Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:

If someone offered us a pick in the 20s for a re-roll on Bowey id do it. Salem isnt getting us shit unfortunately, his trade window was two years ago

Agreed Salem isn't worth trading at this point. No one is going to be lining up for him. Better off just keeping him around to fill holes as a reliably average/OK player until he's naturally no longer best 22.

Agreed Salem isn't worth trading at this point. No one is going to be lining up for him. Better off just keeping him around to fill holes as a reliably average/OK player until he's naturally no longer best 22.
Ist take a 3rd rounder for Salem now still, someone would definitely take him. Geelong love a near retired ok player (Higgins, Henderson, Jenkins, Stevens etc)

H
Salem and Sparrow do one/tenths of f* all. Better off with them at Casey or trade away. Bowey heading towards this path as well. Sparrow in particular. Nearly 100 games and I can't even remember him being in the best column more than a couple of times. Pretty sure he has zero Brownlow votes in his time at the club as well. He's a list clogger yet gets a game every week. It's mindboggling.

I don't really see the point in salary dumps unless we have somewhere for that salary to go.
Front end clarrys contract and give him 4 million next year. With that much money he might just **** up enough to terminate it aswell
Win/win

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve thought recently Salem is the obvious choice to move on. Players like McVee AMW Woewy Bowey coming on. Plus we’re looking at Cumming and Houston apparently.
Bowey for me could be just having a down year. Had some injuries so prepared to give him a pass.

Front end clarrys contract and give him 4 million next year. With that much money he might just **** up enough to terminate it aswell
Win/win
Sure but again we end up in the same situation with a bunch of capspace and nowhere to use it.

We clearly have a bit of room to work with currently since we went after a few guys last year that all fell flat and this year we're chasing Houston and Waterman.

H

Salem and Sparrow do one/tenths of f* all. Better off with them at Casey or trade away. Bowey heading towards this path as well. Sparrow in particular. Nearly 100 games and I can't even remember him being in the best column more than a couple of times. Pretty sure he has zero Brownlow votes in his time at the club as well. He's a list clogger yet gets a game every week. It's mindboggling.

Honestly don’t recall a game ever with Sparrow being in our best 3 players on the field.

Would def trade Salem as a salary dump.

On Bowey, agree he's having a down year and others are looking better down back but I am dying for Goody to try him at half forward to at least see if he can make a go of it there.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The use of Bowey makes no sense. His ball use is his first, second and third best attribute but Goody only ever plays him deep in defence where teams can exploit his height. With McVee, AMW and to an extent Howes emerging this year I'd be very disappointed if we don't try him in a different role next year.

I think we'd be struggling to get a decent pick for him at the moment so the payoff is a lot higher for trying to find him a role up the ground.

H

Completely agree on Sparrow.

Salem I'm not fussed one way or the other. We're currently playing all of Rivers, McVee, Bowey and AMW anyway so I don't think he's keeping someone better out of the side right now?

Noting that if we get rid of Sparrow and then move McVee or Bowey up the ground we have another spot to fill down back.

That might change next year, in which case I'd happily move him on as soon as there's someone better available.

I'd trade Sparrow to the Hadfield Footy Club. Milking 100 games of absolute pure shitness.

Bowey is vulnerable down back at one staged he was matched up on a 195cm Harry Jones at one stage and we were just lucky that Essendon couldn't hit the side of the barn because they sprayed a kick that went towards Jones and Bowey.

He was drafted as a winger/half forward so why not get him back to his natural position or at least trial it to see if it benefits the team.

I'd trade Sparrow to the Hadfield Footy Club. Milking 100 games of absolute pure shitness.

Bowey is vulnerable down back at one staged he was matched up on a 195cm Harry Jones at one stage and we were just lucky that Essendon couldn't hit the side of the barn because they sprayed a kick that went towards Jones and Bowey.

He was drafted as a winger/half forward so why not get him back to his natural position or at least trial it to see if it benefits the team.
Yeah Bowey was drafted because of his elite kicking skills. We've needed a good kick going into the F50. With him struggling a little down back, you'd think it would be a no brainer moving him to a forward flank.

Bowey - keep. Try him up the ground and put Howes in his spot. At worst he is good depth.

Salem - depth until he retires (BBB treatment).

Sparrow - trade for whatever we can get, otherwise depth at Casey.

Oliver - will cost too much in picks/salary to trade. Back him in to either get better or screw up monumentally and we tear up his contract.

A Brayshaw - don't see the point of paying a fortune to get him here whilst we still have Viney and Oliver. Waste of picks and dollars.

Back our recruiters at the draft, they rarely miss.

Would def trade Salem as a salary dump.

On Bowey, agree he's having a down year and others are looking better down back but I am dying for Goody to try him at half forward to at least see if he can make a go of it there.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He seems to have lost a yard and a half. And misses too many passes that he used to hit.

The use of Bowey makes no sense. His ball use is his first, second and third best attribute
Its becoming a bit of a Salem media myth right now, when was the last time you saw Bowey set us away with a quality dangerous kick? He is a pointless 15m dink kick 99% of the time.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – where it's all happening đź’Ł

Remove this Banner Ad

Back