority for us but I rate Cummings and he's a FA, so makes sense.

Plus hopefully would mean Riv is permanent mid, maybe even McVee too, and Bowey half-forward?

I agree to a point - But if it means Sparrow and Salem are further down the pecking order and Rivers is full time mid then it's a big win for mine.

We're looking at Dan Houston as well according to that article
Holy hell a thousands times yes please. Even though I don't think we're 1-2 pieces away from contending, he would be amazing.

One of the best kicks I've seen.

The AFL changed the rules to cuck us from getting Mac Andrew only to walk it back when we have no exciting NGA prospects in the pipeline.
exactly.

Imv, the AFL owe us, big time.

Firstly we lost any go at the 2023 premiership, not 3 minutes into our finals game against the pies, when Gus was knocked into oblivion.

Then after all of that, the pies fought and won getting Maynard off at the tribunal, helping them win a flag at our expense.

And of course they changed the academy rules, just in time to knock us out of the race for Mac Andrew, who we had put time into developing him.

THEY owe us big time.!

Play him forward or back for us you reckon?
Back, but with license to roam like he has currently.

Been a while since we've had an A+ distributor off half-back. Since so much of the modern game is based off building and attacking off the HBF, he's one I'd definitely be keen for. His intercept marking is deceptively good too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Holy hell a thousands times yes please. Even though I don't think we're 1-2 pieces away from contending, he would be amazing.

One of the best kicks I've seen.
Takes Bowey's spot instantly

Guys that can kick should be a priority though, id take them anywhere we can get them.

Bowey has about the least attacking role on the team. Anyone who is there for their kicking would/should be taking someone else's spot ideally like Salem's gig once we trade him off for overs.

Bowey has about the least attacking role on the team. Anyone who is there for their kicking would/should be taking someone else's spot ideally like Salem's gig once we trade him off for overs.
If someone offered us a pick in the 20s for a re-roll on Bowey id do it. Salem isnt getting us shit unfortunately, his trade window was two years ago

I'm probably in the minority with Houston. He's regressed a bit this year and would cost a packet as a non-Free Agent.

Would much prefer Cumming.

I'm probably in the minority with Houston. He's regressed a bit this year and would cost a packet as a non-Free Agent.

Would much prefer Cumming.

Has he? His stats are basically identical to last year, with an increase in his disposal efficiency.

Unless I'm missing something, he's looked as good as ever to me (own him in SuperCoach, so have watched him pretty closely all year).

Get what you're saying re cost vs Cumming, but he's a far superior player, so you get what you pay for I guess.

Cumming could potentially be a better move with where we're at, however.

Seems Houston would be a long shot. But would be a huge pick up. Contracted so will be coughing up. Cumming would be my preference.
I’ve been thinking lately Salem is surplus to our needs. Won’t get much back for him but would free up a little cash. And maybe bring in some points for next year if we think the academy prospect could be any good. Not sure how the new system will look though.
Bowey definitely been off this year. But thinking that injury early on obviously cost him some fitness and touch etc.

This is good for us going into next year with the change to the NGA system.

There's a genuine NGA prospect for the Dees next years draft by the name of Tarion Ah-Mu from the Dandenong Stringrays who is eligible for next year's draft.

He's a 198cm imposing lad who plays as a genuine power forward and can pinch hit in the ruck. He plays with physicality and reminds me a little of Tom Hawkins from the bits of vision I've seen of him.

He's played 6 Coates League game and has kicked 12 goals already. He's also dominating school footy all whilst still being an under-age prospect.

If he keep his development up, he could easily become a top 20 draft prospect which would mean we would be able to match the bid.

View attachment 2050416
Wow that’s impressive thickness for a 16 year old at that height!..

If he becomes a top 20 prospect though, doesn’t that mean we cannot match a bid?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – where it's all happening đź’Ł

Remove this Banner Ad

Back