Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
May should absolutely be on the trading block, pointless letting all our vets die on the list when you can get something for them. If you want to do it with Gawn and Viney fine, but you've got to cash out some of them. Im sure we are still deluded enough to think we are flag contenders though so wont happen.
May looks so bloody close to the cliff. Definitely worth trying to con a team into taking him on.

May looks so bloody close to the cliff. Definitely worth trying to con a team into taking him on.
Id be fine with bringing TMac back for a year if we traded May. Petty will be taking May's spot eventually, might as well speed the process up to now.

Maybe I'm to sentimental but I wouldn't trade May.
Iā€™m with you.

If I could select on my sentimental nature we would be playing Rohan Bail, Oā€™Mac, Pedo and Watts right now. Let alone a total dude who is a premiership demon.

Iā€™m with you.

If I could select on my sentimental nature we would be playing Rohan Bail, Oā€™Mac, Pedo and Watts right now. Let alone a total dude who is a premiership demon.
One day I hope we can find a player you absolutely hate.

One day I hope we can find a player you absolutely hate.
It will be tricky.

I didnā€™t take to Joel Smith who was a bit disengaged and curt with sponsors at the sponsors day BBQ but I figured he might just be having a bad day.

And Heretier Lamumba nearly ran over me in a mid-size Holden in the Luna park car park on a family day once but he might have been in a rush to leave for some legitimate reason.

I should really join Demonland now that I think about it.

Why are we trading May?
Coz hes near the end and we arent in the premiership window any longer and he could get us a much needed draft pick before Tassie come in?

Id be fine with bringing TMac back for a year if we traded May. Petty will be taking May's spot eventually, might as well speed the process up to now.
that's what a good club would do, realise where they're at and trade out some of the older guys with some value left but who won't be part of the next premiership push, and also trade out some of the blokes who are under performing.
but Goody probably thinks we're still a chance at a flag next year with the same players again, even though they are clearly burnt out from playing his contest and defence heavy game style, week after week, year after year.

Makes complete sense since Demonland is the home of MFC propaganda/proper gander.
Iā€™ll rock up with a resume and see if I can fast track to moderator

Coz hes near the end and we arent in the premiership window any longer and he could get us a much needed draft pick before Tassie come in?
Could think of 20 blokes to trade before May. Our tall stocks are paper thin as it is. By all reports loves the club. Not sure trading him away for what, a 2nd or 3rd rounder is going to outweigh shoving off our best full back in the last few decades. If he comes out and says he wants out, then that's a difference story. I know we think Petty is the obvious replacement, but Petty has fair dinkum been shithouse. No guarantee that guy comes good again with his foot or form

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could think of 20 blokes to trade before May. Our tall stocks are paper thin as it is. By all reports loves the club. Not sure trading him away for what, a 2nd or 3rd rounder is going to outweigh shoving off our best full back in the last few decades. If he comes out and says he wants out, then that's a difference story. I know we think Petty is the obvious replacement, but Petty has fair dinkum been shithouse. No guarantee that guy comes good again with his foot or form
The one good game Petty did play this year was when he went back for May vs Hawthorn, he dominated.

Im not into sentimental shit and trying to be a top 10 side for the next 2 years, im into what's best for the team moving forward and May dying on our list would just be another case of dumb list management. Get JT picks and let him cook.

I doubt we do it however, club is run by idiots who actually think we can still challenge.

The one good game Petty did play this year was when he went back for May vs Hawthorn, he dominated.

Im not into sentimental shit and trying to be a top 10 side for the next 2 years, im into what's best for the team moving forward and May dying on our list would just be another case of dumb list management. Get JT picks and let him cook.

I doubt we do it however, club is run by idiots who actually think we can still challenge.
Petty played two good games I think? Iā€™d have to go back and look but one of them was forward.

I donā€™t disagree as such, but I canā€™t help but think back to Clarko chiseling out VC Jordan Lewis purely because he was hoping for him to fall in with a negotiation with Gold Coast to get Oā€™Meara to Hawthorn. Didnā€™t work and left some unnecessary bad feeling with player and supporters.

Also I think supporters sometimes decide cooked when it is actually out-of-form. TMac has been apparently cooked off and on for a few years now.

I do see what you are saying though that it might be time to think about rebuilding and looking for higher picks via losing some better but older players might be a sensible way to go. But May isnā€™t your guy. Heā€™s a leader and a backline general and might even be credited to some extent with the rapid development of guys like McVee. If this is the case, Melbourne need him more in a rebuild then the scattering of lower picks we get for letting him go. Plus he might do a TMac. But weā€™re not getting high picks for him now or next year so forget it and let him do what he does well which is marshalling a defense with some very young players and passing on his abilities.

Petty played two good games I think? Iā€™d have to go back and look but one of them was forward.

I donā€™t disagree as such, but I canā€™t help but think back to Clarko chiseling out VC Jordan Lewis purely because he was hoping for him to fall in with a negotiation with Gold Coast to get Oā€™Meara to Hawthorn. Didnā€™t work and left some unnecessary bad feeling with player and supporters.

Also I think supporters sometimes decide cooked when it is actually out-of-form. TMac has been apparently cooked off and on for a few years now.

I do see what you are saying though that it might be time to think about rebuilding and looking for higher picks via losing some better but older players might be a sensible way to go. But May isnā€™t your guy. Heā€™s a leader and a backline general and might even be credited to some extent with the rapid development of guys like McVee. If this is the case, Melbourne need him more in a rebuild then the scattering of lower picks we get for letting him go. Plus he might do a TMac. But weā€™re not getting high picks for him now or next year so forget it and let him do what he does well which is marshalling a defense with some very young players and passing on his abilities.
Dont think Clarko booting Lewis and Mitchell made any difference to the outcome, Hawthorn's failings came more in the form of free agency, trading draft picks constantly for players they shouldn't have, trying to stay in a premiership window forever.

Im not trading May out coz I think hes been bad this year, hes still one of the best FB's in the comp (although there are signs of panic in some games that never used to be there) with 2 or 3 years left I reckon. I think we'd get more for him than a lot of people think. Far more than a late second or early third. I think you could see a team in a premiership window give their first up for May + a pick back, something like that.

Ive always loved May and still do, just thinking big picture with Tassie coming in. We need to fill up on picks these next two years before the shit really hits the fan, we have one of the best in the business in JT, give him the picks to work some magic.

Dont think Clarko booting Lewis and Mitchell made any difference to the outcome, Hawthorn's failings came more in the form of free agency, trading draft picks constantly for players they shouldn't have, trying to stay in a premiership window forever.

Im not trading May out coz I think hes been bad this year, hes still one of the best FB's in the comp (although there are signs of panic in some games that never used to be there) with 2 or 3 years left I reckon. I think we'd get more for him than a lot of people think. Far more than a late second or early third. I think you could see a team in a premiership window give their first up for May + a pick back, something like that.

Ive always loved May and still do, just thinking big picture with Tassie coming in. We need to fill up on picks these next two years before the shit really hits the fan, we have one of the best in the business in JT, give him the picks to work some magic.
Maybe youā€™re right? Iā€™m not sure we would get so much. Iā€™d be interested to discover when the last time a 32yo was traded for a good pick.

Maybe youā€™re right? Iā€™m not sure we would get so much. Iā€™d be interested to discover when the last time a 32yo was traded for a good pick.
I think teams would overlook age somewhat, its not like hes a mid who relies on athletic traits. Top 3 full backs rarely come on the market so it would be hard to know but there would be a lot of teams that could use a 32 year old May.

I think teams would overlook age somewhat, its not like hes a mid who relies on athletic traits. Top 3 full backs rarely come on the market so it would be hard to know.
I donā€™t.

A couple of teams would love him for sure. Look at what Hawks got from Brian Lake. But they would only do it for the same price which is nothing.

Who knows. Just my opinion, but reluctant to ship off an AA quality(maybe past now) key position player for a net gain of pick 30-40 when we have f* all behind him. And to give him off to another club in contention doesn't sit well either. I'd be ropeable handing Carlton or Dogs a flag for a 2nd or 3rd round pick. I don't know, I've still got a sour taste in my mouth from how we f*d off James McDonald.

I donā€™t.

A couple of teams would love him for sure. Look at what Hawks got from Brian Lake. But they would only do it for the same price which is nothing.
We gave up a second for McAdam who is 29 and nowhere near the player May is, just need to find another Melbourne. :tearsofjoy:

We gave up a second for McAdam who is 29 and nowhere near the player May is, just need to find another Melbourne. :tearsofjoy:
Teams like us donā€™t come around too often. Itā€™s why I love Melbourne. Weā€™re unique

If you were Carlton or the dogs would you trade pick 12-18 for May and a future second? Both ( especially Carlton ) should be in multiple finals series and deep for the next few years. May could win you a flag or 2 like Brian Lake did for Hawthorn

How Lamb still has a job is beyond me.

Other than bringing in Langdon he has completely failed our list. May, Lever, Melksham and co were all the work of Todd Viney.

All Lamb is going to leave us with is with a legacy of bad contracts and other clubs rejects.

As bad as that Collingwood bloke who got the sack for cooking there cap. Ned Guy 2.0

Our list with not improve with him at the helm, mark my words.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread šŸ—‘šŸ”„

Remove this Banner Ad

Back